Strategies for hail blizzard gardevoir

Hyperion64

Aspiring Trainer
After a long hiatus, I am getting back into competitive TCG. I saw the HB gardevoir with its fantastic ability ({P}{P} for every {P}) and started wondering if there are any cards that would work well with it. So far I have thought of:
Gothitelle
Metagross
UD mismagius
Mewtwo ex
{P} darmanitan
Gengar prime
Any other ideas?

Gardevoir/Gothitelle seems to be incredibly powerful. Basically, it becomes 30+40 for each energy card, meaning that by the time you get the three energy requirements, you're hitting for 110. With a third energy card, you're one shotting Reshiram and Zekrom. Heck, even with two energy, you're one shotting Mewtwo ex.

Its got some speed problems, as setting up two stage twos is problematic in such a fast format. However, the trainer lock can help, somewhat.

Bippa201 said:
Gardevoir/Gothitelle seems to be incredibly powerful. Basically, it becomes 30+40 for each energy card, meaning that by the time you get the three energy requirements, you're hitting for 110. With a third energy card, you're one shotting Reshiram and Zekrom. Heck, even with two energy, you're one shotting Mewtwo ex.

Its got some speed problems, as setting up two stage twos is problematic in such a fast format. However, the trainer lock can help, somewhat.

Ya, I think the deck will be best with Gothitelle. It will also help your recovery once a Gothitelle is ko'd.

I think that this Gardevoir would be interesting with Exeggutor HGSS. Whether or not it would be good is up for debate. You would obviously play it with Fliptini, and if you feel you need the energy acceleration, you could use that whole Jirachi, Shaymin, Psychic Energy discard whatever combo. It would be a fun play, and could hit for some serious damage, with only 3 energy, you will be hitting for an average of 120 damage a turn. Of course, the biggest problem is not knowing what your damage output of the turn is going to be, that can mess a whole game up.

I like the idea of Darmanitian and Gardy. It will be a force to be reckoned with. And a deck that I will most likely be playing in a BW-On format.

^How does Darmanitan work with Gardevoir?

Vulpix Yolk said:
I think that this Gardevoir would be interesting with Exeggutor HGSS. Whether or not it would be good is up for debate. You would obviously play it with Fliptini, and if you feel you need the energy acceleration, you could use that whole Jirachi, Shaymin, Psychic Energy discard whatever combo. It would be a fun play, and could hit for some serious damage, with only 3 energy, you will be hitting for an average of 120 damage a turn. Of course, the biggest problem is not knowing what your damage output of the turn is going to be, that can mess a whole game up.

This is a really good idea. I'd just be worried about how long it takes to set up and the fact that Exeggutor only has 90 HP (and a RC of 2). It seems like it'd get 1-shotted too much for you to get enough energy on it for some good KOs. Even with it being 2-shotted, it'll take a lot to get it going well.

Scizorliscious said:
^How does Darmanitan work with Gardevoir?

Darmanitan – Psychic – HP110
Stage 1 – Evolves from Darumaka

[P] Synchro Draw: Return your entire hand to your deck, and shuffle your deck. Then, draw cards from your deck equaling the number of cards in your opponent’s hand.
[C][C] DarMAXitan: Flip a number of coins equal to the number of Energy attached to this Pokemon. This attack does 50 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bad boy will work perfectly with Gardy because you attack and do (with the right hand and Fliptini) Do 100 Damage turn two. And the damage keeps on going from there.

^That sounds very good...
Gardevoir will be good with most Psychic Pokemon that are playable!

Vulpix Yolk said:

83-audino.jpg

sillykyle! said:

Until we have the actual english card, we won't be sure if Gardi's abillity will be {P} types exclusive or not. My guess are it is, meaning that Audino would have no gain whatsoever from Gardevoir.

On another note, stuff that I find interesting to combine with Gardi include:

Mew Prime
Mewtwo Ex
Exeggutor HGSS
Slowking Prime
Gengar Prime
Gothitelle

And any other psuedo useful {P} tech with an RC of 2 or less.

corabed said:
^That sounds very good...
Gardevoir will be good with most Psychic Pokemon that are playable!

Actually, you are incorrect. Gardevior will just be Catchered up, and ko'd, meaning it will probably only work with Trainer lock.

Audino is the sole purpose Emboar was printed.

I am sorta wondering if this card has potential with Mew. It would make it much easy for Mew to utilize attackers with higher energy costs. I don't think it would work very well though, I really just wanted to talk about how cool Audino is.

Gardevoir could also be good with darkri and cresslia legend. But i know its not the best idea. But maybe you could have both mewtwo ex darkri and cesslia legend and mewtwo ex in a deck.

Well it would take three turns to put all the energys on dcl with gardevoir out on the bench and if you use its second attack lost crisses you would only need to put one psychich energy in the lost zone and you can have two special darks on dcl. And you can use its first attack moons invite.

But i know this isnt the best idea.

Back