Stage 1 Stadium

oXHASEOXo

is that a CC?
Hey guys,
I run a stage one deck. I'm having an issue with which stadium to go with. My current options stand at:
Silent Lab - All pokemon in play, in hand and in the discard have no abilities. I think it's great for shutting down abilities. A big one being Vir/Gen but i run fire types so I've got that deck covered already (i think). Genesect could still pull the guy I'm building for the 100-120 damage.
Training Center - All stage 1 and stage 2 pokemon get +30 HP. This is great for keeping my guys alive and turning a OHKO into a second turn. (they only have 120 HP before the stadium)

What do you guys think? I only have about a week left to figure out my deck for states. I hope i can figure this out by then. :)

Training Center is a decent anti-meta card since most decks revolve around basics. If you think that Vir/Gen is covered with your deck normally, and you're not too worried about Jirachi-EX, Safeguard, or Mr. Mime, then Training Center could be the play here.

Just make sure that by running it, you aren't ruining your own KOs.

PMJ said:
Training Center is a decent anti-meta card since most decks revolve around basics. If you think that Vir/Gen is covered with your deck normally, and you're not too worried about Jirachi-EX, Safeguard, or Mr. Mime, then Training Center could be the play here.

I have Vir/Gen covered most of the time. There's no need to stop Virizion's effect due to me not running any status effects. Genesect can be a pain due to the speed and built in Catcher.
However, for the other ones. I only run 1 ex, so safegaurd isn't a worry. I love Jirachi because he's 2 free prizes. Both of my mains can one shot him. And i have nothing that hits the bench so i'm not worried about Mr. Mime either. I'd just leave him there on the bench unless it came down to a 1 prize game, then i've got an easy KO for the game. :)
What i'm really worried about is that Garbador stadium. Not sure what it's going to do to dark deck. now that they can pull trubbish, garbador and tools. leaves a lot of open space for that deck and really helps to speed it up. ):

I would just like to point out that Silent Lab only shuts down Abilities for Basic Pokemon.

right but most are basic/EXs.
it wouldn't effect Garbador but it's his effect basically. and Garbador doesn't effect me. no abilities in my deck.

Mora said:
I would just like to point out that Silent Lab only shuts down Abilities for Basic Pokemon.

With Silent Lab, Keldeo-EX's Rush In ability, Dark Cloak(Darkrai), Malamar-EX's ability to put active to sleep, as well as Dragonite-EX's Barge In ability, as well as the abilities of Plasma basics, to name a few, would be blocked...

However, it won't block Plasma Umbreon's ability to increase the HP of Plasmas because it's a Stage 1, it won't block Plasma Metagross's ability to draw any 1 Plasma card from the deck because it's a Stage 2, it won't block Metal Links(Bronzong), you name it: Any Basic's ability, if it has one, will be blocked by Silent Lab. However, if the Basic evolves, if the evolution has an ability, it will not be blocked because Silent Lab covers only Basics... So, if you set SL down, bye-bye, Virgen and Plasma Signal: Unless you can evolve, which you can't, you are rendered as normal Pokemon because both of you are Basics, which SL covers... :)

PMJ said:

oXHASEOXo said:
PMJ said:

I have Vir/Gen covered most of the time. There's no need to stop Virizion's effect due to me not running any status effects. Genesect can be a pain due to the speed and built in Catcher.
However, for the other ones. I only run 1 ex, so safegaurd isn't a worry. I love Jirachi because he's 2 free prizes. Both of my mains can one shot him. And i have nothing that hits the bench so i'm not worried about Mr. Mime either. I'd just leave him there on the bench unless it came down to a 1 prize game, then i've got an easy KO for the game. :)
What i'm really worried about is that Garbador stadium. Not sure what it's going to do to dark deck. now that they can pull trubbish, garbador and tools. leaves a lot of open space for that deck and really helps to speed it up. ):

^ I wonder if you're thinking about running Flareon. That could explain the one ex in your deck.. Otherwise, if you are not, and my assumption is wrong, then you're going to need a strategy in your mind, and if you are running a deck not listed here, that strategy will only exist in your mind, and maybe you'll have to let us know if it won the tournament in your favor...

cardgjammer said:
Mora said:

With Silent Lab, Keldeo-EX's Rush In ability, Dark Cloak(Darkrai), Malamar-EX's ability to put active to sleep, as well as Dragonite-EX's Barge In ability, as well as the abilities of Plasma basics, to name a few, would be blocked...

