• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Squid Magic (Malamar EX / Xerneas EX / Aromatisse / Slurpuff)

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• Malamar EX x3
    Xerneas EX x4
    Spritzee x3
    Aromatisse x3
    Swirlix x2
    Slurpuff x1 (XY)
    Slurpuff x1 (PHF)
    Xerneas x2
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• Super Potion x2
    Energy Retrieval x2
    Muscle Band x2
    Trick Coin x2
    Fairy Garden x4
    Pokemon Fan Club x1
    Revive x1
    Evosoda x1
    Shauna x2
    Professor's Letter x3
    Professor Sycamore x2
    Robo Substitute x1
    Lysandre's Trump Card x1
    AZ x2
Energy:

• Double Colorless x2
    Fairy x9
    Dark x4

Strategy:

THIS IS A FUN DECK!!!!

When you think of running a dark type attacker, Yveltal EX probably comes to mind. But I decided to take a different approach. I love fairy types, and I decided to use a lot of useful fairy type cards. I've play tested this deck, and XY Slurpuff actually is actually a lot more helpful than I thought, I've been in positions where I couldn't get a fairy garden into play and it prevents me from getting stuck in the active with a Xerneas.

One problem I have with this deck is trying to find out what Pokemon to bench and when to bench them. We can utilize Slurpuff (PHF) to draw cards and Lysandre last resort is there just incase we get to a point where we might deck out. Obviously, use fairy transfer to move around energies on either Xerneas or Malamar, and get everything set up with Xerneas (geomancy). Xerneas is an OK attacker, so instead of finding ways to maximize it's attacking power (exluding muscle band) we can use AZ and Revive to keep using them over and over.

15 energies might seem like a lot, but it opens a lot of doors for attacking choices. I've considered removing the DC but I'm not sure what to replace it with.

This is sort of what I want to call a 'budget' deck because both EX's are fairly cheap and this deck is made with cards I've pulled, not traded or bought.

Back