Stricter time limits in bigger tournaments

PumpedAaron

S Type Armor
Some folks at Battle Roads told me that in big-wig tournaments like Nationals and Worlds, the time you have available for each turn is quite strict. Could some folks who know about this give me some real numbers? I'd estimate it takes me about a minute or two to complete a particularly difficult turn.

I guess I'd like to know how to maintain my strategy without ripping it up due to time constraints as well, you know? I wouldn't want an excellent Deck to lose just because I played with it badly.

It isn't so much about how long a turn takes. It is about how long each individual action takes.

Penalty Guidelines said:
7.4. Game Tempo
The pace of a Pokémon TGC game should be lively without being excessively fast, and each player should receive approximately half of the allotted time for the game. However, the way players react to pressure can have an impact on the tempo at which they take their turns. Judges should watch for changes in tempo and make corrections if needed
In general, the following time limits for various game actions should be appropriate. The times given below are general guidelines; players attempting to compartmentalize their turn in order to use every second of the time allowed for the items below are almost certainly stalling and should be subject to the Unsporting Conduct: Severe penalties.
 Performing the actions of a card or attack: 15 seconds
 Shuffling and setup, game start: 2 minutes
 Shuffling and deck search, mid-game: 15 seconds
 Starting the turn after opponent’s “end of turn” announcement: 5 seconds
 Considering the game position before playing a card: 10 seconds
Notes during a game should be taken using the same time limits listed above. For example, a player making a note about their mid game deck search must do so in the same 15 seconds allowed for the action.

There is no time constraint per turn; it is per action that they would like you to take 15 seconds per decision.

Back