• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard StevenGross

K-Genesis

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemón (12):
  • Beldum x4 (CST)
  • Metang x1 (CST)
  • Metagross x4 (CST)
  • Alolan Vulpix x1 (GRI)
  • Dhelmise x1 (GRI)
  • Kartana GX x1 (CIN)
Trainer (40):
  • Puzzle of Time x4
  • Rare Candy x4
  • Max Potion x4
  • Random Receiver x4
  • Nest Ball x3
  • Pal Pad x2
  • Wish Tablet x2
  • Shrine of Punishment x2
  • Choice Band x2
  • Escape Board x2
  • Metal Frying Pan x1
  • Counter Catcher x1
  • Enhanced Hammer x1
  • Red Card x1
  • Field Blower x1
  • Steven's Resolve x4
  • Cynthia x1
  • Acerola x1
Energy (8):
  • Metal Energy x8

This is my current framework. Very solid, very consistent.
But there's a huge problem called "rotation" in the way. A great deal of this consistency comes from Puzzle of Time, the only card in there that kisses Standard goodbye in a couple of weeks.

I'd love opinions on what to "replace" them with (because they're irreplaceable, really) to keep the deck going strong. My first choice would be an extra Pal Pad, 2 Wish Tablet and a tie-breaker between a 3rd Shrine or a 2nd Pan. But I'd love to hear some opinions (maybe something new I'm missing).

Have at it, bois.

(If need be, I can explain some of the more unorthodox choices as I understand that the framework may not be obvious)

I hope that card never gets printed again. Stevens Resolve is also pretty insane, so its no surprise you like PoT. Effects like that are moving to 1 per game GX attacks if you've noticed some of the cards that have similar effects. Ie: Gardy-GX, Decidueye-GX, Banette-GX. The only thing thats got similar effects right now don't cater to steel and thats Diantha, Crasher Wake, Lusamine, and, Pal Pad as the only good item, but only grabs supports. List looks solid, but grabbing resources from the discard is getting harder as we go here.

which beldum from CST are you using? The retreat one or the one with 70hp?

3 retreat, 1 70hp

I hope that card never gets printed again. Stevens Resolve is also pretty insane, so its no surprise you like PoT. Effects like that are moving to 1 per game GX attacks if you've noticed some of the cards that have similar effects. Ie: Gardy-GX, Decidueye-GX, Banette-GX. The only thing thats got similar effects right now don't cater to steel and thats Diantha, Crasher Wake, Lusamine, and, Pal Pad as the only good item, but only grabs supports. List looks solid, but grabbing resources from the discard is getting harder as we go here.

Yeah, I'm not even complaining, it has to go. Just looking for something to maintain an acceptable level of consistency.

Back