• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Steelix Prime (Needs age division in title)

mrwillster

Accelgor will be my salvation.
i made this deck only because i got a free steelix.

18 pokemon
4-3 steelix prime (onix=56/95)
2-2 blissy prime
4 skarmory ud/col
3 shaymin ul

23 t/s/s
4 pokemon comm
3 moo moo milk
2 reversals
2 super scoop up
2 energy exchanger
1 life herb
1 defender
3 PETM
2 PONT
2 collector
1 engineers adjustments

19 energy
2 rescue
3 {C}{C}
4 special {M}
10 {M}

basic steelix strategy. energize steelix, pwn and then heal

I personally disagree with Skarmory as a lead very strongly. When you attach an energy to Skarmory to attack with to get an energy, why not just attach the energy to an Onix in the first place? If it has been working well for you, I won't argue with it, because I know a lot of people like it as a card, however if it hasn't been working out, test this.

-4 Skarmory
+2 Boufallant
+1 Double Colorless Energy
+1 PONT

Max DCE and PONT are going to be needed for this deck to be consistent, the Boufallant gives you something to use against Reshiram, or maybe even Magnezone after your Steelix is killed.

-2 Rescue Energy. It is easy enough to just bring out another Steelix, since you probably had three or four turn to get it out while you were tanking with the Steelix that just died.
-2 Energy Exchanger
-3 Metal Energy (Oh my gosh, your current count is so much overkill)
-3 Professor Elm's, Communication can get your Stage 1's in a much quicker manner without using a Supporter.
+3 Life Herb, assuming you don't get OHKO'd, you are going to need some healing power, every turn.
+1 PONT (max this out)
+3 Junk Arm, recovering Healing Power or whatever is needed at the time is beautiful.
2 Plus Power/Defender, you never know when these will come in handy.
+2 Pokemon Collector, four is a must in most decks.

The deal with Skarm is that on T1, you attach to Skarm, then attach to Onix. Keep in mind you can search for a Sp. Metal you might otherwise not have. On T2, you can regularly attach to Steelix AND get search and attach. Plus, you don't want to keep your Onix up and attach to them manually each turn, leaving it wide open for an easy attack. Skarmory has 80 HP, so it should at least survive T2.

Back