TCG Fakes Sun & Moon: Forgotten Allies (19 new cards August 13)

Discussion in 'Creative Works' started by PMJ, Jul 29, 2019.

1. PMJ happy thoughts
    PMJ

Articles Staff Activities Staff Badges Staff Elite Member Advanced Member Member

Welcome to the thread for my new set. A long time ago, I created Platinum: Unsung Heroes with the help of some really awesome Beachers and I'm at it again, with plenty more forgotten Pokemon that need some love.

I don't have a logo right now, but if anyone wants to make a few and run them by me, that'd be cool.

I'm making this set for the LackeyCCG plugin, which can be used to battle others using custom cards. (Unsung Heroes is playable with this plugin.) The main thread can be found here. All the information you need if you're interested in playing with us can be found there.

We also have a Discord server that you can join here.

If you'd like to provide some artwork for this set, let me know. The GX cards are covered, but most everything else is fair game. Your artwork should be no smaller than 640 x 430 pixels, but bigger is always better. Backgrounds are optional, but the more background surrounding your Pokemon, the better. The spoilers for these cards are already finished, so I don't need assistance with those. I'll be posting a few finished cards every so often until the entire set is complete.

Look forward to playing with this set on Lackey once everything is all done. If you have any comments or questions about anything I've discussed in this post, please let me know.

Without further ado, I present Sun & Moon: Forgotten Allies.

001/120 Ledyba
    002/120 Ledian-GX
    [​IMG]
    004/120 Carnivine
    [​IMG]
    006/120 Simisage
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    009/120 Magmar
    [​IMG]
    011/120 Slugma
    012/120 Magcargo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    016/120 Emboar
    017/120 Krabby
    018/120 Kingler-GX
    019/120 Goldeen
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    022/120 Snorunt
    023/120 Froslass
    024/120 Amaura
    025/120 Aurorus
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    028/120 Electabuzz
    029/120 Electivire-GX
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    033/120 Tynamo
    034/120 Eelektrik
    035/120 Eelektross
    [​IMG]
    037/120 Abra
    [​IMG]
    039/120 Alakazam
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    042/120 Pumpkaboo
    043/120 Gourgeist-GX
    044/120 Sandygast
    045/120 Palossand
    046/120 Sandshrew
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    049/120 Primeape
    050/120 Trapinch
    051/120 Roggenrola
    [​IMG]
    053/120 Gigalith-GX
    054/120 Houndour
    [​IMG]
    056/120 Poochyena
    057/120 Mightyena-GX
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    060/120 Guzzlord
    061/120 Alolan Diglett
    062/120 Alolan Dugtrio
    063/120 Aron
    064/120 Lairon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    067/120 Klang
    068/120 Klinklang
    069/120 Durant-GX
    070/120 Celesteela
    071/120 Jigglypuff
    [​IMG]
    073/120 Togepi
    074/120 Togetic
    075/120 Togekiss
    [​IMG]
    077/120 Comfey
    078/120 Tapu Fini-GX
    079/120 Magearna
    080/120 Vibrava
    081/120 Flygon
    082/120 Tyrunt
    [​IMG]
    084/120 Goomy
    085/120 Sliggoo
    086/120 Goodra-GX
    087/120 Pidgey
    088/120 Pidgeotto
    089/120 Pidgeot-GX
    090/120 Sentret
    091/120 Furret
    092/120 Gligar
    093/120 Gliscor
    094/120 Teddiursa
    095/120 Ursaring
    096/120 Castform
    097/120 Minccino
    098/120 Cinccino
    099/120 Aqua Suit
    100/120 Blaine's Quiz
    [​IMG]
    102/120 Candice
    103/120 Elixir
    104/120 Heal Ball
    105/120 Love Ball
    106/120 Luck Incense
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    111/120 Pester Ball
    112/120 Protective Pads
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    116/120 Steven Prism Star
    [​IMG]
    118/120 Terrain Extender
    119/120 Valerie
    120/120 Warp Point

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 3:31 PM

2. PMJ happy thoughts
    PMJ

Articles Staff Activities Staff Badges Staff Elite Member Advanced Member Member

When I post new cards, I'm going to include a couple thoughts about each one.

Lanturn: Ionic Field does exactly what's written on the box. It combos well with Electivire-GX, but you'll have to find a way to get him out of the Active spot before you can use it. Zzzap is meant to dissuade fakers from including Abilities on every card they make. We all like to give our Pokemon cool powers, but it's bad for the game if everything has an Ability, not to mention it looks poor from a visual standpoint. It hits for Weakness, too, so be careful.

