News 'Sun and Moon Strengthening Expansion Pack'

For a flippy attack, that first attack is really strong for only one energy. That GX attack is maybe one of the best so far, honestly.

Even if your opponent switches right after you poison, you're still slapping down 10 damage counters regardless of reduced damage on your victim, or possibly other effects.

Last edited:
That's amazing! Especially in Expanded with Dragalge (FLF) and Virbank. Also, if your opponent has between 110-200 HP they'll die on YOUR turn

Kinda weak honestly. Sure the first attack could deal a decent chunk of damage but three straight psychic energy is hard for manual attachments. There's also plenty of answers to deal with even not getting poisoned and I'm not very keen on a barrier GX attack with Pokemon Ranger able to turn it off.

It could use Alolain Muk to deal with some of it's counters. I would find it funny if it made Twisted Spoon a big tool attachment.

That is very op combind with Giritina Promo and Drudigon from Steam Seigie and its Anti-Break as well this is awesome only good gx's are Snorlax and Toxapex now

Toxapex/Garbodor in expanded with virbank and max elixirs, KOing megas and FFB ex's and even GX's going back into ur turn this card is way too broken.

Oh man Toxapex! Glad to see this get a GX. I hope other 7th gen Pokemon get GXS like Bewear, WishiWashi, Crabominale, Silvally, and maybe even Passimian.

I think Max Elixir will play a large part of this being one of those decks that if you go first and your opponent has a slim start, you could easily get it up in time to make headway.

This is really really cool. Whether or not it'll be amazing, only time will tell. Nonetheless, imo its one of the better GX's.

That is very op combind with Giritina Promo and Drudigon from Steam Seigie and its Anti-Break as well this is awesome only good gx's are Snorlax and Toxapex now
I don't see how this is a counter for BREAKS, it counters everything (except metal decks :() the only problem with it is Evolution, because expanded Dragalge prevents retreat, I guess Archeops is an option but I'm not sure if it would be worth it

When judging a card's impact on the current meta, one must acknowledge the competition such a card possesses, and whether that makes this card stronger or weaker.

Yveltal is prominent in both expanded and standard; potentially a huge threat for this card.
Stacking up energy via manual attachment will cause you to be hit multiple times for (possibly) free damage.
You have no way to OHKO an Yveltal("small")+Belt, so when you take out an EX, they could hit you with two Oblivion Wings. It just outpaces the deck, as there's not really a consistent way to ramp into three Psychic energy.

Greninja BREAK is also a huge threat to this card.
Free retreats to break poison, potentially running Max Potions, and the ability to knock out your Mareanies with Giant Water Shuriken as you attempt to ramp with Elixirs.
Yes, you can shut this down with Garbodor, but... Greninja's biggest weakness is usually just... not getting the right cards, and being too slow.
If you're running Toxapex/Garbodor, you're probably not running much else.
Your deck will be slow, and the possibility of Greninja finding an answer to Garbodor before you set up, is quite high. You both need to evolve, and you both need energy, but the Greninja deck is entirely focused around that.

Also, take into consideration the Psychic Weakness, leaving this card extremely weak to both M Mewtwo, and M Gardevoir.

Conclusion: I can see this card being used, but I don't expect it to be a huge threat in the competitive scene; especially since the majority of decks have started running a copy of Pokemon Center Lady.

Grade -- Silver
(On a scale of : X - Bronze - Silver - Gold)

Yikes, that poison attack's an easy one turn kill for most basic or midway Pokémon. Plus that GX attack could come in handy.

I may need to run that in one of my next decks.

I have to admit that this may be the first RNG-centric Pokemon I may love. 1 Energy for a potential 120 damage is insane. The second and GX attacks are obviously extremely good, one being a straight free 150 damage, the other forcing your opponent to Retreat or lose something (or in the case of anything with 100 hp or less, a straight Knock Out), both for 3 Psychic Energy. I will say that, at first, I was a bit worried about having to attach 3 Psychic Energy to use this, but then I realized that there are a couple things that make this card worthwhile.