However, it won't block Plasma Umbreon's ability to increase the HP of Plasmas because it's a Stage 1, it won't block Plasma Metagross's ability to draw any 1 Plasma card from the deck because it's a Stage 2, it won't block Metal Links(Bronzong), you name it: Any Basic's ability, if it has one, will be blocked by Silent Lab. However, if the Basic evolves, if the evolution has an ability, it will not be blocked because Silent Lab covers only Basics... So, if you set SL down, bye-bye, Virgen and Plasma Signal: Unless you can evolve, which you can't, you are rendered as normal Pokemon because both of you are Basics, which SL covers... :)

PMJ said:

oXHASEOXo said:

^ I wonder if you're thinking about running Flareon. That could explain the one ex in your deck.. Otherwise, if you are not, and my assumption is wrong, then you're going to need a strategy in your mind, and if you are running a deck not listed here, that strategy will only exist in your mind, and maybe you'll have to let us know if it won the tournament in your favor...

I am not running Flareon. I'm running Magmortar. :) The one EX is a Seismitoad (since i run 4 DCE).
I figured why not.
i will post how it runs at States on the 21st and the LC on the 28th :)
Just want the best stadium available to me. I went with Training Center for now. But if it fairs poorly then i'll swap for the Silent Lab. For now, i'm ranking higher HP to live longer over shutting down abilities. My deck focuses on Blacksmith and DCE so i not sure yet, if i end up having to adjust for speed then i'll have to throw in super scoop ups. but that's neither here nor there.
I appreciate the advice guys! thanks! :)

Honestly you might not even need a stadium in that deck. There are really no stadiums that hurt the deck very much. Scorching Earth could be a good stadium for you because you get fire energy in the discard pile for the blacksmith and it gives you a little more draw power.

Ironman131 said:
Honestly you might not even need a stadium in that deck. There are really no stadiums that hurt the deck very much. Scorching Earth could be a good stadium for you because you get fire energy in the discard pile for the blacksmith and it gives you a little more draw power.

I've thought about it. speed rather than stadium. but i still want to try it with training center.
i thought about Scorching Earth but between Juniper and Fiery Torch, i can't afford to throw out any more energy.

Scorched Earth is really a better Fiery Torch, unless you're worried about your Opponent using it. First of all, it isn't stopped by Trainer Lock. Second, you can play it, use a supporter (getting a new hand), then discard a Fire Energy from your new hand.

I don't like that my opponent can use it.
too many fire types/techs in my area.
just not worth it to me.
i can do the same with torch.
only if i'm item locked, i've got bigger issues. Like how do i get to my Xerosic.
I have to skyla for him. it's lame but it works. since hammers are useless.

Or you use Scorched Earth to help you find it. If you're not using Scorched Earth because your opponent might use it, are you also not using N because your opponent can benefit from that? I find N benefits my opponent far more often than Scorched Earth does.

I like the Skyla. she's more precise. If he's halfway down my deck draw power doesn't help. I run a heavy supporter line so I usually have multiple in my hand. Therefore, yes, I run N. Because he rarely benefits my opponents and I (almost) never run at the start of the game. I just toss him. If i draw him when my opponent has anywhere from 1-3 prizes, that's when I use N. It's hard for him to be of benefit when you're only 1-3 cards out of him.

N is really bad early on. I love when I get a bad draw and someone refreshes my hand for me.

You don't need Scorched Earth. Just go balls deep with items. If you run into Seismitoad, you're probably going to lose anyway.

yea, that's kind of my thoughts. just adjusted for that. still going to try training center. it might help keep me alive.

I dislike training stadium for one real reason. Boosting HP is all good and nice. But if you are only surviving because of the stadium. They can just play down their stadium and drop your magmotars HP down to KO it with just a stadium. Even if its on the bench. If you dont plan correctly. That could easily cost you a game.

Ivy_Profen said:
I dislike training stadium for one real reason. Boosting HP is all good and nice. But if you are only surviving because of the stadium. They can just play down their stadium and drop your magmotars HP down to KO it with just a stadium. Even if its on the bench. If you dont plan correctly. That could easily cost you a game.

Solution: 1-1 Ninetales line to keep it in play. Wouldn't cost that much.

Ivy_Profen said:

socery said:
Ivy_Profen said:

Ivy: I have thought about that. still can't use torch and i can't speed up another deck. Might just remove stadium all together. or mountain ring. that's my only two options.

socery: interesting... i'll think about it :)

oXHASEOXo said:
Ivy_Profen said:

socery said:

Ivy: I have thought about that. still can't use torch and i can't speed up another deck. Might just remove stadium all together. or mountain ring. that's my only two options.

socery: interesting... i'll think about it :)

Just wondering, how many Evosoda do you play? Could up your consistency.

RE: Magmortar Deck Help

I'm only running 2 evosoda. I had 4 in, but i dropped it because i was getting it too often.

Back