Sunny Park Colosseum: Works very well with Magmortar, but has other uses, too. This will be a very popular card, I am sure.

The following cards have been added. Enjoy.

Cacnea: I'm not one to neglect my Basic Pokémon, even the ones that evolve. It's my goal to make all of them seem useful in some way, and you'll see that on many of the evolving Basics in this set. Though Cacnea itself is not a Dark-type, it still has dormant Dark-type genes that awaken on evolution. Share some dark energy of your own and bring out this card's full potential.

Magmortar: Very, very strong. Magmortar hits extremely hard; you'll want to save it to take on a huge threat. To help alleviate the cost of such an attack, Overheat allows you to slowly build him up while you go in with a different attacker. Boldore can help you attack quickly, but don't leave your Special Energy on Magmortar too long, lest you see it removed. Note that this card features a Fairy Resistance. In the current TCG, Fairy is one of the only types that no card resists; since Fire resists Fairy and Fire Pokemon don't usually have a Resistance unless they are also birds, I thought it would be as good a time as any to bring fairies down a peg. (Just keep Primarina off the field.)

Oricorio: A powerful support Pokemon, capable of buffing your attackers or helping you recover after a KO. I expect this card to be used a lot. I was torn between giving it 60 or 70 HP, but I decided on 70 to prevent it from being selected with Professor Elm's Lecture or cards like it.

Norman: This unique card takes advantage of your opponent's hand size. If you need to dig in your deck, but don't want to get rid of the resources you currently have, give this guy a try.

Starfall Hill: This Stadium gives you a free "do-over" if the Prize you take isn't something you want or need. The question of using this Stadium over something like Blue Card is one players will need to ask themselves when building a deck. There are advantages to both, so I invite you to test both cards and let me know what you think.

Minor changes: The font on the set numbers for Lanturn and Sunny Park Colosseum have been updated to be closer to the actual font. Names on all cards have been moved up a few pixels.

NinJamezor and TheAquaPiplup like this.
  3. PMJ happy thoughts
    PMJ

After going on about how not everything needs Abilities, I checked to see just how many Pokemon I had that didn't have them and I was not happy with the number, lol. I tweaked a couple cards (nothing being shown today) and I'll be changing a couple more to get rid of some abilities and leave the more interesting ones.

Today, however, I'd like to showcase some of the cards in this set that don't have Abilities to show that you can have interesting affects without getting destroyed by Lanturn.

The following cards have been added.

Brionne: I think it's important for mid stages to have a reason to be in play. For example, Pignite can search for Pokemon. Togetic draws you cards. Brionne's support comes in the form of its attacks, so they're really good. Their all-Colorless costs mean you can technically use it in any deck you want, but as a Stage 1, it might not be feasible outside of Fairy decks.

Cresselia: After learning that, for whatever reason, PCL decided to reprint Kangaskhan from EX FireRed and LeafGreen with all three of its attacks intact, I was overjoyed. Finally, I can make SM-era cards with three attacks. Cresselia is quite bulky, letting you get plenty of Collects off if you so choose. Crescent Wings is about as strong as it can be on a Basic Pokemon - nothing to write home about. Moonlight Laser is the real selling point of the card, with a unique effect capable of doing some big damage. How high can you go with it?

Sandslash: Fighting is a very common Resistance. It's also an attacking type shared by three game types of Pokemon, so I think it's important to give Fighting Pokemon a bit of a way to combat this. Enter Sandslash with one of the most powerful spread attacks in the game. There are fifteen Pokemon in Forgotten Allies that have Fighting Resistance; a few of them are evolving Basics and all of them are OHKOed (on the Bench) by Grounding Force. If you go first and manage to get Sandslash attacking turn two, there is a very real chance you can wipe your opponent's board if they play carelessly. Decks with attackers that have Fighting Resistance will have to exercise caution against this threat. Earthquake is pretty standard, it does a lot of damage at the cost of softening up your own Bench. There aren't any cards in Forgotten Allies that can protect you from this damage, but if one gets printed in the future, this Sandslash could easily go from tech to major threat.

