Spriting the RIGHT way!

Achmetha said:
Also, I thought of another thing that must be added.
You never need to ask for the link anymore! *Cheering* O.K., to remedy the need for a link:
Take your cursor, now move it. It works, right? Yeah, now put in on the sprite, picture, etc. Right click and go down to the bottom of the menu that opens up. It should say Properties. Now click on it and a screen appears. About halfway through, there is a line that says Address (URL). On the right side of the screen, opposite from that there is a link, highlight it. Yay! Now you have the link and you didn't even have to ask!

Thats what I have been trying to tell people but do they listen? No

Is this really that big of an issue? The shop owner should just do this:

cubloom.png

Code:
[IMG]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc270/Artisan_Cave/Requests/cubloom.png[/IMG]

That way people can see thier request, as well as get it's images code quickly and easily so they can put it in thier sig.

To the first post-
Yes I agree. Saving a sprite in JPEG ruins the sprite itself! And JPEG is supposed to be for photos, not sprites.
---------------
To silver-
Never make the owner get the link himself, people might think you're a lazy shop owner not to make the life of your customer easy.
Remember, even in a forum- The customer knows best(even if they don't :p) and you have to make it easier for them or else they won't like your shop.

Yes you can actually use either paint or photoshop, Photoshop is pretty complicated so i suggest u use paint, I have both and i actually prefer paint! (photoshop came with my computer)

aqua smeargle, i know a great place to get sprites: http://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/pokedex/list/all/
they have all the diamond and pearl sprites, male and female forms, shiny forms, and second poses.
it's where i get my sprites

I knwo anyother great sight here is the link...

http://www.upokecenter.com/dex/?view=pictures

This is where I get mine for my fusions recolors etc.

I already have one with all the sprites, it's not really necessary.
Just a heads up to everybody: I'll be changing this thread into a complete begginer's guide to pokemon art fairly soon with the help of everyone at artisan cave.

Aqua Smeargle said:
I already have one with all the sprites, it's not really necessary.
Just a heads up to everybody: I'll be changing this thread into a complete begginer's guide to pokemon art fairly soon with the help of everyone at artisan cave.
Awsome! I should keep up with Artisan Cave more, I'm just very busy.
Are you gonna make tutorial sheets?

No, it didn't. It's shop did though, maybe that's what you're thinking about.

I'm not so sure about expanding this anymore. I posted that idea quite awhile ago...

Paint is one of the most useful tools out there. It's perfect for spriting if you ask me. Too bad I only noticed this thread when I knew all this already.:rolleyes: I guess stickying threads sometimes makes them less visible.:p

I have an idea for a project in artistian cave I will go and post my idea there so check there soon!

Yep yep, and here are the best picture uploaders::
www.webshots.com
www.photobucket.com
www.photolava.com
www.imageshack.com

I can't sprite.

Please elaborate more on your post. You can elaborate by asking questions about spriting (even if it is for clarification), but be sure to verify that your question isn't already answered. ~DRK176

Back