Suggest a Pokemon who deserves an EX or better reprint

Exeggutor-EX - Grass/Psychic - 170HP
Basic

Ability - Harvest - Once per turn, before you attack, you may search your discard pile for a Pokemon tool and attach it to this Pokemon.

[P] Psywave - 20x
This attack does 20 times the number of [P] energy attached to all your Pokemon

[G] [G] [C] Giant Eggsplosion - 60x
Flip a coin for each energy attached to this Pokemon. This attack does 60 times the number of heads.

Weakness: [R]x2 | [P]x2
Resistance: [F]-20 | [W]-20
Retreat: [C] [C] [C]

Some questions:

Is this becoming a Create-A-Card thread?

If it is, are we trying to keep it a plausible CaC thread or not? A lot of these entries deviate from current templates. Nothing too radical like a totally new effect, but Ancient Traits and Abilities seem to only show up in certain places. I know we've had a three attack Pokémon recently... are we starting to see two attack Pokémon with Abilities as well? Mega Evolutions with more than an Ancient Trait and attack (and even that is recent and so kind of rare)?

It would be nice to get a Snorlax EX. Imagine a better version of the 81/111 Snorlax from Rising Rivals. An ability to prevent retreat, an attack that works even when you're asleep, and about 250 HP, or they could do an ability like the old PokePower Tasting on Snorlax Lv.X.

It would be nice to get a Snorlax EX. Imagine a better version of the 81/111 Snorlax from Rising Rivals. An ability to prevent retreat, an attack that works even when you're asleep, and about 250 HP, or they could do an ability like the old PokePower Tasting on Snorlax Lv.X.

For me the iconic Snorlax needs to have a TCG equivalent of at least one of:

• Rest
  • Hyper Beam
  • Toxic
  • Curse
I agree on the HP though: though not the highest HP score in the game, Snorlax is up there plus it has good Defense and Special Defense. To give you an idea, the base HP stat is 160 while both the base Defense and Special Defense stats are 110. Wailord's numbers are 170, 45 and 45. Yes, I assume since there isn't a universal TCG mechanic equivalent to the Defense/Special Defense scores plus the range for HP is so much narrower (both units of 10 and a printed cap so far of 250) that one should use all three to get an idea of an equivalent TCG score.

i play a dark deck and my favorite pokemon is zoroark so naturally i feel that a zoroark EX would b beyond amazing ^u^

I really want to see Arceus ex that utilizes something like this:

Arceus-EX - Colorless - HP180
Basic Pokemon

Θ Stop: Prevent all effects of your opponent’s Pokemon’s Abilities done to this Pokemon.

Ability: Multitype
When you attach a basic enegy card to this Pokemon, this Pokemon’s type becomes the same type as the energy provides. If this pokemon already has an energy attatched, ignore this ability.

[C][C][C] Judgment - 100
Discard an energy attached to this Pokemon. This attack does 10 damage to all Benched Pokemon. (Do not include Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon).

Weakness: Fighting x2
Resistance: None
Retreat: 2

Of course, this card could OHKO anything with muscle band and the right weakness. The great fall back is that you would need to run a basic energy of the type you want to counter (which admittedly is hardly a fall back) But i dont necessarily want that exact card, just a good Arceus-EX that utilizes the multitype ability.

The Uri Geller incident was in 2000 Uri Geller ( a psychic who bends spoons) sued Nintendo over Kadabra being based on him. We haven't had a kadabra card since Skyridge in 2003 and it hasn't appeared in the anime since 2005. Whether this applies for Alakazam I don't know. I guess we could get an EX as then there would be no Kadabra but I think they are rather cautious on the matter.

The Uri Geller incident was in 2000 Uri Geller ( a psychic who bends spoons) sued Nintendo over Kadabra being based on him. We haven't had a kadabra card since Skyridge in 2003 and it hasn't appeared in the anime since 2005. Whether this applies for Alakazam I don't know. I guess we could get an EX as then there would be no Kadabra but I think they are rather cautious on the matter.

IIRC it does not. We had an Alakazam after that incident, and an Abra with an attack that evolves it directly into Alakazam, but no Kadabra.

Meloetta EX, Mainly because I know that she's gonna be rotated soon and because the Radiant Collection version is only good in a deck like Rallying Cry in the Online Game (read: a deck focused on Round) and there she only there to support the Exploud.

Plus Her Piroette Forme didn't get an EX

In fact I think I'll do a mock up later

On a Non-Legendary bent, Give Azumariil and Mawhile an EX already!

A Mawile EX is inevitable, after all it mega evolves.

I wouldn't mind an Azumarill EX, don't know what type I would prefer though.

In fact, let's back up a second here. Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres EX were plasma Pokémon. I would much prefer an EX release of Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres that aren't plasma Pokémon especially in light of the fact that Lugia is now getting a non plasma EX.
Let's back up a little more and add that the art shouldn't be as fugtastic as the Plasma versions were... Which is baffling, because a lot of the art from the Plasma sets were actually nice.

Luxray EX 170 HP Lightning

[L] [C] - Thunder Fang 50
[L] [L] [C] - Wild Charge 110
This Pokemon does 30 damage to itself.

Weakness: [F] Resistance:

Mega Luxray EX 220 HP Lightning

[L] [L] [C] - Discharge 150
Discard 2 energy attached to this Pokemon.
This attack does 60 damage to one of your opponent's
Benched Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness and
Resistance for Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: [F] Resistance:

I think a quagsire with either water or fighting type that has an equivalent to the unaware ability in the games.
something like... Unaware- Ignore all effects and damage done to Quagsire EX except for base attack damage.

Yeah, I so agree that we need a Suicune EX. It's gotten robbed since Entei and Raikou got EX's.

I still cast a vote for Sylveon EX.

Kind of think Regirock and Regice should have an EX. Registeel and Regigigas got one.

A water Palkia EX and a non therian Landorus EX.

Moltres and Zapdos also should get EX's, after all Articuno did.
Well, moltres and zapdos do have ex's but they don't have full arts, articuno is the only bird who got a full art.

Yeah, I so agree that we need a Suicune EX. It's gotten robbed since Entei and Raikou got EX's.

I still cast a vote for Sylveon EX.

Kind of think Regirock and Regice should have an EX. Registeel and Regigigas got one.

A water Palkia EX and a non therian Landorus EX.

Moltres and Zapdos also should get EX's, after all Articuno did.
Moltres and Zapdos bolth got EX's in Plasma Storm They just didn't get fullarts

Guys, please remember that this is just a thread for suggesting Pokemon that deserve either an EX or a better card. If you want to come up with card ideas, please go to Create-A-Card.

Shuckle and Dunsparce both deserve an EX for being the best non-evolving pokemon ever.

Was looking through the past interactions between Solrock and Lunatone cards today, and thought it'd be cool to get Solrock EX and Lunatone EX with some sort of ability that benefits one if the other is in play, and vice versa.

Something like in EX Sandstorm, where Solrock (w/ Solar Eclipse) became Fighting/Fire dual-type with Lunatone in play, and Lunatone (w/ Lunar Eclipse) became Psychic/Dark dual-type with Solrock in play.

I'd like to see more dual type Pokemon get their 'other' type showcased.

A psychic Victreebel-EX would be gorgeous.

Back