Hoopa: This card has an Ability, but it's because of what the Ability does that makes it worth mentioning here. My intent with this card is to make it the centerpiece of a Darkness toolbox deck of sorts. Several of the Darkness-type Pokemon in this set have attacks with unique effects, allowing Hoopa's player to choose the right attack for the situation. Will you trap the opponent's Pokémon-GX with Houndoom? Borrow Mightyena-GX's attack to punish Abilities? Or use your own attack to pick off a Pokémon that's gone to the Bench to hide? Don't forget about the evolving Basics, either; both Houndour and Poochyena have great attacks that are worth copying, and that's just considering Forgotten Allies! The more Darkness-type Pokemon that are added, the stronger Hoopa becomes - so it does have fairly low HP to balance it.

Aggron: This big, beefy beast only has one job, but it does it very well. Terrify not only prevents Pokemon-GX from attacking, but also blocks Abilities. Can't break Kingler-GX stall? Aggron's your man. Worried about Pidgeot-GX picking off your weakened Pokemon? Aggron stops Grandma cold. Aggron isn't a full stop to Pokemon-GX Abilities, however; Safeguard doesn't work on Aggron, and Terrify is too weak to proc Panic Feast, for example. But there are plenty that it does work on, and don't forget that Terrify stops them from attacking, period. Terrify is strong enough to be your main method of attack, regardless of your opponent, but if you're in a bit of trouble, you can roll the dice with Giant Tail. It can OHKO every normal Pokemon and all the Basic Pokemon-GX in this set, though if you're using Aggron at all it's likely you are simply going for the GX lock route.

Wigglytuff: Wigglytuff and Alolan Dugtrio are the only cards in this set with free attacks. The mechanic is one I've used on past fakes a bit. I like the idea of building up strength towards one massive hit. The strategy is simple - use Inhale to buff yourself and store power, then blow it all out in one huge Exhale Blast. To help you survive long enough, using Inhale has the bonus of not only increasing your maximum HP, but giving you a small defense buff. Fun fact: As I was uploading this image, I realized that there is nothing stopping you from using Inhale for all time, eventually giving you a 300-HP monster that is essentially immune to all damage - so I added a cap of 3 uses. This will still give Wigglytuff 150 HP and a -30 global damage reduction, so it is still viable as a stall option. A 240-damage Exhale Blast OHKOs everything except Gigalith-GX and Goodra-GX, and Primarina can be used to secure the KO on both of them. It's a powerful card that I believe has potential. Give it a try.

Nikki: Who needs to do something as lame as attaching Energy when you've got Nikki? For a single turn, Nikki will triple all the Grass Energy on your field. Oddly enough, this card is fairly weak in Forgotten Allies - outside of Simisage, no card in this set can truly abuse this card. It allows Carnivine and Lilligant to attack for one Energy, and once you play Nikki, all your Retreat Costs effectively become C. There are a couple cards from Steffenka's Festive Battles and Mega Eruption sets that can appreciate Nikki, but until they've been checked and tweaked for balance it's hard to say whether or not Nikki breaks them.

Minor changes: Fixed a grammar error on Oricorio. Switched from cascadegonpory's blanks to aschefield101's blanks. Changed some text spoilers after realizing what a hypocrite I was.

Are there any cards you're interested in seeing? Think a card is too strong (or too weak)? Want to do artwork for this set? Drop your comments below.

4. PMJ happy thoughts
    PMJ

For today's update, I'd like to talk about some Pokemon that do have Abilities (and a couple that don't). Let's get right to it.

Lilligant: Item lock has always been a powerful effect, but I believe that I've struck a balance here. Not only are you required to be Active to start the lock, you also need to be completely undamaged. This means that, going second, the Lilligant player will get a minimum of one turn of Item lock, provided you don't whiff an Energy. Even if Lilligant's player goes first, the opponent may be forced into a worse attacking option for fear of being Item locked as soon as you evolve. All is not lost, however; Lilligant's attack has a very powerful, albeit flippy, healing effect attached to it that can help reset the lock if luck is on your side.

Heat Rotom-GX: Though this is a Basic, it's not really a Pokemon you want to start with. Detonate is an extremely strong attack for its cost, but it carries a massive penalty if you aren't losing when you use it. Flame Array is your main source of attack and is one of the harshest Special Energy hate cards in this set, scraping one from every Pokemon they have in play. In this set, the only Special Energy card is Boldore, but there will be others. The strength of this card largely depends on how many viable Special Energy get created, or if a method to take advantage of Detonate's penalty is discovered. Bake GX offers you a one-turn reprieve in the form of instantly killing any Pokemon your opponent attaches an Energy to, from any source. If you're facing down a Bench full of Seaking, preventing them from flooding their board with Energy for a turn could be quite useful.

