STRIPES ON FIRE

Yeah, that would work really well. That's pretty much an ideal set, but if you could try to trade for something like that it would work. Problem is, you can't use Victini in Nintendo-sponsored tourneys, since it's an event pokemon.

Puff said:
Yeah, that would work really well. That's pretty much an ideal set, but if you could try to trade for something like that it would work. Problem is, you can't use Victini in Nintendo-sponsored tourneys, since it's an event pokemon.

I am trying to trade for a good Victini at the moment. I probably will only battle with friends and such, so that is alright.

Ugh, I'm double-posting again. Sorry.

Here's what someone else said about my team on another forum. Tell me what you think:

Messuduppotatoasia said:
Overall, I would think that this is a good team. However, one thing I worry about this team is that it's pretty slow, meaning fast Pokemon like Terrakion, Dragon Dance or Rock Polish Pokemon like Dragonite and Landorus respectively, and certain Scarf users like Genesect can do a lot of damage to your team if played correctly. Also, I see this team losing weather wars pretty easily due to a large majority of your team unable to take on Choice Specs Surf / Hydro Pump from Politoed or walled / Pursuit trapped by Tyranitar. Finally, Stealth Rock can be a major issue for this team as although Espeon can bounce back Stealth Rock, it's not very reliable due to many of the main Stealth Rock users are able to OHKO Espeon on the switch, and then they are free to set up Rocks whenever they want afterwards.

That Gliscor set is really frail. Either change its EVs into 252 HP, 184 Def, 72 Spe, Impish (with Protect on the last moveslot), or use Donphan instead. I recommend Donphan for its ability to revenge kill Dragonite and Landorus, who threats with the ability to sweep your team clean at a drop of a hat if you're not careful. It also has Rapid Spin, which is a very good move to have on a team with so many Stealth Rock weak Pokemon. Do note however, that Ice Shard from Donphan will only do 62.7% - 74%, and about that to a Dragonite as well, meaning that it will not OHKO. So if you use Donphan, it's recommended that you also have another priority user as well. Otherwise, Mamoswine is a great option as well, being able to provide Stealth Rock like Donphan, although without Rapid Spin. But Mamoswine's superior attack and STAB on Ice Shard will be able to score an OHKO on the two (if Dragonite's Multiscale is broken that is). So in summary, if you chose Donphan, you have to go find another priority user. If you chose Mamoswine, you probably will want to pack a Rapid Spinner.

Donphan @Leftovers
Sturdy
252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spe
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin

Mamoswine @Life Orb
Thick Fat
252 Atk, 4 SpDef, 252 Spe
Jolly (+Spe, -SpA) / Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Stealth Rock
-Icicle Spear / Icicle Crash / Superpower / Stone Edge
You might want to ditch Espeon + Hydreigon thing. Really, Espeon is just going to get walled by an opposing Dark type and then KOed, or you Baton Pass to Hydreigon and that thing just dies. Same thing with Scizor and Genesect. They'll come in and use U-turn, and either Hydreigon or Espeon dies. Like polelover said, even if you do manage to pull the stunt off, Hydreigon isn't all that fast and it'll just get revenge killed easily. At that point, you're practically down 2 Pokemon since no other Pokemon on your team can really make use of those Calm Mind boosts, except for Ninetales (which isn't a very good sweeper). Like Wiggler said, Chlorophyll Pokemon are great to have on a Sun team to take full advantage of it. It really puts you at a much higher advantage against non weather teams. Some Chlorophyll uses to consider are Venusaur, Sawsbuck, Victreebel, or Lilligant. Also, if you chose Mamoswine, here's a great opportunity to throw in a Rapid Spinner as well. Starmie and Forretress may be good uses of Rapid Spin, since Donphan could be redundant along side Mamoswine. If you want to get deeper into the uncommon realm, then Hitmontop isn't all that of a bad choice for this team. With Foresight, it guarantees a Rapid Spin (almost, granted it lives two turns which it probably will), Initimidate to lower the Attacks from say Terrakion, and a great switch in to Tyranitar.
Hitmontop @Leftovers
Intimidate
252 HP, 248 Def, 8 Spe
Impish (+Def, -SpA)
-Rapid Spin
-Foresight
-Close Combat
-Sucker Punch

You can use Choice Scarf on Victini to allow it to be faster than non Choice Scarf Keldeo, +1 Dragonite, and other things. Victini will still be strong, but the revenge killing ability is something you might want to look into. Especially since Victini has 100 base speed, faster than Genesect. So if you use Jolly on Victini, then you can outspeed Scarf Genesect and destroy it with a V-Create. You can possibly throw Final Gambit into the mix if you want to. Even without investment, 341 HP is a lot and can probably nab a KO from your opponent at the cost of Victini's life. If you want more power, switching your Dragonite into the Choice Band variant to smack weather starters and other stuff alike is something to consider as well.

Victini @Choice Scarf
Victory Star
252 Atk, 4 SpDef, 252 Spe
Jolly (+Spe, -SpA), Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
-V-Create
-U-turn
-Fusion Bolt
-Brick Break / Final Gambit

Dragonite @Choice Band
Multiscale
60 HP, 252 Atk, 192 Spe
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
-Outrage
-ExtremeSpeed
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

Finally, I strongly recommend a moveset change for Ninetales to a Specially Defensive variant. Reason for that being that your team still has trouble taking on Specs Surf / Hydro Pump and the Specially Defensive Ninetales is a great check to Genesect.

Ninetales @Leftovers
Drought
252 HP, 120 SpDef, 136 Spe
Calm (+SpDef, -Atk)
-Flamethrower
-Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
-Sunny Day / Substitute / Roar
-Hidden Power Fighting / Protect

Also, if you want a Venusaur for Wifi, you're going to have to get it from somebody since the female DW Bulbasaur hasn't been released yet I think. But anyways, it's a pretty thought out team and good luck! :D

I have to agree with the Gliscor thing a little. Do you guys think this is a better set for him:
472.gif

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EV's: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
Nature: Impish
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Fire Fang/Protect

Stealth Rock user, with Earthquake as its main STAB move. Toxic to eat away at defensive Pokemon, and Fire Fang could be the last slot, stronger with the Sunshine Boost, and good against Grass-Types, or Protect to stall people while Poison eats away at their health. With Poison Heal and a Toxic Orb, Gliscor will continue to heal as well. This set is more defensive.t

Didn't want to triple post. So do you think if I can't get a chlorophyl Venusaur, I should use Sawsbuck? Because I could use a set like this...

th_sawsbuck_animated_sprite_spr_by_devinwarriors-d38oxjn.gif

Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EV's 112HP/248 Atk/148 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk - SpA)
-Swords Dance
-Return
-Leech Horn
-Nature Power (Exact same as Earthquake in Wifi)

Just wondering. I don't know.

Back