SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

Shroob, I know who Princess Shroob is, I wanna see your set. Which Princess Shroob did you have in mind?

Final Smashes are designed to be powerful. What would you describe the damage range of the Zero Laser to be? I'd say somewhere in the range of 50% to instant KO. :>

It isn't that broken, not to mention it can miss... well, I guess they can all miss, but this is particularly easy.

Ugh this is one of the glitch threads. You can't see the new page until there are atleast 2 replies on it. Mods don't consider this spam it's to make the next page visibly.

Edit: Ok now thaat I can see the thread I can say that I don't see Princess Shroob coming in. I don't know why but I just don't.

Actually PMJ, the damages of the Final Smashes really vary. Samus' Zero Laser doesn't appear to KO nearly as much as I thought it would, whereas Pit's Final Smash is very hard to avoid or survive. I heavy doubt any single Final Smash would do more than 50% max, unless you're counting subsequent hits with Final Smashes like Sonic's, DK's (which I haven't seen used effectively once), Pikachu's, or Pit's.
But yeah, 80% - 110% sounds like way too much for one Final Smash. It would just make more sense to do around 25%, but it would have similar knockback to Metanight's. (So it basically kills at 35%)

[ChanseyMaster]

I STILL WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IF PIKACHU AND SONIC BOTH GO INTO A FINAL SMASH MODE.
WOULD EITHER TAKE DAMAGE FROM THE OTHER?

SORRY ABOUT CAPS- MY KEYBOARDS IS BROKEN.

^ Or is Shift lock just on?

anyhow, here comes the Bidoof:

A: Simple tackle-kind of something, does around 3% with weak knockback, can be used twice in a row.
A -> : Stronger tackle-kind-of-attack, medium knockback
Run A: Quick-attack-kind-of move, Bidoof disappears and re-appears where it should have been if he weren't running, anything it passes during the invisibility stage takes around 4 damage but with decent knockback
Down A: Bidoof bites, nothing special, 5%, almost no knockback

Smash Up: Bidoof headbutts into the air, +-15% but sends the victim rather high
Smash Side: Bidoof charges and then jumps the length of 1 block in the stage builder stage, 15%->20%, but serious knockback
Smash Down: Bidoof stands on his front legs and delivers a kick with both his hind legs, +-20%, decent knockback

Jump1: Bidoof just jumps like you'd expect it to jump
Jump2: Bidoof curls up

Normal Air: Bidoof curls up and rolls against the enemy, the animation is slightly different from the 2nd jump, not much damage, 5% or something, mediocre knockback
U-Air: Bidoof uncurls if needed, and headbutts into the air, does around 15% damage and has decent knockback, but it has a fairly low range
F-Air: Bidoof curls up if needed and starts spinning a lot faster, pretty slow, but does around 20% with mediocre knockback
B-air: Bidoof uncurls if needed, make a somersault and kits the opponent with his hind legs, 15% with low knockback
D-air: Bidoof stomps the opponent down with his hind legs, 10%

B: Yawn: Does no damage, but slows down opponent for around 2 seconds, then makes it sleep depending on its remaining HP, range is about that of mewtwo's disable
B> : Hyper Fang: Bidoof moves sightly forward and bites the 1st thing it hits if it hits something, send the opponent flying sideways with serious knockback, 10%, think puff-punch
B^ : Take Down: Bidoof jumps up, then, if it hits an opponent, it sends him/her straight down, 15%
Bv : Dig: Bidoof digs himself into the ground for about 3 seconds, you are able to move around during this period, then Bidoof jumps into the air sending the opponent flying pretty high with around 20%, but you can see which direction Bidoof's digging and it's pretty avoidable, can only be used on solid ground and not on platforms, Bidoof can dig through the edges.

