Sunday, 2/24, "The Rise of Darkrai" Review / Opinions / Notes

I thought the movie was pretty good. I did not catch any pronunciation mistakes though/ I am wondering though was Darkrai evil or good in the movie? I know Palkia and Dialga were both evil in the movie. I liked the graphics too. I have not seen a Pokemon movie with graphics this good but the movie was indeed awesome.:)

Did anyone record it?I you did, please put it on youtube and give me all of the links as I can't find a full set of parts on youtube.
EDIT:
Don't worry, I find some.If anyone wants them, they are all here:
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=SHWii

Well I'd have to agree with you WPM about the yelling @ the end... I think Veronica Taylor would have done auch better job in that scene... And they can call Darkrai a "demon" but can't call Palkia an "idiot"?! WTF is up with that?!

DONT SPOIL IT FOR OTHERS PEOPLE! I SAW IT, but others may have not!!! i think with musical score this is the best music in all of the pokemon films (minus the God awful english introduction when there in the city, and what the heck did a leaf sound like a syntheizier and not a kazoo? boo!!! but the bell tower song at the end that broke into a full orchestra when they where playing the song, made me think the 2000 score has nothing on this!!! i must find this score of the movie (import prob) and totally tell everyone this orchestra music within 10 is the best out of all 10 movies. It makes the "legend comes to life" look like happy birthday. Also, this A MOVIE WASNT YOUR TYPICAL "ASH SAVES THE WORLD" YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NINTENDO FINALLY!!!! 3 AND A HALF STARS!!! KNOCKING OUT MY 2nd favorite, "Pokemon Heroes" out of my 2nd favorite!!! woooot!

Darkrai's Theme is so awesome! One of my top favorite themes!

And asfor the intro song... I'm just thankful they didn't put that GOD-AWFUL DP English INtro theme!

Yeah I'm back online and about to start watching the movie.If anyone else lives in Engalnd like me or anywhere else, and wants to watch it follow this link,..:
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=SHWii
Man, this in gonna' be sweet! :)

Bye the way everyone DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT PUT ANY OF THIS MOVIE ON YOUTUBE!!! thats illegal and the only one who shold broadcasting rights is Cartoon Network. which they do. anyone who puts this movie on youtube, violates copyrights and basically is saying to pokemon "YOU SUCK! SCREW THE DVD" the same thing goes with all other movies. just wait it out till it comes and suck it up.....DO NOT PUT IT ON YOUTUBE thank you that is all.
yep the score stole my heart and totally made me think the 2000 score didnt exist......but the song by sarah brightman is on here as well! i love this way better than heroes but 2000 still always owns as my favorite

Yea, but for those who did not see the english version, youtube/veoh are good options to see whether or not you want to buy the dvd... a small screen can only do so much... :)

UltimateTrainer32 said:
Bye the way everyone DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT PUT ANY OF THIS MOVIE ON YOUTUBE!!! thats illegal and the only one who shold broadcasting rights is Cartoon Network. which they do. anyone who puts this movie on youtube, violates copyrights and basically is saying to pokemon "YOU SUCK! SCREW THE DVD" the same thing goes with all other movies. just wait it out till it comes and suck it up.....DO NOT PUT IT ON YOUTUBE thank you that is all.
yep the score stole my heart and totally made me think the 2000 score didnt exist......but the song by sarah brightman is on here as well! i love this way better than heroes but 2000 still always owns as my favorite

Noone cares.Here is what I'm watching right now!:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vhvPfFUN12o
I'm up to the part after it says pokemon the rise of darkrai and shows the team walking.Maybe CN shold think about that before they make the UK wait like 8 months after the US.I really don't care.:p
Ash:''100 Years!? thats like.. 10 times..''
Dawn:''10 Times 10''
Ash:*embarrassed smile*''Yeah.. you're right!''
LOL, even from the beginning this is the best pokemon movie yet.
Ok, now I'm waiting for part 2 to load up a bit.Looks like I'm about to watch the title sequence of the movie and a battle.Wait, it's all loaded!Gosh, this one was real quick!:D:D:D:D:D
I just realized, I did some architecture work in history recently, and a man called gaudi, simmilar to the guy in the movie mentioned called godie, made a tower that looks abit like the time and space tower.WTH? Check it up people!

I went for like an hour.Now I'm back to watch the rest..
What the?.. I though Darkrai was a massive pokemon!Its just a normal pokemons height!

Ok, this movie is officialy copying gaudi.A guy named Antoni Gaudi made a catheral design similar to the one in Pokémon movie 10.The person in movie 10 is called godie, and his grandson is called Tonio.Did anyone else know about this?Or am I the first one to find it out.
Setosama said:
That dakrai anyway...

There is only one darkrai.But if you mean as in the way that that Darkrai appears in the movie, they shold have made him huge.I only could imagine a legendary of that body to be huge.It looks like an ordinary gohst type like haunter the way they made him.On the other hand, it's good lucario isn't huge.But to add to the debate, Lucario isn't really even a legendary in my opinion..

Mmm... Nice movie!

But... Why is everyone saying the story was close to Pokemon 2000?

2000: Evil guy trying to kidnap the legendary birds to bring forth Lugia so he can capture it. Ash and them are in the Orange Islands during that festival thing. Ash has to go to the three legendary birds' islands and collect the orb thingies.

Rise of Darkrai: They come to the town for a Pokemon Contest. Dialga and Palkia are fighting to the death in the Space-Time Rift. They end up getting caught in the middle of Darkrai trying to stop Dialga and Palkia from destroying their dimension, yada yada yada.

... Does that sound anything alike?

I really don't care about about a few pronunciation problems, so yeah, I liked the movie. :]

Togeshroob said:
Mmm... Nice movie!

But... Why is everyone saying the story was close to Pokemon 2000?

2000: Evil guy trying to kidnap the legendary birds to bring forth Lugia so he can capture it. Ash and them are in the Orange Islands during that festival thing. Ash has to go to the three legendary birds' islands and collect the orb thingies.

Rise of Darkrai: They come to the town for a Pokemon Contest. Dialga and Palkia are fighting to the death in the Space-Time Rift. They end up getting caught in the middle of Darkrai trying to stop Dialga and Palkia from destroying their dimension, yada yada yada.

... Does that sound anything alike?

I really don't care about about a few pronunciation problems, so yeah, I liked the movie. :]

Its the whole Ash must save the world thing... :)

Whoh, Darkrai has legs!?!? He looks like one of them weird fat cartoon businessmen when hes standing on the roof:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gqu7H6gtbYw&feature=user at 6:02
I used to think Darkrai was pretty cool, but in the movie he is like the weakest Legendary ever.There are many normal pokemon even stronger than him.Whan an overrated pokemon!:D....
OMG ''The town is floating in another dimension'' I already figured that out like 20 mins ago..

Back