Tepig: The attack Pummel is present on each Pokemon in this line, and does progressively more damage for each member of the family you have in play. If you can get all four Tepig into play, Pummel will do 40 damage, which is very strong on an evolving Basic. You'll notice that this Tepig has 50 HP, quite low for the SM era. Evolving Basics with strong attacks like this one will typically have 50 HP to offset a powerful Ability or attack. It is in your best interest as an Emboar player to get all four of your Tepig out as fast as you can, so I've also given Tepig the ability to search out any Basic you want. Note that you are not restricted to searching for Tepig (although you will probably want to, considering Pignite's Ability).

Pignite: Squeal, my little piggy, squeal! Pignite offers a powerful search option which is not limited to one use a turn, so if you really wanted to, you could evolve all four of your Tepig into Pignite in the same turn for a huge 70-damage Pummel. That might not be the best idea, though... Either way, it's definitely a very strong card in Emboar decks and a decent search tool otherwise.

Seaking: There isn't much to say about this card. The more Seaking you swarm, the higher chances you'll get more Energy into play. Kingler-GX probably appreciates the help the most, though any attacker with Water or Colorless Energy costs can benefit. The Ability is balanced by having a lackluster attack. It's holo because there has never been a holo Seaking card, and that's unacceptable.

Cacturne: I really like the Dark Pokemon in this set. Each evolution line is weak to something different so you aren't completely blown out by one type. The fairies still all resist Dark, though, so... you might want to just hope your opponent isn't using them. Cacturne has no Abilities of its own, but it has two excellent attacks for Hoopa to copy if you so choose - a Special Energy hate attack and a unique attack you can use from the Bench. Using the attack while Benched forces you to promote Cacturne (or Hoopa if he's copying it), but rewards you with a bit of extra damage. Popplio also has an attack you can use from the Bench, but it works a little bit differently from Soaring Smash.

Minor changes: Cleaned up Brionne's evocon, it looks way sexier now. Oops I forgot the bevel, I'll deal with it later.

I like the likes but I like feedback more. Anything you're curious about or think needs changing? The beauty of these fakes is I can change literally anything, so nothing is set in stone - even after it's live on Lackey! Post your thoughts or die. Just kidding. Don't die. Read my fic, it's great.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    TheAquaPiplup likes this.
  5. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

I like the original idea behind Soaring Smash. However, after coming in and hitting for 80 damage, you are left with an active Pokémon that can do only 50 damage and is hard to retreat with two energies. But it depends on the meta. I am not familiar with the online platform these cards are meant to be played, so I keep comparing them to the current meta with the standard damage for 3 energy cost being 90.

Brilliant ideas overall. I am not an expert in the Pokémon TCG and I play only casually, so just to know.

bbninjas likes this.
  6. PMJ happy thoughts
    PMJ

No meta exists yet. This is one of the first sm sets being added. You're right though, it might be just a little weak.

scattered mind likes this.
  7. Kangaflora Aspiring Trainer
    Kangaflora

Nice. I'm already looking forward to seeing the Abra Evolution line. Keep it up.

8. PMJ happy thoughts
    PMJ

Big update today. I kinda have a busy month this month, so I'm putting this on a temporary hiatus. To show that I still love you all, I'm posting a nice fat update featuring a lot of the more interesting Pokemon in this set. So, without further ado...

Pansage: A few of the Basics in this set have attacks that do something different or extra if you use it going second on your first turn. Pansage is one of these cards, and it can get you a humongous hand if luck is (isn't?) on your side. Other than that, it's a very solid Basic with decent HP and two good attacks.

Petilil: The first thing that you will likely notice about Petilil is that it has Ascension, allowing you to get the turn one Item lock with Lilligant that I mentioned before. It isn't 100% guaranteed - there are ways for the player going first to damage Petilil before it can evolve - but outside of those cases, you should enjoy at least one turn of Item lock. Hopefully that will buy you enough time to attach enough Energy to attack. Fragrance Link, Petilil's second attack, is a cheeky way of doing 20 damage if you need to, for whatever reason... but you will probably never use it.

Delibird: Given that Delibird's shtick is all about giving gifts, I thought it would be the perfect candidate to have an ability to hold a bunch of Tools on it. The Tools in this set aren't that busted when you stack them on Delibird; the most you'll get out of it is a turn one Ice Wing. Like Sigilyph before it, Delibird's real use is to hoard Tool cards to power up Alolan Diglett's Tool Drop attack. A word of caution: Delibird has Fighting Resistance, which means it gets 2HKOed by Sandslash's Grounding Force, even if Delibird is Active.