Grab: Bidoof Hold the opponent with all 4 legs
Grab attack: Bidoof bites
Up throw: Bidoof throws the opponent in the air and quickly jumps after it to tackle it, pretty high knockback. 6->8%
Down throw: Bidoof keeps on holding the opponent with his 2 front legs, jumps up with his hind, in the air, it spins around a bit whilst coming down, and hits the ground, sending the opponent flying (think charizard's earthquake in the anime) 10->12%
Back throw: Bidoof rolls backwards and throws away the opponent, 5->7%
forward throw: Bidoof stops the opponent away with his hind legs, knocking it pretty far, 4->6%

Guard: Defensive curl, Bidoof curls up
gaurd + tap: Bidoof just rolls around

Taunt1: Bidoof does its pathetic little Bidoof face :p
Taunt2: Bidoof tries to do a victory scream, but falls on the ground
Taunt3: Bidoof takes an oran berry and starts eating it

Final Smash: Amnesia: Bidoof shouts something, All players get these weird question marks popping up next to their heads, they now move in the opposite direction (down is up, left is right, ...) and any damage done to them is double, by Bidoof or by another opponent. This does not affect Bidoof, who can go kill each and every opponent 1 by one. The effect lasts for about 7 seconds.

Bidoof is so perfect. If he is not in Brawl I will cry. :[

4me4them said:
I STILL WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IF PIKACHU AND SONIC BOTH GO INTO A FINAL SMASH MODE.
WOULD EITHER TAKE DAMAGE FROM THE OTHER?

SORRY ABOUT CAPS- MY KEYBOARDS IS BROKEN.
I'm fairly sure that the game was programmed so only one Smash Ball/Character with the power of the Smash Ball could exist on the stage at the time. Even if two chracters could both get them, I believe that both of those characters are invincible during their Final Smashes, so I think they would just pass by each other. It'd really be hell for any other characters on the stage though, :p

[ChanseyMaster]

well, it is possible to test if there can be multiple chars with FS activated or not...
the moment ssbb comes out, or you can play demos with the ability to set items, you set smash ball as sigle item to appear on very high (if it is like in melee) and if there only appears one, and no other as long as it's there, we can conclude there can be only 1 FS activation per turn...otherwise, i see combos like a giga bowser with a super sonic flying around etc...or a landmaster driving around with diddy bombarind everything:p talk about double trouble :p

greets,
psycho

Well I've missed a lot of discussion here on the thread and many people have actually decided to think of characters that should be included in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, so I guess I'll comment on those and the updates this past week:

Ike's Final Smash is pretty cool, because you can launch more than one foe, he's invinceble while he does it, and becasue it has a long range, all you have to do is control the timing of it.

The three diffferent taunts are back and they show some from many characters. You can also have a short messege assigned to you. My favorite taunts shown are Link's sword trick and his pose from Oot. I also like Sonic's taunt saying "Too Slow" and spinnin his feet.

Handicap has a different function in Brawl. You can assign damage to your enemys and the damae will always start when the character appears. You can also rack up damage gradually during the battle.

The Kirby Musical Score is pretty cool. I like the nostalgia factor of the son being from long ago, as well. It's really upbeat, I wonder what stage will suit this son the best...

Meta Knight's Special Moves are cool. Tornado can suck in enemies, Drill Rush plows into foes in any direction you want, Shuttle Loop can be used as a save and he can glide with it as well, Dimensial Cape is the teleportation move that I see will be very popular when people use him in competitive battles. You can also use it to get more attacks and combos in.

Spectator Mode is new and probably something I will be using sometimes. You can watch Wi-Fi battles and local matches. Gambling will be cool and you will always get Stickers, even if you lose, so it's not a bad deal to gamble a little bit. You can also change if you want Spectators or not, which is cool.

To PMJ and HS: Your movesets are both pretty cool for Daisy and Bidoof respectively. It really shows that you put a lot of effort into both of them. If only Togeshroob whould reply here to many people requesting to see Princess Shroob. I would also personally like to see the moves and taunts you thought of 'Shroob. Personally Daisy, Bowser Jr., and Waluii have the best chance to be in Brawl then Bidoof. Bidoof will probably just be a PokeBall pokemon. Be realistic HS.

