News 'Sun and Moon Strengthening Expansion Pack'

Sadly this is incorrect, as the japanese states that the effect applies to the pokemon that was "hit" by this attack. So switching it out does negate the effect
No it just says 'Active Pokemon' not 'hit' or 'defending Pokemon' therefore he is right

A interesting thing about Doom News is that it doesn't say the opponent's current active Pokemon. Does that mean it just knocks out whatever Pokemon is in your opponent's active position by the end of his next turn? An example is that he has Pokemon 1 as his active when you use Doom News and before the end of his next turn he switches Pokemon 1 for Pokemon 2, does Pokemon 2 get knocked out or does the attack just immediately fail because your opponent switched?
When has an attack ever used the phrase "current active Pokémon"? I don't think ink it ever has. The "current" has always been implied.

Ohoho. Perhaps a good replacement for ROS Xatu...
It can't replace a card if nobody uses that card in the first place.

No it just says 'Active Pokemon' not 'hit' or 'defending Pokemon' therefore he is right
Um... he's talking about the Japanese text, not pokebeach's translation. Therefore, you're wrong.

When has an attack ever used the phrase "current active Pokémon"? I don't think ink it ever has as has. The "current" has always been implied.
No, a card worded like this implies the Pokemon in the active position when the effect activates, or else it would've said 'defending' not 'active'

Look dude. The Japanese *on the card* says このワザを受けたポケモンはきぜつする。(Kono waza o uketa Pokemon wa ki zetsu suru.) which literally means "The Pokémon that received this work faints.", the work being absol's attack. Case closed.

Look dude. The Japanese *on the card* says このワザを受けたポケモンはきぜつする。(Kono waza o uketa Pokemon wa ki zetsu suru.) which literally means "The Pokémon that received this work faints.", the work being absol's attack. Case closed.
you are correct... I don't know Japanese so I was going off of WPM's translation

Sorry if i came off as rude just now by the way. As for the playability of the card itself, since dragalge is the only way to stop retreating (I think) it's only in expanded, and expanded has keldeo ex, I don't think absol can be playable right now. :( It's a shame.

Sorry if i came off as rude just now by the way. As for the playability of the card itself, since dragalge is the only way to stop retreating (I think) it's only in expanded, and expanded has keldeo ex, I don't think absol can be playable right now. :( It's a shame.
Laser/Dragalge :/ or Aqua's Base or Aqua's Muk, or A-Dugtrio

Looks like a good card, but you would need to find a way of stopping their Pokémon from retreating. It'd be worthless on anything with a free retreat or Float Stone, and more so if your opponent has a Zoroark with Stand In on the bench.

Future Sight, on the other hand, is useful in most any situation.

Artwork looks a little like the non GX tbh.
Also, that GX attack is awful. Either decrease the energy cost or up the damage and it'll be slightly better.

Braviary's right. Otherwise this might be a staple for my deck when it comes out in english (PTCGO).

I just thought about possible implications of using a GX evolution Pokémon to do whatever task needs to be done (powering up the bench, setting something up, just using the GX attack, etc.), and de-evolution spraying them, and replacing them with a non-GX evolution (on your next turn), to avoid the two-prize payout. I guess Ninja Boy has sort of been doing this for basics for a while now.

Ironic. Absol=Disaster Pokemon. The disaster here-1. You'll be able to maybe OHKO any Pokemon your opponent has if that Pokemon has been locked in the active spot. 2. You need to find a way to lock them FIRST before you go for it. My thoughts? Firstly, it's probably a 1/2 staple for my Wishmaker deck (PTCGO) but it's like my RSK Jirachi, which more that likely doesn't come into effect that much (thank GOD this almost RSK Jirachi-like card has increased health- I've gotta say my Jirachi SUCKS. (60 HP. 60 HP!! WHY?!) Plus, I also think that hammers+toxapek+TASB (Team Aqua's Secret Base) will work out good for me also. Plus, the Future sight will work out for me- I've faced players who get everything they need for probably an OP attack (killing my starting Pokemon if they're weak) while I get trash like this- I have a Dragonite-EX (the Evolutions one, DUH) on my active spot with a DCE on him, with another one on me. Next turn, my opponent slams down an Enhanced Hammer on my Dragonite. During my other turn I get ONE more DCE, but next and last one to come was probably at the bottom of my deck, leaving me empty-handed of DCES. I attach that DCE, use Hyper Beam, and- now, this is why I need Future Sight. My opponent played a Misty's Determination on his last turn, and he had a sort of a Wailord-EX/Yveltal-EX deck, and he had a Wailord on his Active. He got a Fighting Fury Belt (which I didn't notice, lol) and attached to Wailord. That Wailord had 130 DMG on him, and I thought I would defeat him, but ZING! There comes my chance. I had 60 DMG on me, and Wailord was close to his High Breaching attack. Dragonite was my only Pokemon, so I was locked in there. I wanted to do something about his other Water Energy he had in his hand, but my last turn I used my last N. He got lucky with that Water Energy plus 2 Enhanced Hammers and used that Energy to KO me. Then it was over. It was in a first-round 24-ticket tournament. Yeah. If you paid attentioned here, I'll say it again-my opponent was lucky, I was not in deck talk. So, for the metagame, here's my plan: (if I get an Absol hand)

1. Put Absol as the Active Pokemon
2. If I'm lucky with a Dark Energy on my hand, attach it to Absol and inflict my opponent's deck first
3. Next turn, retreat if I have a good Pokemon (Backup-find another Energy with Energy Retrieval after I use my Battle Compressor and attach to Absol, use Doom News once and protect with Fighting Fury Belt and Potions until I draw an EX, Energy-save that Ex, retreat Absol)
4. Prizes Galore!

So yeah, my thoughts on this card! (I'll probably be into leagues by the time I use this card.)
And Happy New Year's Day, people!

Back