1. We still have Exp. Share in the format.
2. This thing has 210 HP for a freakin' Stage 1.
3. It's much harder getting rid of Basic Energy than Special Energy.

I think this may actually see play on the competitive end, but we'll see. After all, with so many new ideas and things that have come out that look so dang good, who knows? Still, I wouldn't mind playing this as a Rogue Deck if it doesn't become Meta.

I love how this is all shaping up. Sun and Moon is looking REALLY good!

-Asmer

I don't see this being very dangerous with that high of an energy cost, especially considering anything with over 200 HP (which is almost everything right now) will take two turns to kill, and even then with an evolution heavy meta (possibly) coming it won't kill in two turns anyways.

That's amazing! Especially in Expanded with Dragalge (FLF) and Virbank. Also, if your opponent has between 110-200 HP they'll die on YOUR turn

Toxapex/Garbodor in expanded with virbank and max elixirs, KOing megas and FFB ex's and even GX's going back into ur turn this card is way too broken.

I think Max Elixir will play a large part of this being one of those decks that if you go first and your opponent has a slim start, you could easily get it up in time to make headway.

Toxapex GX with virbank kills anything except for wailord ex with FFB going into ur turn.

What are you having out as a body to take on your opponents Pokemon, as you set this up?
Don't blindly play the card out in your head, think about what your opponent has to answer it.

The much more viable TaurosGX, solos this card. Easily.
OHKOs Mareanie with a DCE attachment.
OHKOs ToxipexGX with Mad Bull, still just one DCE... forcing you to set up again.

So if you can't have Toxipex up front, what are you running with it as the body?
Hopefully it's not something you have to set up... or else your Toxipex is going to take even longer to be effective.

Do not forget, there are ways to remove Poison, and ways to prevent Poison; thus doing no damage at all.

Best case scenarios are not how TCGs work. It's about consistency.

What are you having out as a body to take on your opponents Pokemon, as you set this up?
Don't blindly play the card out in your head, think about what your opponent has to answer it.

OHKOs ToxipexGX with Mad Bull, still just one DCE... forcing you to set up again.

So if you can't have Toxipex up front, what are you running with it as the body?
Hopefully it's not something you have to set up... or else your Toxipex is going to take even longer to be effective.

Do not forget, there are ways to remove Poison, and ways to prevent Poison; thus doing no damage at all.

The Issue with that example is you assume the opposing player sets up Toxapex-GX that way, when it can get rather complex real quickly in practice:

-The player can easily just place an alternate attacker like Hoopa or their own Tauros-GX to develop a benched Mareanie, as well as add an Assault Vest for more protection.
-The Player can use Wally to get it up and running turn one.
-The player, if faced against Tauros-GX as the active pokemon, can easily use this card's own Z-Move to prevent damage done to it.

Of course, I wouldn't exactly try a 1-Turn setup just for the Poisoning attack either - I would rather do careful development at the start, and deal some preliminary damage with the first attack. Max Potion and other healing could work well here, while averaging 60 damage each turn with spike cannon.

Either way, I won't count off its viability just yet - It just needs testing first.

Ok this is a good pokemon if the opponent cannot manage to servive from posion (from pokemon with 100+ HP) 100-200Hp can K.O on your turn(I mean cards like Hoopa Ex) after laysander and with pokemon 200+ pokemon at least you can servive the pokemon by retreat it.

In fact Flote stone escape rope free retreat pokemon, Olympia or maybe higher Evolve pokemon, Pokemon Center lady Switch, posible zoroark, can stop the attack. and finally you cannot hit by weakness or resistance from this attack

And in fact Tauros Gx cannot Sevrive at ALL. he can kill him with the Gx Attack ones, but at least the poison count and is a Trade 2 price from 2 price

Last edited:

I'm not trying to build a damn perfect list I was just informing you people of this cards potential power. I could care less if tauros GX one shots Mareanie and toxapex because it won't be played.

Back