Sudowoodo, the Fake Tree Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Shuckle

Aspiring Trainer
sudowoodoshinyhx5.jpg

A new card by me! Please rate it and tell me what you think.

I had problems wording the first attack.

Good god, what a menace. Wording is rather simple. For the first move:

"Put 10 damage counters on your opponent's Benched Pokémon in any way you like."

If an attack has attack text, and the first sentence describes the conditions for inflicting damage, you don't start the sentence with the words "This attack". Also, when referring to your Bench, "Bench" is always capitalized. So, for the second attack:

"Does 50 damage times the number of Bonsly you have on your Bench."

Simple, no? The third attack is fine. Can't really screw that up...

With that being said, the first attack is horribly broken. The second attack is almost as broken, but not really since once Sudowoodo * δ dies, you're left with a Bench full of Bonsly. Still, three Energy is all you need to put on him; either do 200 to their Active (with no drawback) or 20 to the Active and an extra 10 however you want.

Accumulative Hit is kinda pointless. Having two Bonsly on your Bench eliminates the need for the extra two Energy just to draw 5 cards.

Awesome artwork though. It's so nice to see fakes that actually look real... excellent work overall.

RE:  Sudowoodo, the Fake Tree Pokemon

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
Good god, what a menace. Wording is rather simple. For the first move:

"Put 10 damage counters on your opponent's Benched Pokémon in any way you like."

Actually, I think you're wrong there... The attack says to SPLIT the 10 damage counters between the opponent's benched Pokémon, not to put then on them in any way you like. It's like... if your opponent has two benched Pokémon, put 5 damage counters on each. If your opponent has 5 benched Pokémon, put 2 damage counters on each. If your opponent has 1 benched Pokémon, put 10 damage counters on it. Quite simple, actually. Although it's quite hard to figure out what happens if there are damage counters left after splitting them, an example is if your opponent has 4 benched Pokémon. Then you put 2 on each, and two damage counters are left... What to do with them?!?

Anyway, great card, kinda broken, but cool anyways. The artwork is great too.

RE:   Sudowoodo, the Fake Tree Pokemon

FireMeowth said:
Actually, I think you're wrong there... The attack says to SPLIT the 10 damage counters between the opponent's benched Pokémon, not to put then on them in any way you like. It's like... if your opponent has two benched Pokémon, put 5 damage counters on each. If your opponent has 5 benched Pokémon, put 2 damage counters on each. If your opponent has 1 benched Pokémon, put 10 damage counters on it. Quite simple, actually. Although it's quite hard to figure out what happens if there are damage counters left after splitting them, an example is if your opponent has 4 benched Pokémon. Then you put 2 on each, and two damage counters are left... What to do with them?!?

Take ten damage counters and divide them up between their Benched guys... it's not a hard concept to figure out.

Just because it says "split" does not mean "split evenly." You showed yourself that that won't always happen.

It's also possible he was just plain wrong in his wording. :)

bad wording and broken, but the card itself looks great, good job
and the sudowoodo drawing looks great

Lol, the card (only the card) design seems fine. And 200 to an Active for 3 energies? Nice, huh? And OMG, a total of 120 for only 2 energies!! Please, remove that effect on the first attack...

King Shuckle said:
sudowoodoshinyhx5.jpg

A new card by me! Please rate it and tell me what you think.

I had problems wording the first attack.

Well, really crazy card. 5 Energies, solid 80 and 5 Cards to draw? Man, that's sick. Picture looks quite funny. Better change that, and keep some parts of the Picture in the box. First attack also broken. Baby Bomber is mad. Imagine Bonsly, evolve to Soodowoodo, and then drop a Boost, INSTANT 150 damage. Take the second attack out of the card. 2 Attacks are enough for A * Pokemon.

Indeed. All Shiny Pokemon are basic and stick out from the picture box. (Well part of it, I don't know how to do it in parts on Photoshop).

And for the first attack, lets say you have 4 Pokemon on the bench. 5 on one, 2 on two of them, and the last counter on the 4th Pokemon. Most of my Shiny Pokemon are insanely broken, and my wording is bad since I haven't played the game in ages. X.x

Choose the next card!
Sabrina's Grumpig or Light Cradily

Light Cradily +1

If you're in doubt about wording, you can send me a PM - I'd be glad to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back