stupid question

brim89

Aspiring Trainer
Ok stupid question. When you get ready to cut your oppenants card to begin the battle. Can you shuffle there cards and they yours? I have friends that say that they can, but i believe that once you shuffle your deck that all they can do is cut not reshuffle it. I know that a judge can shuffle if your are not getting any basics, but i did not know if the other can do that before that battle.

Here is the answer strait from the Pokemon TCG Tournament Rules Doc:

7. Shuffling
Each player’s deck is expected to be fully randomized at the start of each game and
during the game as card effects require. In order to achieve randomness, players are
allowed to riffle, pile, or otherwise shuffle their decks until they are satisfied that the
deck is random. Randomization must be done in the presence of the player’s opponent.
Care should be taken to assure that the cards in the deck are not harmed or revealed
during the shuffle.
After the shuffle, the deck must be offered to the player’s opponent to be cut once.
Cutting the deck consists of creating two separate stacks of cards by removing a portion
of the top of the deck, and then placing it under the remaining portion. Players should
take care to not reveal any of their opponent’s cards while cutting. Cutting into more than
two stacks is considered a shuffle.
Instead of cutting, the opponent may choose to shuffle the deck. This shuffle should be
brief, and when it concludes, the deck’s owner is allowed to cut the deck once as
described above.
Players should take care when shuffling an opponent’s deck, as the
cards in that deck are not the shuffling player’s property. At this point, the deck should be
sufficiently randomized to both players’ satisfaction.
If either player still does not feel that either deck is sufficiently randomized, or if a player
wishes to not offer his or her deck to an opponent for randomization, a judge must be
called over to shuffle the deck(s) in question. No player is allowed to shuffle or cut after
the judge’s shuffle.

Back