• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Steelix possible Cities, Seniors

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub
Pokemon (16):

4-4 Steelix Prime (SF-UL)
2-1 Dialga G X
2 Uxie LA
2 Skuntank G
1 Azelf LA

T/S/S (29):

2 Conductive Quarry
1 Ruins of Alph
3 BTS
3 Collector
2 Bebe's
2 Communicator
2 Twins
4 Moomoo Milk
2 Life Herb
2 Expert Belt
2 Warp Point
2 Energy Exchanger
1 Palmer's
3 Engineer's/Sage's

Energy (13:

4 DCE
4 Special Metal
5 Metal

Strategy: Get Steelix set up and tank. Dialga's for Vilegar and provides a handy Deafen.

I'd take out the Alph and put in another Collector. Possibly add another Uxie if you can. I'm guessing this is a type of SP Steelix build so I'm guessing you don't want to add Blissey PL or Nidoqueen.

bubble coat is a good idea but you cant attach an expert belt to your steelix if you have that... so that means you wont one shot blaziken lv x... your biggest threat. And skuntank isnt good since he cant poison Sp... so uhmm I guess you could stick in 1 or 2 bubble coat, ill test it out for myself since my only lost today at a tournament was againt blazeray (2-2 blaziken and 2-2 luxray) with ERL tech... pain in the ass matchup, still managed to take 5 prizes though because I didnt do any misplay and I had a good game. But even with that its autolose unless you can donk but steelix cant do that lol.

Cyndaquil: Sounds good, will consider.

plinskin: Hmm...Bubble Coats can really hand clog if you run four, and only last a few hits.

Bubbletea: Skuntank's a repeated Crobat for non SPs. I think I will keep it.

Shaymin: Well, I like more healing trainers > Blissey. Blissey's just another Potion that can be sprayed. And it's a stage two and discards a card from your hand.

My friend tried out Skarm and it ended up getting in the way. So I won't try it right now.

I know... I play steelix and only 1 skuntank is enough... u dont need 2. Blissey is crucial imo... it is needed in steelix since it can screw your opponent's crobats drop and -20 dmg every turn is awesome. Skarmory if you use him well doubles the speed of steelix. And you pretty much got it right with the trainers but I would do those changes.

-2 life herb
-3 bts

+4 poke healer +
+1 bebe's or engineers

BubbleTea: Blissey's another Potion, like I said. Instead of 2-2 Blissey, why not just use Potion or more Moomoomilk? Which is what I did. As long as you run a lot of BTS you can T1 Energy Stream and get powered by T3.

Blastagator: Read the strat.

Well, if you do that he will be in the active spot and you might have no other way around it. They already run barely trainers

Uh... you say that based on what facts? Steelix does NOT do very well against Vilegar. It's not an autoloss, but it's a very tough fight.

Vilegar can beat Steelix Prime. If you have a good enough build, Vilegar can murder this deck. Say you have two special Metals, they can two shot Steelix, and fainting spell just makes Gaia Crush a waste.

Also, instead of most builds that use Scizor as a secondary attacker, I chose DGX. It's not a tech.

Back