Sprites & Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jace

Aspiring Trainer
SPRITES
I haven't made any sprites in a while, but here are my current sprites (beginner, so bear with me):

243rts9.jpg

Virus Pokemon (yes, I know the pose is aweful, it's looking right at you)

mlpbac.jpg
or
b8v5vp.jpg

Cockroach Pokemon

2vcicjn.jpg

Evo

Splices:

xaw9jm.jpg

Original Trainer

nbox90.jpg

Overworld of above.

2n9ffux.jpg

Pitiful attempt at a tree tile, but hey, it's my first ever try at something like this. It's not in the right style, blah blah blah, ya, I know.

2086uix.jpg

Simple grass to snow tile recolor. (credit to Kyledove for original)

Yeti (F):
33vf8yb.jpg

(M):
295emgl.jpg

first pixel over (yeah.. I know its bad..):
2vif8z5.jpg

Partly Scratched, partly Algamated Trainer Sprite:
4sjp1s.jpg

I was messing around today and made this little alien guy..

33w600l.jpg
|
qq75he.jpg

I think he's kinda cool..

ohjpdw.jpg

grass starter koala pokemon, Eukhay

TAGS

Well.. this stuff is all pretty old.. most before February-ish... I've stopped gfx for the most part, but I've been thinking about maybe starting up again. Let's see what people think I guess... (btw, I'm putting the garbage request tags too..so take it easy on those.)

Newer-Old (descriptions are below tag, btw..)
90oldy.jpg

NEWWWW

259alnp.jpg

Okay.. scratch what I said.. I did throw this one together for somebody a little while ago.. but I don't really consider it much.

2n8zkgh.jpg

2vkfaxy.jpg

206zitk.jpg
206zitk.jpg

n1tjpu.jpg

this was kinda just an experiment..

2zdrjio.jpg

reallly bad...

1smkcn.jpg

2zf4vi1.jpg

request

2mrbsc1.jpg

2cxuqyo.jpg
2whjryc.jpg

sorry.. this ones bad, I know

xbh1tj.jpg

24fixk2.jpg

2dhb4lf.jpg

requesttt

11ce2w9.jpg

1zzhkww.jpg
jb1hl1.jpg

requesttt

nno2zk.jpg
nno2zk.jpg

requesttt

33dbgbc.jpg

request

jb5yyr.jpg

requesttt

wvcnq0.jpg

request

25fpvyq.jpg

request

Andd.. my first and second tags ever just for grins :p
1zq52dw.jpg

1417dp1.jpg

Yeahhhh... they're all pretty much crap..

RE: Sprites

For a beginner, you're very talented. The tree was my favorite....great job on the blending of colors, it looks great.

The evo of the the cockroach looks great, but the base pokemon looks a bit....crowded. The thing I like about your spriting is the detail work, but its hard to find in that particular sprite.

The overworld sprite is great.....looks perfect. The trainer sprite could use some work, particularly in the edges.....it just dosent look as clean as I would have hoped.

Overall, great start.....I think you have potential to be one of the best spriters here, keep making them =]

-Black Rayquaza

Wow, these are wonderful, I am completely impressed your cockroach evo, not only is it extremily creative but the scratch work and shading is impeccable. Truly outstanding.

Your tree also shows great shading, certainly not pitiful at all. However the second tear you can see is probably around 2 pixels outward from the bottom (Dark shaded) lower area. Now this is great, and I think you should do that with the top spire/tear. That sounded a bit confusing, you can see the tree is in three parts, it appears there is a bit of an overhang which looks good, and I think you should apply that to the top tear. Makes it look very realistic, awesome!

Black Rayquaza said:
For a beginner, you're very talented. The tree was my favorite...great job on the blending of colors, it looks great.

The evo of the the cockroach looks great, but the base pokemon looks a bit...crowded. The thing I like about your spriting is the detail work, but its hard to find in that particular sprite.

The overworld sprite is great...looks perfect. The trainer sprite could use some work, particularly in the edges...it just dosent look as clean as I would have hoped.

Overall, great start...I think you have potential to be one of the best spriters here, keep making them =]

-Black Rayquaza

Moneyking63 said:
Wow, these are wonderful, I am completely impressed your cockroach evo, not only is it extremily creative but the scratch work and shading is impeccable. Truly outstanding.

Your tree also shows great shading, certainly not pitiful at all. However the second tear you can see is probably around 2 pixels outward from the bottom (Dark shaded) lower area. Now this is great, and I think you should do that with the top spire/tear. That sounded a bit confusing, you can see the tree is in three parts, it appears there is a bit of an overhang which looks good, and I think you should apply that to the top tear. Makes it look very realistic, awesome!

Thanks guys. Oh, if it wasn't clear, I haven't made anything in a couple months. I'm discouraged because of lack of creativity and the extreme amount of time it takes me to sprite.

I like them. The first one's undershaded however, and that trainer looks like a plain recolour. (excuse me if I'm mistaken) The tree, honestly I don't like so much. It's too perfectly round. It's a good cone, but trees have seperate leaves and branches. Whilst it isn't good to show too many of these, you've really dumbed it down a bit much. Also, the dithering on the basic cockroach's head is uneeded and looks odd.

I love your scratch work. Keep at it and keep posting them for us to see! Also, thank you for know how to shade. =P

They are all good!

By the Way:

If Black Rayquaza and Monkeyking give you good comments, you are good!

Update:

first in like.. 4-5 months.. I think I've lost my touch. Didn't spend much time on it though.
295emgl.jpg

yeti pokemon, ice fighting blah blah blah

Love the cockroach pokemon, especially the evo. ^^

The tree looks a bit odd, but the snowy grass one is cool.

That snow pokemon is also really good, but I feel it could use some more colors or something.

Is there a difference? I can't spot it >.<

would it be ok with you if I used some of your fakemon in Sugilite?

Flygon999 said:
Is there a difference? I can't spot it >.<

would it be ok with you if I used some of your fakemon in Sugilite?

between male and female? or the first version and the second version?

whats sugilite?

Sugilite is a fake game I'm making, using custom pokemon and trainers, etc. So, could I use your fakemon sprite in the game? Credit will be given.

Ah, I see the gender difference now.

The pixel over is pretty good actually, but I would make it brighter and remove the "JACE". Just put your watermark on the corner of the canvas or soemthing.

Flygon999 said:
Sugilite is a fake game I'm making, using custom pokemon and trainers, etc. So, could I use your fakemon sprite in the game? Credit will be given.

Ah, I see the gender difference now.

The pixel over is pretty good actually, but I would make it brighter and remove the "JACE". Just put your watermark on the corner of the canvas or soemthing.

oh no sorry these are all for another project

Not bad tags bro ^_^
You need to work on text and colourization mainly.
The Jack 24 tag is probs the the best or its the c4d realism tag ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back