Help Still don't know what deck to play.

Seastrome

Aspiring Trainer
Gardevoir and Golisopod are very underwhelming for me and I've sold the Gardevoirs/Golisopods as I see no point in owning what won't work for me. I plan on playing online only if i ever play at all. I just can't find a deck that wins me games consistently and it is very frustrating. I have tried Volcanion, Bulu, Garb variants, Gardevoir, Metagross, etc. Nothing works for me it seems like and nobody gives me any hope but only imply that I suck because "it's obviously not the deck."

All I ask is for help. I could be the next world champion in the making but that might never be if i'm not set on the right track. Thanks.

Have you tried Vikavolt/Bulu or Ninetales? Both are flexible decks that have few bad matchups.
Also, next world champion in the making? I mean it's good to have goals but dang, your setting the bar really high. o_O

Have you tried Vikavolt/Bulu or Ninetales? Both are flexible decks that have few bad matchups.
Also, next world champion in the making? I mean it's good to have goals but dang, your setting the bar really high. o_O

Yeah, tried them. Had most success with Bulu but stopped playing it after multiples bunches of games with terrible starts in getting set up. (8 game stretch, which is unacceptable for any deck to draw poor that many games in a row.)

And it was just an example. Of course, people will either say i'm too confident or say i'm being too down on myself. Can't win.

Is there any specific deck that you enjoyed more than the others?

I previously offered to review your play of one or more BuluVolt matches, but I'll extend that to include any deck other than Metagross and Greninja (as I've never been able to get those to work as consistently as I want).

Yeah, tried them. Had most success with Bulu but stopped playing it after multiples bunches of games with terrible starts in getting set up. (8 game stretch, which is unacceptable for any deck to draw poor that many games in a row.)

And it was just an example. Of course, people will either say i'm too confident or say i'm being too down on myself. Can't win.
Well then I am not sure how to help you. Maybe taking a break from the game is best for now.

Might I recommend Marshadow GX? I've been playing it online recently and haven't dropped a game on the ladder yet (granted I've only played about 15 games with it so far). It's really flexible and due to the nature of Marshadow GX, can be completely tailored to your play style. Since it relies heavily on Marshadow's ability, packing 2+ field blower is almost a necessity to combat Garbotoxin, and having some non-GX/EX attackers in your toolbox is important to beat Alolan Ninetails (baby version) and the new Hoopa coming out in Shining Legends. But the deck sets up easy due to being only Basics, really doesn't need more than 2 Leles (if even that many) since it doesn't require a turn 1 Brigette at all.

Even though not the best deck by any means, I've had an incredible amount of fun with it due to its versatility and the large range of options it has. If you're interested and want a decklist to start with let me know.

Even the best decks can brick. It can definitely be frustrating but you have to keep playing and learning from your losses. I bet the players that have won Worlds in the past have lost more times than they can count. The only person that's ultimately going to set you on the right path is you. No one here is going to be able to give you the perfect deck that instantly works perfect for you. There are tons of proven decks online that you can build, but you need to play A LOT of games with them to really get a feel for how the deck runs.

You aren't going to win EVERY match with any deck. Just pick one that you have the right cards for (and that you enjoy) and play it over and over and over, and as you play swap out cards that aren't helpful for other cards that may be more helpful. If you are winning 65-75% of matches, you are doing well.

What about creating a rogue deck yourself? I had the idea of a Necrozma/Espeon/Garbodor deck and it was so much fun beating all those Metagross/Gardevoir/Golisopod players. I even have a chance to win League Cups with it.

Back