Popplio: As I said before, Popplio also has an attack that can be used on the Bench. Unlike Soaring Smash, Popplio stays on your Bench when you perform it, but you can only use it once per turn. And if you don't have an Energy on Popplio, then you can't use the attack. If Popplio is Active when it uses Cheer On, then you can't use another copy from the Bench because you are limited to one use per turn.

Chinchou: How much do you like rolling the dice? If you are willing to risk starting with this Pokemon, you can get a big boost in the form of two free Lightning Energy, even if you're going second! In Lightning decks, it might be really good, since Lanturn hits Pokemon with Abilities and there are a lot of them in this set (can't be helped). I feel like its power will decrease over time as Abilities become less common, or maybe it'll just be a strong starter regardless.

Fan Rotom: There are a couple Tool hate cards in this set, and this Pokemon is one of them. You can use it to remove your own Tools, too, so keep that in mind. Don't forget that it's a Pokemon first - to alleviate the pain of starting with it, Thunderbolt is cheap and all Colorless so you don't have to feel bad about including it in your deck.

Kadabra: To be honest, nothing is special about this card other than the fact that it exists on SM-era blanks. The card is pretty average - on purpose. In the same vein I tried to make Basics good, so too did I leave a few Pokemon unimpressive by design.

Qwilfish: The art is goofy, which adds a bit of lighthearted silliness to the set. It also matches up with the Ability, Swift Swim. Gotta go fast! Expand and Explode can be used with just one Psychic and one Water attached since all your Waters count for two. It also means discarding 1 Energy gives you 50 damage, 2 Water gets you 70, etc. I really wanted to just give you raw damage without requiring a coin flip, but it was too strong when combined with something like Seaking.

Mankey: This card is fun. :> Make Mischief has four different effects for you to choose from, and all of them screw with your opponent somehow. Let the trolling begin! Tonnage is very strong, as is to be expected on a Fighting-type. The damage you do to yourself will activate Primeape's Ability, so there will rarely be a time that you don't want to do the extra damage. Thirty for one is really strong, but Make Mischief is also a very strong move. Your opponent isn't going to want to hurt you, so it might be better to just Make Mischief all day and force your opponent swing into you.

Boldore: Boldore's Pokedex entry mentions something about the orange crystals being raw energy, and I thought - why not incorporate that into a card? Enter Boldore, with a very long Ability effect that lets you turn it into two Energy of any type, but you can only attach it to Pokemon that already have a basic Energy attached to it, which goes to your hand when you attach Boldore. This prevents you from looping Boldore forever (should that action become viable for whatever reason) or getting other Special Energy back. This is most useful on dragons with their funky Energy requirements, especially Goomy and Sliggoo whose Abilities prevent you from getting rid of Boldore once you attach it. Boldore is a card that is only slightly useful as an Energy card now, but could become quite strong later. If you don't need its Ability, just evolve it into Gigalith-GX.

Houndoom: Though it doesn't have the ability to stop Pokemon-GX from retaliating, Houndoom can at least stop them from running away for a turn - very powerful if your opponent has a Pokemon-GX with expensive Energy costs. Evaporate gives you a slight reprieve against Water decks, giving you boosted damage as well as a way to discard Water Energy specifically (remember that Boldore counts as Water Energy when attached!). Don't hesitate to send Hoopa up front to utilize Houndoom's talents to protect yourself from Weakness. Scavenge rounds out the Dark toolbox by letting you scoop up a discarded Item, for free. Nice!

Klink: Klinklang is a strange Pokemon. It's also one of my favorites. Each Pokemon in this line has an attack that can be used for free if certain conditions are met, and in the case of Klang and Klinklang, the attacks are much stronger as well. Fun stuff. Klink is the only one in its line with an attack that can be used if you go first in a game, just to make up slightly for not being able to use Gear Grind for free.

Primarina: I am rather pleased with how this holo turned out, especially on such a simple background. Right, so Primarina. Simply having it in play gives a huge damage boost to all your fairies. The other fairies in this set are balanced(ish) around having Primarina in play, so if their attacks seem weak, that's why. Songstress Arts is really good, too, so to counteract this a bit, Primarina has really low HP - the lowest of any Stage 2. Ursaring has more HP than this thing. Are you going to go for a powerful attack with Primarina, or leave it on your Bench as support?

