• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Stop Lock and Roll (Exeggutor / Vileplume)

MaD_DoG

Defying physics since 2012
So this is my first decklist in a while and I become a master next year so what better way is there to introduce yourself to the playing community than by annoying everyone at the next tournament with an expanded day 2 after ancient origins comes out. All constructive criticism is greatly appreciated and will be considered!

Pokemon: 20
  • 4 Oddish (AOR)
  • 3 Gloom (AOR)
  • 3 Vileplume (AOR)
  • 4 Exeggcute (PLF)
  • 4 Exeggutor (PLF)
  • 2 Shaymin EX (ROS)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Ace Trainer
  • 2 N
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 4 Giant Plant Stadium
  • 2 Muscle Band
Energy: 8
  • 4 Grass Energy
  • 4 Herbal Energy
Strategy:

So the strategy is to get vileplume and exeggutor into play turn 1 and use vileplumes ability and exeggutors attack to lock your opponent from playing items or supporters. Note that there are no vs seeker in this deck because once you get vileplume into play you can't use it. And since you usually get vileplume into play turn 1 thanks to giant plant stadium it makes it kind of useless.

Last edited:
People will hate you. I love it.

That being said, I think maybe 3 ace trainer is a bit too much for a non EX deck I think, but again time and meta will tell how useful this card is. I would have 1 and 2 N or even 2 more colress.

I would suggest a 1 of Muscle band to try and get that extra bit of damage over toad as I think he will still be around in extended quite heavily.

Also Herbal energy seems like a solid choice seeing as you aren't really relying on professors letter much. A little bit of healing here and there can go a long way in the right match up. Depends if you are expecting to be one shot every turn. Also again wins you the toad match. This is less a great card but the only way you can really get any healing. And if my maths is correct you should be able to, with a muscle band, steal you the ko vs toad.

Assuming you go second or attack first if later in game, you get exeggutor out with muscle band, you hit toad for 60. Toad hits you for 50 next turn if it has muscle band. Then you Herbal energy to heal for 30, hit toad for 60 putting it on 120 damage. You on 20. Toad takes you to 70 damage, you KO toad. Bit of a strain using of one of your very few energy, but also can be used to heal a half hurt exeggutor that may be on the bench for whatever reason, like lysandreing your vileplume out.

Anyway just a thought.

Woops my bad. I only have 57 cards in my deck. I originally had muscle band as a three-of, but I forgot to put it in. I like your idea for herbal energy and i will make the changes. I don't know how useful Ace trainer will be either so I think i will take it down to 2 and take off a muscle band for 2 N. Thank you for your input.

Back