News 'Sun and Moon Strengthening Expansion Pack'

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Whoa, first. Lurantis is legit. The GX and this and like...whatever Grass you want. This is insane. I'm very excited to bust out my old green Shaymin sleeves again and color coordinate the heck out of this.

EDIT: Clearly second. This sucks. Well, like third because of WPM right before me but...ah. Rip.

Yog

Rogue
That Stadium could be quite a big deal too. Lurantis is clearly pick of the bunch though.

Wockomtosh

Aspiring Trainer
After the others this oricorio is a little disappointing, it's just professors letter, but on your bench. I guess it can be searched with nest ball and level ball, but still.

Vivek

Evil Yveltal
Man, Grass Types will be a force to recon with.

100,000 Horsepower. LOL never expected this from Pokemon Company.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
We got Crushing Hammer and Enhanced Hammer reprinted, gross. Grass gets a buff but I'm not sure why Fire types get the buff as well. Maybe I don't understand something about that Pokemon and as always, small birds are always welcomed. Love the Ability to search for two basic Energy cards.

Senorsmith

Aspiring Trainer
We got Crushing Hammer and Enhanced Hammer reprinted, gross. Grass gets a buff but I'm not sure why Fire types get the buff as well. Maybe I don't understand something about that Pokemon and as always, small birds are always welcomed. Love the Ability to search for two basic Energy cards.
Fire type attacks get buffed because its sunny day right? Makes sense to me, actually the fact grass gets an attack boost from it sounds odd to me. If anything they should get healing or some other sort of effect(photosynthesis). Awesome card anyway, want to make a lurantis deck even more now!

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
lurantis and altar of the moon are the big cards here.

lurantis + lurantis GX + other grass is gonna be good, but since lurantis helps fire too it could be an alternative to volcanion ex could be used to make the growlithe volcanion ex deck more consistent hind kick for 10 + 10(for fighting fury belt) + 20 per lurantis (80) = 100 for 1 colorless and run to the bench while we put up safeguard carbink or other damage sponge.

altar of the moon pretty self explanatory reduced retreat is always good, though slightly unreliable with the usual stadium wars in the meta.

Asmer

Keep the High Tide on the Flipside
I'm honestly disappointed in how many of you are writing off Oricorio so quickly. You literally grab 2 Basic Energy for free, which is a huge deal for decks like Volcanion. Also, 90 HP makes it a Level Ball Target, which is also noteworthy.

I obviously like Lunartis a lot as well, but the lack of enthusiasm for Oricorio is saddening.

-Asmer

Ghidreigon

Aspiring Trainer
After the others this oricorio is a little disappointing, it's just professors letter, but on your bench. I guess it can be searched with nest ball and level ball, but still.
nest ball won't trigger it's ability, because you're putting it from your deck to bench not hand to bench.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
MY SUPER EVALUATIONS!
  • "Basic" Lurantis - So awesome! The ability will help Volc, Incineroar, Yanmega, Lurantis himself, name a few.
  • Mudbray/Mudsdale - Normal. That's it. Trivia: 100,000 Horsepower is High Horsepower in the Pokemon Games. Snorlax, Mudsdale, and Golurk learn that move.
  • Psychic Oricorio - Good for Volcanion decks and Greninja BREAK, Period.
  • Rockruff - since the original one was confirmed as a checklane promo, along with Pikipek from Lycanroc Deck. Can we see this card in English soon, along with Turtonator?
  • Enhanced Hammer - still alive in Standard. Maybe SM2 will release because SM3 was the rotation set mark.
  • Energy Recycler - Same on this one. Still alive in standard. (The original one was from Ancient Origins)
  • Altar of the Moone - Good for Yveltal and Mewtwo, the decks who had Garbage in their deck list.

normanc

Aspiring Trainer
I'm honestly disappointed in how many of you are writing off Oricorio so quickly. You literally grab 2 Basic Energy for free, which is a huge deal for decks like Volcanion. Also, 90 HP makes it a Level Ball Target, which is also noteworthy.

I obviously like Lunartis a lot as well, but the lack of enthusiasm for Oricorio is saddening.

-Asmer

Why wouldn't you just play Professor's Letter? No one even plays that.

swapforce1

Shaymin lover
The Oricio is broken. There is a reason why Hoopa was an EX and only searched out EX pokemon. And with Lurantis Grass toolbox confirmed

EDIT : i thought it said basic POKEMON

Nyora

A Cat
As many have said, Lurantis looks good. But it gives you such a TERRIBLE weakness to fire decks that it makes it unplayable as you auto-loss vs any deck with a fire attacker.

normanc

Aspiring Trainer
As many have said, Lurantis looks good. But it gives you such a TERRIBLE weakness to fire decks that it makes it unplayable as you auto-loss vs any deck with a fire attacker.

Why? It only affects your Pokémon's attacks, not your opponent's.

Yog

Rogue
Why wouldn't you just play Professor's Letter? No one even plays that.

Rather than having two level balls and a letter, you can now have three level balls, all of which double-purpose as a letter via this ability. You just added three extra cards to your sixty card deck (kinda).