Star Wars New Movie!

Darth Vader didn't fall down. That was Palpatine. Vader's now a force ghost. But EU still ruined it.

Señor Noobnerd said:
Darth Vader didn't fall down. That was Palpatine. Vader's now a force ghost. But EU still ruined it.

THANK you!!... My exact sentiments.

Darth Vader didn't fall down, He threw Darth Sidious to that pit of something, and he died after removing his helmet and talking to Luke. Too bad Lea didn't get to talk to his father, that's sad.
Also, I would be watching the new Star Wars movie, but the cartoon,was a failure..

You know, sometimes I wonder if people just watch the Star Wars movie for the battles and the lightsaber duels. Why doesn't anyone care about the masterminds? The reason I preferred the prequel trilogy was not because of better graphics, but it showed Palpatine's patience in his gradual rise to power, while the original trilogy just showed some "hero fights the dark lord" stuff. Nevertheless, it was satisfactory, and EU ruined it.

Señor Noobnerd said:
You know, sometimes I wonder if people just watch the Star Wars movie for the battles and the lightsaber duels. Why doesn't anyone care about the masterminds? The reason I preferred the prequel trilogy was not because of better graphics, but it showed Palpatine's patience in his gradual rise to power, while the original trilogy just showed some "hero fights the dark lord" stuff. Nevertheless, it was satisfactory, and EU ruined it.

I'm in it for the tech and the wise Jedi. ;)

I wonder what Yoda's place in the government is, for all his wisdom. It doesn't really matter, since more than half the Galactic Senate is corrupt...

But I guess most of the people here don't even give a fig for what the Galactic Senate is.

Señor Noobnerd said:
As Godzilla said, EU really messed up the Star Wars galaxy. I never really read much into EU, but from the little bits and pieces of information I see on Wookieepedia and the like, it's person. The rise and fall of Palpatine was good enough, but some authors who have no idea what story to write just expand on Star Wars, throw in some random Force nonsense, and get lots of money. The Vong rubbish was indeed rubbish.

Oh I dont know, I kinda liked the EU. It was cool towards the end of the Vong saga how the entire galaxy was united and fighting for a common cause. Plus it had some fairly good space battles. I think they should have left it after the unifying force though... this new Jacen thing is kinda annoying, but on the upside it has some good Mandalorian parts.

As for this new movie, I cant say I expect anything really special.

The Dief said:
Señor Noobnerd said:
As Godzilla said, EU really messed up the Star Wars galaxy. I never really read much into EU, but from the little bits and pieces of information I see on Wookieepedia and the like, it's person. The rise and fall of Palpatine was good enough, but some authors who have no idea what story to write just expand on Star Wars, throw in some random Force nonsense, and get lots of money. The Vong rubbish was indeed rubbish.

Oh I don't know, I kinda liked the EU. It was cool towards the end of the Vong saga how the entire galaxy was united and fighting for a common cause. Plus it had some fairly good space battles. I think they should have left it after the unifying force though... this new Jacen thing is kinda annoying, but on the upside it has some good Mandalorian parts.

As for this new movie, I cant say I expect anything really special.

The rise and fall of Palpatine (the clone versions) should have ended the Empire. I'm not saying "in real life" the Empire would come to a halt but for the SAKE of the Star Wars Universe, end the freaking Imperials. Now, what 40 ABY(?), the Empire is back in business.

About the Vong... The CONCEPT (alien invaders from another galaxy and the New Republic and Imperial Remnant working together) was cool. Especially the former. But not when they looked like this:

yvwarrior.jpg

And have "bio" ships that are anything but what a biological ship should be. I could go on forever but I need to find a way to incorporate my rant into a large, overdone, random conflict in the Star Wars galaxy.

About the Vong... The CONCEPT (alien invaders from another galaxy and the New Republic and Imperial Remnant working together) was cool. Especially the former.

Hmmm, fair call. A more interesting species could have been made. Something that fitted a bit better with the star wars universe. But 'Star by star' is still one of my favourite star wars books.

Back