'Sun & Moon Premium Trainer Box' Product Image!

I'm sure we'll just keep getting the regular 8 pack ET box, but whatever. I'll buy whichever one of the version I like better.

oh... It's not confirmed though it's likely
When I pre-ordered yesterday, the description said 8 packs will be included and the list price will be $40.00. I'm assuming the North American Elite Trainer Boxes will be the same format as the other non-Generations Elite Trainer Boxes.

Hope we get this in america, (saving first paycheck for it)

AND THE BEST PART! Mystery energy is reprinted! My mewtwo deck is saved!

Last edited:
Oh, and what's up with the backing on those cards? Is that a new back or am I confusing it for something else?

When I pre-ordered yesterday, the description said 8 packs will be included and the list price will be $40.00. I'm assuming the North American Elite Trainer Boxes will be the same format as the other non-Generations Elite Trainer Boxes.
oh I misread his comment I thought he asked if the packs will have 10 cards :/

Oh, and what's up with the backing on those cards? Is that a new back or am I confusing it for something else?
I think you're referring to the sleeves

I really hope this come so out in US

Also, for those of you wondering by today, new SM rules dictates that burn will mown automatically put two damage counters on a Pokémon in between turns while a flip is required to check wether said pokemon is still burned.

And they kinda have to put a burn marker in there for thematic consistency anyways

Remember, the cards a re placeholders. I doubt mystery energy is coming back soon tbh, though... They got rid of dice and gave cardboard counters? or will they be acrylic coins now? I'd gladly use counter coins over dice

Also we get a normal coin and a deckbox? I doubt it'll be quality, likethe sleeves but it should be pretty nice to have

I just want to know what the trainerswill be

I wish they'd actually make something like this for NA. I'd buy this in a heartbeat. I just hope those trainers in the picture are not placeholders because... VS Seeker? Sycamore? Lysandre? They're not just making the competitive main games easier to enter, they're making the TCG competitive a little bit easier to join as well.

I wish they'd actually make something like this for NA. I'd buy this in a heartbeat. I just hope those trainers in the picture are not placeholders because... VS Seeker? Sycamore? Lysandre? They're not just making the competitive main games easier to enter, they're making the TCG competitive a little bit easier to join as well.

They are making worlds much more limited though

Can someone explain the gx counters, also that box art looks incredible 124 trainers and energies 10 packs plus a deck box and sleeves for only 50 bucks my poor baby wallet*cries*.

Why are the so many incredibly amazing things comming out!

Also sorry to make a bunch of post grouped together but those are just placeholders on the sleves right, and is this coming with special energies?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of people here mixing Japanese and English sets? Or is this same thread on a new post for a western box?
The damage counters are plastic. Japan doesn't really do dice.
Mystery Energy is still in the Japanese rotation (they aren't Primal Clash onwards).
Sun and Moon are adjacent sets (like X & Y (XY) or Red Impact & Blue Flash (Breakthrough) or Explosive Fighter & Cruel Traitor (Steam Siege)).

I have this preordered. The deck box and sleeve look awful to me so I might flip them on eBay. Little bit disappointed TBH as I was hoping for a box box to keep everything in from the previous description.
EDIT: According to the official site the main box can be used to store cards (presumably much like a western elite box)

I wonder what that square GX rectangle is at the bottom? It's not the GX marker, so maybe just branding?
EDIT: I'm being thick. That is the GX marker. The round thing is a flip coin.

Last edited:
When will preorders be available for this, and will this be available for us in december as well.

This is probably pokemons way of allowing more people to have accsess to these expensive staples such as VS seeker which is honestly a great idea.

Yeah, I'd love those damage markers (assuming they're the cool glass-look ones you get in Japan and not cardboard) and poison counter... I'm guessing we won't get those in the English equivalent, we'll probably just get our normal ETB.

In terms of VS Seeker being included (if this were to be done in English), I don't think it's necessary tbh. VS Seeker has been in plenty of English products lately (Legendary Battle Decks, Battle Arena Decks) so it's not so hard to find any more. That and (in England at least) you do still see Phantom Forces packs about.

Still, liking the look of the new energy cards!

Back