Ruling Sudowoodo Ruling

cookie1117

Aspiring Trainer
so I played against this really interesting card the other day. sudowoodo from breakpoint.

his health is rubbish but his attack is very interesting.

"if your opponents pokemon used an attack during his or her last turn use it as this attack"

I was trialing a mega houndoom deck, none the wiser using inferno fang for 160. then this Billy big balks comes out into the active and smashes me back for the same damage??

so my question is... is the "attack" equal to the damage given??

eg if raquaza hits you for 240 and then sudowoodo goes into active. he does the same?

VLpZKhd.jpg
tbpHmeq.jpg

Moved from the Competitive to the Ask a Professor forums as the OP is asking a rulings question. I've also added a scan of the cards in question, as that is what this forum requires. ~bbninjas

It copies all of the attack's text. Your friend's action was incorrect. He would have done 80 damage (unless he discarded at least 1 Fire Energy); not exactly the damage you did.

For the Mega Rayquaza example, if your opponent used Emerald Break on his last turn and hit (to say something) for 210 damage, and then you use Sudowoodo's attack, you woudln't necessarily hit for 210. You copy all the attack's text, so you would do 30x times the Pokémon you have on your bench. Think of it as copying an attack with Mew-EX, Mew FCO, Zoroark BREAK/BLW, and the like. You copy all of it.

Back