• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format (SUM-LTH) Back in Pink (A. Ninetales GX)

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
Lost Thunder is an incredibly massive set. There is no denying that it may be difficult to get a specific pull that you want. Lucky for us, though, most of these GX cards are fairly playable. One such example is the Fairy type Alolan Ninetales GX. This is my list that uses a similar concept to a spread damage based deck with late game sweeping cards.

Pokemon (14):
  • A. Vulpix GUR (4)
  • A. Ninetales GX GUR (1)
  • A. Ninetales GX LTH (3)
Alolan Ninetales-GX – Fairy – HP200
Stage 1 – Evolves from Alolan Vulpix

Ability: Mysterious Guidance
When you play this card from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokemon during your turn, you may search your deck for up to 2 Item cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

[Y][C] Snowy Wind: 70 damage. This attack does 30 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

[Y][C] Sublimation GX: If your opponent’s Active Pokemon is an Ultra Beast, it is Knocked Out. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)
Retreat: 2
  • A. Ninetales BUS (1)
  • Mimikyu GX (2)
Mimikyu-GX – Fairy – HP170
Basic Pokemon

[Y] Perplex: Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Confused.

[Y][C] Cascading Barrage: 10+ damage. This attack does 30 more damage for each damage counter on your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

[Y] Dream Fear GX: Shuffle 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon and all cards attached to it into their deck. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: none
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
  • Tapu Lele GX (2)
  • Ditto Prism Star (1)
Ditto Prism Star – Colorless – HP40
Basic Pokemon

You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

Ability: Evolve Into Anything
During your turn, you may play a Stage 1 Evolution card from your hand onto this Pokemon to evolve it (excluding your first turn and the turn this Pokemon comes into play).

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
  • Tapu Lele UPR (2)
Trainers (32):
  • Cynthia (4)
  • Mina (4)
Mina – Trainer
Supporter

Search your deck for a [Y] Energy and attach it to 1 of your Pokemon. Then, shuffle your deck.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).
  • Guzma (3)
  • Ultra Ball (4)
  • Choice Band (3)
  • Pal Pad (2)
  • Energy Recycle System (2)
  • Rescue Stretcher (2)
  • Field Blower (2)
  • Acro Bike (4)
  • Nest Ball (4)
Energy (14):
  • Fairy (14)
Like I said, this deck is primarily based on spreading damage. Using the Fairy Ninetales GX, I plan to swing for 100 to the active and 30 to a bench. Then, after a couple of swings from it, if the new active is not knocked out, I can use either Tapu Lele to spread those damage counters to the rest of my opponent's pokemon, or come in with a Mimikyu to deal massive amounts of damage to pre-injured pokemon (think the benched 'mon that got the 30 from Ninetales). Any Ninetales that are water type have their own utility as well. The Water GX can snipe 50, which is decent spread as it is, or the GX attack can take a big knockout/recover it by moving all of the damage on it to the opposing active, turning the advantage in terms of board state in your favor to a much greater degree. The non-GX Ninetales is included as a temporary wall to throw in the active in order t0 stall for time when I can't instantly charge up a Mimikyu or Ninetales GX with a combo of manual attachment and Mina. Ditto Prism Star is there to essentially act like a fifth Vulpix, which I can direct a Ninetales onto it instead of the Vulpix I have for general pokemon search.

As Far as trainers go, I have a large focus on using Mina and attaching energy every turn. With one in hand, that I dig for with the play-set of Acro Bike, I can fully power up anything in my deck in a single turn, a utility that can be very useful. Between the four Beacon Vulpix, 4 Ultra Ball, and 4 Nest Ball I can conceivably get 2 Ninetales out, at least, by T2 going second. Then, with the Lele for Mina, I can get one fully set up and swinging by the same time frame. Pal Pad, Recycle System, and Rescue Stretcher are there to bring back pokemon, energy, or Minas/Cynthias that get milled by Acro Bike and Choice Band is fairly obvious.

This is a rough list, but I think it might work. I could also potentially throw in a Lugia GX, but I may want to do that in a more Sylveon-based deck, or at least one that runs DCE.

Back