I don't think they will be allowing multiple Final Smashes to go off at once, but we can't really speculate until they update it on the site, or until the game comes out. It would be really interesting to see the different combos but it just doesn't seem like the kiind of game to have that specific feature.

The Pokemon Trainer is actually the coolest playable character, IMO. I love the battling system too.

dmaster out.

knuckles
has gliding ability after second jump (up+b)
standard attacks
a - punch not much to say here...5% damage
a -> - stronger punch 7-10% damage
running a - fire drive --knuckles hovers over the ground in a dive spinning punch with flames around him (from the sonic advance series) 11-12% damage
a up -upper cut punch 5%
a-down-crouches and punches out (like links sword)

smash attacks
Side-a : one-two punch punches with one fist...then the other requires hitting a twice 15-17% moderate knockback
up-a: strong uppercut...25-28% severe knockback
down a- kicks out with both legs (kinda like fox) 15-17%

meteor smashes
side+a kicks 8-9%
down +a like his running a attack but downwards 15-19%
up+a flip kick moderate knock back 10-12%
back + a does a backwards kick 7-8%

special attacks
b-spin dash knuckles does the spin dash - hold to charge
down b- groundbreaker -knuckles pounds the ground causing all on the ground to be stunned temporarily - dashes downwards to do this if used in air
up+b spiral uppercut-his jump attack from sa2/sa2 battle knuckles shoots up into the air in an uppercut
side+b - knuckles dashes a short distances and knocks foes upwards think captain falcon's side +b move

Final Smash
Hammer Gloves
his power up from sa2/sa2 battle
knuckles dons the gloves and becomes temporarily invincible...all his punch attack gain SEVERE knockback.
attacks will do 1.5x more damage as well.

I waish they would bring someone else from Fire Emblem in like Soren or Soothe.

everyone go back a page and look at my knuckles set :F

knuckles for brawl!!!
he really would be a good character...i am going to cry if just sonic makes it in.. i mean there are already enough mario characters (including luigi)...Sonic is a big enough game to get as much characters as there are mario characters...and they all have movesets enough to be characters so we need at least to from team sonic. and knuckles should be the 2nd because he would make a better character than any of the others

Well at least Ike is in and now that he's in, he's in for good. :D

Check out the Ice Climbers Final Smash. Oh Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it is cold !.:)

I was waiting to see what kind of Final Smash the Ice Climbers would get, and I'm very proud of this one.
It appears to have a dynamic size, so it will always take up about 70% of the screen. Now they just need to re-confirm Captain Falcon, and reveal his Final Smash as the Super Falcon Punch, :p

[ChanseyMaster]

instead of knuckles, who also uses fists and feet like sonic, why not amy?
she has a HAMMER, is fairly strong and FEMALE...
i think if anybody from the sonic series should join in next to sonic, it would be her...

although i must admit that knuckles has a decent moveset :p

other option: they both get in...

i looove iceclimber FS :p ability to freeze people :p sounds very handy to me, especially with the ice climbers:p and it will indeed probably take 70% or more of the screen...

looking forward to the next update :d

greets,
psycho

Falcon will probably get a Final Smash related to his car-mobile-hovercraft-thingy, I mean, he shouldn't have moves at all, why invent even more moves if you can actually give it something that actually has something to do with him?

Sonic will probably stay alone, I don't think there will be too many call-in guests, probably only the more famous ones from the most famous games. About that, when will they release megaman (original version)? :( ... oh, c'mon, don't make me make a movelist for him too :p

Ice Climbers' FS seems wicked, it probably barely does damage and the knockback on the photos seems like nothing, but still.

Amen, I'm all up for seeing Megaman appear in this game. As long as his special moves revolve around using Beat and Rush (the Cat was dumb) I'll be okay with him.

And as I've been saying all along, someone from Castlevania needs to get in here too. Simon Belmont or Soma Cruz would probably be the best bets. Just stop revealing more Kirby characters X_X.

Lucas' final smash could shock everyone in the stadium or within range. That would be cool

Back