Discussion States Meta: What to Play

Hey guys, how's life?

Anyway, I've been wondering what people are expecting at states. Personally, I believe there will be a good amount of Batman (Manetric Bats, getting hyped), Trevenant Break, Vespiqueen/ NM (getting hyped), with some houndoom in between. Finally, I hear people saying there won't be a lot of Toad, but I can't say I believe them.

I think night March is dead for the time being. There's too many things that stop it. Toadtina is gaining popularity, trevenant break stonps on it, bursting balloon kills night marchers and jolteon EX stops it in its tracks. Let's not even get started on how badly greninja beats night March. Fighting fury belt is more if a curse then a blessing because now you must have 11 night marchers in the discard pile to ko an opposing EX with ffb.

I really think megas may begin to make a bit of a splash. And that splash isn't just gyarados, which I don't think will be a big threat. I think megaman, M sceptile and primal groudon to do well.

Greninja might be the play, but item lock decks seem to be good. With NM and FFB running around, ToadTina or random lock decks/mill decks.

I'm not sure mega groudon will do much do to a large rise in both Greninja and Trevenant.

I'm expecting to see a lot of those as well as a variety of awkward Jolteon builds with potentially a few metal disruptions decks. I definitely don't think that HexRay is out of the question here either.

There will always be the weird toad/toad tina variants.

Disruption and lock will be a huge deal in the meta I believe.

I think groudon and sceptile will suffer to both bench space and locks. They need to be consistent or it ruins the set up for both

I'm expecting to see a whole lot of everything. Though, I think Trev. and friends will be the most played.

You're going to see a lot of Night March, Yveltal with Gallade, either Manectric with Crobat or straight Mega Manectric. You'll see quite a few Seismitoad variants, either with Crobat, Manectric or Giratina, there's no reason to believe people wont be playing it. Aside from that I expect to see a couple Trevenant, a few mixed Megas like Gyarados, Mewtwo or Primal Groudon.

I'm going to be playing Lucario/Crobat myself.

I've heard night march may be down at upcoming tournaments, though I'll believe it when I see it. I imagine garchomp having a presence, as well as some concoction of the new darkrai. I don't think entei/zard will be able to keep up anymore because it won't be able to get its key one-hit KOs. I'm also a bit curious to see how garbodor shakes out. I'm pretty sure someone will create a very annoying list featuring that pile of garbage. We shall see.

I've tested it out a lot and feel Like I have a solid list. The only trouble I have is against megas and night march, but even then its not horrible

Because of fighting fury belt I believe that the format will either have more cards to discard tools or revolve more around 2hkos because not much can hit 210-220 consistently every turn aside from bees, night March, and rayquaza. Because of this I think mega mewtwo with shrine of memories will make a big splash because it takes full advantage of decks aimed to knock things out in 2 or more hits because of damage change.

I'm going to run an OctiFrog deck (Greninja BREAK Octillery). Greninja BREAK is a very consistent deck in my opinion. Out of about 30 games with the deck, I never got a Frogadier out later than turn 2.

I'm going to run an OctiFrog deck (Greninja BREAK Octillery). Greninja BREAK is a very consistent deck in my opinion. Out of about 30 games with the deck, I never got a Frogadier out later than turn 2.
Care to share I list? I'd love to see how you've been playing it. I also have a list but it's certainly not polished.

Back