SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

Yea, wvere already seen all the items though...
Also you oly taped sown the d pad? I taked both and left, took like 3 trys but it worked. But that move isnt that good against humans

wow.... they have 3 days to reveal the rest of the characters. well they might show them after the games release but at that point i wont care.

Toon Link: The only real differences are the fact that his boomerang doesn't create a whirlwind and that some of his moves are from either Metaknight or Marth if I'm not mistaken, T-link is the cloniest character in Brawl
Falco: different A-moves and B-move-differences are comparable to Lucas vs Ness, not much, though
Lucas: Go look at the Dojo
Wolf: LANDMASTER!!! Other than that, he's really not as cloney as you might think, none of his attacks LOOK like Fox', but they have similar effects. He has really original poses and A-moves, so, well, clone? I think not.
Ganon: Should have gotten his sword, some of his B-moves are different, again comparable to Lucas vs Ness, and his A-moves are different (Hooray for lag), but that's pretty much it.

If you see someone spamming silly B-moves (read: noob), use Pound, it has insane priority, and because of the spamming of B-moves it's really a guaranteed hit, so you probably won't get punished... Oh, you guys don't use Jiggly? Sucks to be you then :O
And yes, the Donkey-method is also the way I beat 15-minute-melee.

Items are fun, but I want to see Jiggly.

75 looks fun, but only for a while, and it really does seem more like a "lawl, I panwced u in2 teh doknei" stage, but whatever, if every stage would be a simple stage I guess the more casual players would get bored easily.

o_O no more red shell...
atleast in this update they confirmed all star mode (the heart piece description)

Yup, Umbrella's also out. He revealed the Item select screen ages ago, though, how come you only noticed just now?

Yes, a mssive update, but a lot of it, I/we've already seen on previus updates and/or videos/forums. The Timer is a brand new item, and I've never known what it does, but it's hands-down my favorite item in Brawl, at least for me. The Soccer Ball is the Pwnzorz too.

I knew I had it wrong, MM. Goes to show you that I don't memorize every event. ://

HS, I know that there are really, technically, no clones. I know that, but I don't nitpick every detail. In my eyes, and probably mine alone, they are clone characters. I see where/why they aren't, but I just don't care about the fine details.

dmaster out.

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
Yup, Umbrella's also out. He revealed the Item select screen ages ago, though, how come you only noticed just now?

i saw the update before but i was unsure of a few items like the deku nut.

MUCKSTER said:
Yea, wvere already seen all the items though...
Also you oly taped sown the d pad? I taked both and left, took like 3 trys but it worked. But that move isnt that good against humans

Yeah When my friend and I beat it DK was flipped into oblivion and he was about to turn into a star in the background and it said "COMPLETE" right before he died. Another 100th of a second and we would have had to do it all again. My friend collapsed and almost passed out when we finished. I copied my file to his memory card so he would not have to go through that mess on his game. I got it long before he did.:) EDIT. 11:48 PM Check out R.O.B. He looks pretty cool but you will need 250 trophies or play 160 vs matches or unlock him in the Subspace Emissary to get him. The R.O.B. I was thinking of was from th R.O.B. game that came out for the SNES. It came out the same year as Battletoads and DoublDragon for the SNES. Battletoad was a spin off of T.M.N.T but it was a hit while it lasted. I still play it on th NES once and a great while.:)

electimortar said:
r.o.b. is confirmed and it tells us all of his moves

LOL. I beat you by 10 seconds.:)

well rob isnt that bad. is he low tier, yes. But it is interesting.

as to unlock thats easy! there going to make easier for you to get trophys so getting 250 is like getting 80 in melee.

I agree R.O.B isnt that bad, but personally, I dont like him. I hope Toon Link is released next.

i think G&W will be next i dont know why but im just putting money on it.

I put my money on Game & Watch too.

Low tier? ROB's gimmicky, odd, ancient, a minister and from granny's time but it's still cool... and I might have misunderstood it, but apparently his Up+B is an infinite jump.

Talking on infinite jump, I've heard rumors that Pit's glide is an infinite jump. If anyone can confirm it, then Pit's hi-tier for sure.

I just noticed that Dedede can't be possessed, grow an eye on its belly and spit out dark matter. That would be awesome.

Whosever thinks Waddle Dee should have been in the game, raise your hand.

Well I'll be different and place it on Ganondorf.

R.O.B Actually looks awesome, I'd love to play him.

Waddle dee is in, as a final smash, attack and entrance.

Infinite jump? Now that would be something for high tier. Meh, I don't really like Pit anyway.
Oh guys, although he's ancient and stuff, he has ROCKET BOOSTERS :O

xxashxx said:
electimortar said:
r.o.b. is confirmed and it tells us all of his moves

LOL. I beat you by 10 seconds.:)

hahaha its the other way around....i posted it and then after i posted i checked and your thread wasn't edited :p

r.o.b. looks pretty fun to play with.....i dont know what you guys are talking about....

brawl is out in 3 days!!!!

R.O.B for middle tier!

Anyway Ganon is next, then G&W, then Jigglypufff, then Toon Link and Finally Wolf

I'm betting $10,000,000,000 that this is the order they will release the characters:
Ganondorf
Mr. Game & Watch
Jigglypuff
Toon Link
Wolf

ZOMG THEY FINNALY POST ABOUT R.O.B. :O It's going to be annoying getting teh trophies though :[

That's why play through the SSE^. It's mucho easier, but the matches aren't that much either. I like the multiple ways to unlock characters, seeing as most people won't be into the SSE. Shame really. :(

R.O.B. Gotta love the NES colors he has, but I prefer Gray over the NES colors. I hope Gray is an alternate costume for him or I'll be one sad panda. The interesting think about R.O.B., is yes, I hate him, but not necessarily completely, especially after seeing his moves. Near-infinite recovery (I think, MM), Gyro edgeguarding, and a powerful laser, all combine to make him Low-tier for me. I do think he'll be the least-used character, at least in competitve, but I gurantee I'll try him out in a couple battles. Interesting, no detail on his FS. Maybe because it's the worst in the game? (IMO) Nah, pretty wierd though..

I heard that Pit's glide wears out eventually, just like R.O.B's "fuel". I'm pretty sure it's a huge recovery as well, MM.

Order for me: (I'm pretty sure)

R.O.B (Today)
Ganondorf
Game and Watch
Jigglypuff
Toon Link
Wolf

Only 3 more days, yes, indeed. I've already invited two friends over onn Sunday to play as soon as I try to unlock the characters in a Speed run of the SSE. Yes, you heard right; Speed Run. :p

dmaster out.

Back