• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard SUM-on Mewtwo-GX Deck

jocharbonneau

jo.charb
Hey guys, I already posted my Mewtwo-GX deck before but I'm trying to make it better. If you can please give me some advices. I'm not looking to change the gameplay, but to improve it.

Pokémon(15)
4 Mewtwo-GX 72/73 (main attacker)
2 Lunala-GX 141/149 (move energies)
1 Cosmoem 65/149
2 Cosmog 64/149
1 Shining Mew 40/73
1 Lunala Prism 62/156 (even if I can use my Malamar's ability, its second attack can be useful)
1 Malamar 51/131 (for its ability)
1 Inkay 50/131
1 Oranguru 113/149 (for its ability)
1 Tapu Lele-GX 60/145 (because its Lele...)

Trainer Cards(30)
4 Cynthia
3 Judge
2 Lillie
2 Guzma
1 Pokemon Fan Club
1 Gladion (in case my Malamar is prized)
4 Mysterious Treasure
2 Ultra Ball
3 Choice Band
2 Max Potion (to use with Lunala-GX's ability)
2 Field Blower
2 Rare Candy
3 Altar of the Moone

Energy(14)
10 Psychic energy
4 DCE

I have some cards in stand-by...
+1 Inkay
+1 Malamar
+1 Ultra Ball
+1 Max Potion
+1 Rescue Stretcher
+1 Lady

Thanks a lot!!!

-1-1 Malamar
-1 Gladion
-1 Pokémon Fan Club
-2 Ultra Ball
-1 Altar of the Moone

+1 Marshadow GX
+1 Cosmog
+1 Guzma
+2 Nest Ball
+1 Rare Candy
+1 Rescue Stretcher

--------

Shining Mew and Lunala * are your energy management engine. Malamar doesn't fit your overall strategy, since you only need to access energy in your discard pile at specific times. Being a stage 1 adds up some extra clunkiness.

Gladion and PFC are just meh. You should be using your supporter for drawing. And since almost your entire deck is (P), Ultra Ball loses out to Mysterious Treasure. I understand if you don't want to drop them, though.

Marshadow acts as a Zoroark countermeasure, since Mewtwo has a hard time KO'ing one after using its GX attack. And another Cosmog is necessary for Lunala GX consistency (as is a 3rd Candy).

Guzma is Guzma. You should have 3. Nest Ball helps with consistency and the rest is just spice.

-1-1 Malamar
-1 Gladion
-1 Pokémon Fan Club
-2 Ultra Ball
-1 Altar of the Moone

+1 Marshadow GX
+1 Cosmog
+1 Guzma
+2 Nest Ball
+1 Rare Candy
+1 Rescue Stretcher

--------

Shining Mew and Lunala * are your energy management engine. Malamar doesn't fit your overall strategy, since you only need to access energy in your discard pile at specific times. Being a stage 1 adds up some extra clunkiness.

Gladion and PFC are just meh. You should be using your supporter for drawing. And since almost your entire deck is (P), Ultra Ball loses out to Mysterious Treasure. I understand if you don't want to drop them, though.

Marshadow acts as a Zoroark countermeasure, since Mewtwo has a hard time KO'ing one after using its GX attack. And another Cosmog is necessary for Lunala GX consistency (as is a 3rd Candy).

Guzma is Guzma. You should have 3. Nest Ball helps with consistency and the rest is just spice.
Hey! Thanks for your advices. I actually made these changes except that i kept an Altar of the moone. Also, i dont own Marshadow-GX and a 3rd Guzma so i added a Max Potion. Anyway, my friend i play against run a Volcanion-EX deck, a Mega-Glalie-EX deck and a Sylveon-GX deck. Maybe ill put in online though...
Any advice to be sure to win against these decks?

Back