News 'Sun and Moon Strengthening Expansion Pack'

I can really see the potential in that! Situations where you have Rare Candy and a Switch card (be it an item or Pokemon ability) can really make it shine. I've run Pokemon successfully like this in the past. Calling it "trash" right off the bat without using it is a disservice to the card. Not everything has to be meta (or EX level good).

If the Pokémon on the SM1+ booster pack, that haven't had GX-cards, are the one's that are getting new one's, which I'm rather confident thinking they are considering Drampa, Sylveon and Vikavolt have gotten GX-cards, I think we'll probably get a Toxapex-GX too, which I definitely wouldn't mind seeing!

DRAMPA IS NEW SHAYMIN

If only GX was an ability rather than a move that would end your turn. You'll waste your GX move when your opponent would immediate N you back down. Has potential to be used once Shaymin and N rotate though... in... 2 years?

Drampa is legit.

Turn 2 150 is super easy to get and can OHKO non-EX/GX. Slap a Choice Band on and you're hitting 180, which knocks out all basic EX/GX.

I was going to say that Solgaleo looks okay-ish. Then I remembered it's a stage 2, so nevermind. I think it's decent enough to consider teching in if you're playing a Cosmog line anyways, but probably not worth actually putting in.

When I saw "draw 10 cards" my eyes about popped out of my head. Since TPCi is reprinting all of Roaring Skies, Shaymin will continue to be legal, thus making Drampa's GX attack a little useless. Also, since it's an attack and ends your turn, you really open yourself up to a well timed N. The first attack is reminiscent of Jirachi but Jirachi has the edge since it becomes invulnerable.

Palossand (which I will now and forever refer to as Pounding Sand) has some interesting attacks though. It might be useful to really irritate your opponent especially if you've got a choice band on it plus strong energy.

Since TPCi is reprinting all of Roaring Skies, Shaymin will continue to be legal</snip>

Small point here, this is a reprint run of the entire RS set and not a fresh new set. All cards will still belong to the RS expansion. Meaning Shaymin will still rotate out of standard at the same time as it was always planned to. So it's not like they've added on to it's lifespan by printing more of the same card.

Small point here, this is a reprint run of the entire RS set and not a fresh new set. All cards will still belong to the RS expansion. Meaning Shaymin will still rotate out of standard at the same time as it was always planned to. So it's not like they've added on to it's lifespan by printing more of the same card.
That is a very interesting distinction. Thanks for the clarification! In that case then, this is quite possibly the new Shaymin. Slower, but it'll work. However, it will still have to compete with Octillery.

That is a very interesting distinction. Thanks for the clarification! In that case then, this is quite possibly the new Shaymin. Slower, but it'll work. However, it will still have to compete with Octillery.

Not necessarily, they usually rotate 4 sets which would be Primal Clash, Roaring Skies, Ancient Origins and BREAKthrough (with Octillery in it). However, personally I think it would be odd if they rotated BREAKthrough and left in BREAKpoint so in my opinion Ancient Origins-on or Fates Collide-on makes just as much sense.

Now this is a GX attacker!
The first move ain't bad either.

The GX attack is just not good enough.
But you can do second attack, next turn attach and then first attack

Last edited by a moderator:
Drampa will definately help in what seems like a slower format coming up with sun and moon. It really won't be too much for now.

Not necessarily, they usually rotate 4 sets which would be Primal Clash, Roaring Skies, Ancient Origins and BREAKthrough (with Octillery in it). However, personally I think it would be odd if they rotated BREAKthrough and left in BREAKpoint so in my opinion Ancient Origins-on or Fates Collide-on makes just as much sense.
Or they could decide to keep in RS, due to the extra print run it's up to TPCI :/

180 hp, energy disrupter, mediocre 150 hp (180 with choice specs). This is a very solid card.

If N gets kicked out of standard, I can see him getting some staple use for his GX attack. Can change an entire game.

At first, I was skeptical about Drampa's GX attack. It's not the greatest considering we have things like N and Red Card in the Format. However, what it does do is force your opponent to play N when you use it. That may seem like a small niche on paper, but think about the plenty of situations one would rather Sycamore, Lysandre something, or even heal with Pokemon Center Lady instead. Now, N is a MUST play or your opponent will have 11 cards on their turn, which typically means you're in a very, very bad position. I like cards like this because it forces your opponent to react instead of you reacting to your situation.

Now, what interested me most is its Second Attack. The first attack is simply Golduck's Derail from BKP. 20 Damage, discard Special Energy, but on a 180HP GX body. I like it. Its second attack is something I feel people are underestimating quite a bit. First, especially if you pair this with Tauros-GX, obtaining a Damage Counter on something is very, very easy. Worst case, run Rainbow Energy if you are extremely paranoid. Second, and this is what I feel people are missing, Drampa-GX is a Colorless Pokemon with Colorless energy requirements as well as a Basic. Max Elixir and Double Colorless Energy make it extremely easy to quickly set up his attack. We also have Fighting Fury Belt to make him more tanky and while 160 damage isn't exactly OHKO range, considering all the other Colorless attackers we can run with it (and Winona, by the way), I highly doubt that will be an issue.

Overall, I feel like this is another great card to an already growing trend of really solid Colorless Pokemon. With Rayquaza SM1, Shaymin/Oranguru, Tauros-GX and now this, I can only wait to see what people bring to the table in Anaheim.

-Asmer

This Drama is really cool! Im still wondering what decks this would be able to improve, either way im going to see how many I can get just in caseo_O

This will be pretty good for Expanded when you are playing a mirror of a NM/Vespiquen and can't afford to use Karen.

Last edited by a moderator:
MY EVALUATIONS:
  • Solgaleo - Forget it!
  • Drampa-GX - I love this card so much. the first attack is a nerfed Coballion-EX's attack but only 10 damage, not bad. Players will waste their Special Charge for that. Berserk needs ton of setup: Secret Base, if the standard format rotates, Rainbow Energy. GX Move? An emergency Shaymin but N distracts your hand. What do you think?

Back