State of the Game and Player's Sandbox Forums

ESP

Swag.
Advanced Member
The other moderators and I have been discussing what we think should be done with these forums. Personally, I just don't think that there need to be separate forums for the State of the Game and Player's Sandbox forums. The line between the two is definitely blurred and I don't see too much activity in either one to warrant separate forums.

Popular opinions have been to either combine the two into a "Competitive TCG Discussion" or to merge one or both of them with the already-existing "TCG Discussion" forum.

What do you think would be the best option? Would you like to see one of the above happen, or something else? Maybe you don't think anything needs to be done with these forums.

Please state your opinions below with well constructed arguments and we will take them into consideration when the final decision is made. Thank you for your input!

I'm totally for combining them. Honestly, if a member that's been on this site for awhile can't tell the difference between the two forums (Me), there's obviously a problem. Combining them seems to me like it would be in the best interest of the TCG Community.

Very happy to see my ideas are being considered.

I agree. Combining them both into a competitive TCG discussion forum like you described would help tremendously.

Competitive TCG Discussion sounds better. The General TCG discussion subforum should be for casual things like collecting, pricing and just the other aspects of the TCG.

So yeah, it'd be better to merge those two into Competitive TCG Discussion.

I'd prefer them to be combined into a competitive TCG Discussion. This should help PB get to be more competitive in the TCG.

Gale said:
Very happy to see my ideas are being considered.
I believe his was being discussed before you mentioned it haha.

I'm all for combining them.
But should we add them to 'TCG Discussion'? I think we need the opinions of competitive TCG players. They probably have a good idea if the two should stay separate or not.

No, TCG discussion and competitive discussion are very different things. The general TCG News & General Discussion right now is very casual, discussion cards you own and such, while State of the Game is discussion about competitive combos. I wouldn't mind seeing Player Sandbox and State of the Game combined, I can hardly tell the difference between the two, but please keep it separate from the TCG News & General Discussion.

Vulpix Yolk said:
No, TCG discussion and competitive discussion are very different things. The general TCG News & General Discussion right now is very casual, discussion cards you own and such, while State of the Game is discussion about competitive combos. I wouldn't mind seeing Player Sandbox and State of the Game combined, I can hardly tell the difference between the two, but please keep it separate from the TCG News & General Discussion.

^ This.

State and Sandbox were a bad idea from the beginning. There is little separating them. Combine them nao! The TCG discussion area is primarily focused on current events -- not new thoughts and ideas about decks and cards. That can stay.

I think we should keep the tcg section simple, divided into Competitive TCG Discussion, General TCG Discussion, Deck Garage, Ruling Questions, and Organized Play. So, in short, merge Player's Sandbox and State of the Game... Also, in the Deck Garage, where you're supposed to put the tournament and divison in the title of your thread, I think you should be able to put "Casual Play," so that people might go a bit easier on the comments to newer players who don't understand too much about the game, and people won't criticize the deck as much and say it can't do well.

Meaty said:
Also, in the Deck Garage, where you're supposed to put the tournament and divison in the title of your thread, I think you should be able to put "Casual Play," so that people might go a bit easier on the comments to newer players who don't understand too much about the game, and people won't criticize the deck as much and say it can't do well.

The Division/Tournament is not mandatory anymore, but that is a good suggestion to put in the rules for people to use if they want to.

dmaster out.

Oh wow that really shows how inactive I've been in that area... Still, as you said it can still be a good idea.

EDIT: Forgot about the Trading Corner section... That should still exist.

My original intent was that State of the Game would be a one-stop-shop to see what's going on in the competitive TCG world and Player's Sandbox was for people to talk about ideas and stuff that aren't quite established - in other words, one forum for competitive players and one forum for people who aren't as experienced or wanting to try out things without having to clog up State of the Game.

The problem is, no one seems to know that, so a lot of threads in State of the Game could go in Player's Sandbox, and vice-versa. Combining them both into one forum would make that new forum a lot more active and less confusing. Or there could be a sub-forum for Player's Sandbox in State of the Game if it's that important the two be separate.

Back