• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Steelix Prime Deck Help

AsKetchup

Aspiring Trainer
Here is the list:

Pokemon:
3 Onix (SF)
3 Steelix Prime
2 Chansey (PL)
2 Blissey (PL)
3 Smeargle (UD)
1 Skuntank G

Trainer:
1 Luxury Ball
2 Life Herb
3 Pokemon Communication

Supporters:
1 Flower Shop Lady
2 Copycat
2 Interviewers Question
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Team Rocket's trickery
3 Pokemon Collector
4 Bebe's Search
3 Engineer's Adjustments

Stadium and Pokemon Tool:
2 Conductive Quarry
2 Expert Belts
1 Ruins of Alph

Energies:
4 {C}{C} Double Colorless Energies
4 {M} Special Metal
7 {M} Metal Energies

Strategy:
So I edited my deck, as always start with Smeargle UD to use those Pokemon Collectors and Bebe's Search from my opponents hand. Set-up Steelix Prime ( not that hard with Engineer's Adjustments+Conductive Quarry or Energy Stream ) Set-up Blissey to heal and discard energies or clottered Smeargle at mid-game. I increased the number of normal metal energies because Scizor Prime sees more play in our local league. I also added Skuntank G since I am using 3 Stadiums. Ruins of alph is to handle electric pokemon that resist metal types. I am planning on adding more healing trainers and a fire counter but not that sure. Need your help again guys. Hoping for more suggestions to improve my deck. thanks! :)

peddles

Aspiring Trainer
You have a 2-1-2 line with out any rare candies, I'd take the line out.

-2 magnemite
-2 magnezone
-1 magneton

With a steelix deck, you want more healing power than just 2 flippy life herbs and blissey, I'd go with 4 pokehealer+.

+4 poke healer+

In my opinion, 4 pokemon collectors is a bit much, i'd take 1 out. Copycat could probably go as well. If you're focusing on steelix you need a 4-4 line, so that will make some room. Your starter isn't bad, but relying on their hand can be iffy. Maybe change for sableye? Just a thought.

-2 copycat
-1 pokemon collector

+1 steelix prime
+1 onix
+1 smergle

Another thing is, if you happen to have some bad luck and you want to save your energies atached to a soon to be dead steelix, I'd recommend lucian's assignment. That way, you can save your metal and steel energy and be ready the next turn to knock out. Since you are tanking a great deal, 1 more expert belt will help you get it out faster, take out a team rocket's trickery for that.

-1 team rocket's trickery
+2 luscian's asignment
+1 expert belt

Well that's all I think, hope this helps you!

AsKetchup

Aspiring Trainer
thanks for the reply peddles! :D

I really want to get rid of the Magnezone line,because of the very same reason you have said and It can't barely attack because I dont play any lighting energy and only rely on rainbow nrgs. About the pokemon collector, youre actually right because at late games, the extra collectors just clutters my hand. 3 smeargles IMO is sufficient enough to be starters because later on,they just clutters my hand as well.
3-3 steelix line is ok as well since in my playtest i only managed to power up two steelix til the end.
I will go with the lucians though.
Any idea for a good secondary attacker to back steelix up? I am thinking of 1-1 scizor prime.

thanks for the reply peddles! :D

I really want to get rid of the Magnezone line,because of the very same reason you have said and It can't barely attack because I dont play any lighting energy and only rely on rainbow nrgs. About the pokemon collector, youre actually right because at late games, the extra collectors just clutters my hand. 3 smeargles IMO is sufficient enough to be starters because later on,they just clutters my hand as well.
3-3 steelix line is ok as well since in my playtest i only managed to power up two steelix til the end.
I will go with the lucians though.
Any idea for a good secondary attacker to back steelix up? I am thinking of 1-1 scizor prime. Also I am having hard time defeating umbreon ud. Any idea for a good counter that will work well with this deck?
Thanks and hope for more advices. :D

peddles

Aspiring Trainer
The problem with a 1-1 line is that one of them could be prized, then you'd want to add in an Azelf la to get them out, I myself wouldn't know a great secondary, I had a hard time finding one myself, I'll let you know if anything comes to mind.

AsKetchup

Aspiring Trainer
tnx man. :D i really appreciate your replies.
I am thinking of adding flygon rr to help with steelix retreat issue but is thinking twice because steelix is there to tank all day long. Theres also glalie ar which can be a fire counter.
This deck really needs a secondary attacker.

Hoping for more suggestions. Tnx! :D

peddles

Aspiring Trainer
Oh yea, I was thinking switch, forgot about that...I'd experiment with a 2-2-2 line of flygon, give it a whack :)

mosherstomper

99 problems but luxchomp aint one
Yea for sure drop the magnazones. And the smeargle. Add atleast 3 skarmorys, starting with skarymory let's you attach 2 energy per turn to onix or stelix and even let's you search for special metals. Also drop the upper energy its a waste of time. Life herb is to flippy pokehealers are sick. And if your worried about umbreon try adding 2 sudowoodos (sp?) And a couple fighting energy, drop the rainbows. Also add 4 energy exchangers that way you can search the fighting energies or trade for special metal. That's what makes steelix tank so hard

-3 smeargle
- 2/1/2 magnazone
-2 life herb
-1 collector
-2 rainbow
-1upper
-1 flower shop lady
-1 prof oak
-2 team rockets
+3 skarmory
+2 sudowoodo
+4 pokehealer