Tyrantrum: This is another card I'm not entirely sure isn't a little busted. The attack is really strong, and with Tyrunt's attack it's not as difficult to start swarming Tyrantrum. The focal point of this card is the Ability, Risky Retaliation. If you get lucky with your flips you can wall just about everything, and with an absolutely massive 190 HP you can keep dishing out the pain. Your gigantic HP total also acts as a bit of a buffer so you can afford to roll the dice once or twice and not be afraid of flipping tails. Dominating Fangs is strong, but it's expensive. If Tyrantrum goes down before you have another one ready, you could be in trouble. As a reminder, Risky Retaliation is a flat increase or decrease of 50 damage that gets added to the final damage result. If an attack would end up doing 0 damage due to Resistance, for example, you would not get to flip for Risky Retaliation because Tyrantrum was not damaged by the attack. It also triggers on any attack, so if it was on your Bench when your Sandslash used Earthquake, you could use Risky Retaliation if you wished. ...I'm open to feedback on this. The best thing about faking is that I can change these at any time, so changing them is no big deal.

Blue Card: Simple and straight to the point. If you're at a point in the game where all your remaining Prize cards are face up, you get to thin 1 from your deck for your trouble. Blue Card requires multiple deck slots to be useful, whereas Starfall Hill lets you peek at your Prizes slowly and the slots you use for it can be used for Stadium control as opposed to simply revealing what one of your Prizes is. How will you use these two unique cards in your deck?

Mystic Water: Activates on any death, not just from your opponent. Also requires a coin flip because otherwise it would be busted. Combos with Seaking.

Quick Claw: It might be hard to find this in your opening hand. Notable first turn plays include Petilil's and Electabuzz's Ascension attacks, a turn one Ice Wing from Delibird if you stack two Quick Claws on him, or a turn one Thunderbolt from Fan Rotom for 1 Energy. Remember that the [C] discount on your attacks is a perk from having the Tool equipped and lasts past your first turn, so it has use outside of your first turn. There are a lot of attacks with Colorless Energy in their costs, which makes Quick Claw a popular option - but keep in mind that Tool Drop counts all Tools in play for its damage, not just your own. And with Quick Claw attached, Tool Drop only costs one Energy - be prudent with your attachments.

Red Scale: Discarding Energy is an important aspect of the game that I did not want to leave out of this set. This card combines two discard options into one, giving you the freedom to discard what you need to, when you need to, but also limiting the amount of times you can take this action unless you're using Houndoom.

Sandstorm Stadium: Borrowed from @Nyora's text fakes. I liked the idea behind this Stadium, so I stole it. Sandstorm Stadium is tremendously powerful when used in conjunction with other spread attacks, especially Sandslash's Grounding Force. The effect is limited to once per turn to prevent any shenanigans involving removing the Stadium and replacing it with another Sandstorm Stadium and using it again.

Other changes:

- Cacturne's Soaring Smash now does 60 + 60, up from 50 + 30. This allows Cacturne or Hoopa to score a possible 2HKO on some of the lower Pokemon-GX, provided he lives long enough to do it.
    - Brionne's Weakness changed to L, from G.
    - Floette-GX has been replaced by Tapu Fini-GX; the set list has been changed accordingly.

Thanks again to @steffenka for some of the artwork. If you're interested in doing artwork for this set, let me know.

This will be the last update for the next few weeks. I hope you've enjoyed the cards I've put out so far and are looking forward to the rest. Leave comments or feedback here, or check out our Discord if battling with these and other fake cards tickles your fancy - link is in the OP.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 3:30 PM
    steffenka and bbninjas like this.
  9. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

I am interested. (To do artwork)

Primaria is a very good and balanced card. First I thought it was great-then suspected that it might be too great but then looked at the HP. Fair enough.
    Also make sure Uri Geller doesn’t see this Kadabra card :p

10. PMJ happy thoughts
    PMJ

@scattered mind (or anyone else), art guidelines:

Artwork should be no smaller than 640 pixels wide by 430 pixels high, and the bigger the better. Only the Pokemon-GX are reserved, and any card that is not currently posted is available. Just post which ones you'd like to do, but PM me the finished work.

Drawing your Pokemon separate from your background is ideal so I can reposition it if I need to. Keep in mind that the art window on cards is a rectangle, not a square. Don't crop your background, I'll handle that myself. I think that's it.

scattered mind likes this.
  11. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

Ok. I’ll start drawing Electabuzz tomorrow.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?