Spread Damage

pvtGramps

Pokemon Trainer/MMA Fighter
Hey guys,

I was working on a deck idea, and I was wondering what cards were out there that caused decent Spread damage. I've seen what Giratina PL can do, and I was wondering what other cards produce similar effects. I literally want to build a "Shotgun" Style deck and play with that for a while.

Thanks,
Gramps

Well if you want to build a spread deck some cards you can consider using are:

Bronzong MD (it has a body which puts 1 damage counter on each of your opponents pokemon with any powers inbetween turns and has an attack which puts 1 damage counter on each of your opponents pokemon a;ready with damage counters)

Abonasnow SF (does 20 to all your opponents pokemon excluding {W} and {G} pokemon)

Crobat G PL (it doesn't only just work in SP decks. It places 10 damage on any of your opponents pokemon via its power)

Metagross SV (it doesn't spread but it can lower everyone's total HP down by 20 which makes spreading easier, howver the -20 HP does affect you, so be cautious when playing it)

Empoleon MD (does 30 to 2 of your opponents pokemon)

Now of course there are more but these are some of the more commonly used one's, especailly Empoleon as you can spread with the MD and snipe with the PL empoleon and the lvX.

there are also these:

Gengar Lv. X - does 30 dmg to all pokemon that have dmg already on them for 2{P} and a {C}

Gallade 4 & Lv. X - the 1st attack does 20 and 10 to all benched pokemon with dmg already on them for a {P} and a {C}; the Lv. X has a power that places a dmg counter on all your opponents pokemon when it is put into play

Tyranitar (SF) - the 2nd attack does 30 to all your opponents pokemon for a costly 5{D}

there are plenty others, but it's really better to do the research yourself, so you can find out which spreaders work best with the deck you want to run...you can go to the main page of the site http://pokebeach.com/ and on the left hand side you can see that there are card scans of almost all the pokemon cards in existence (all current format sets are there in full)...you can also use a program like Redshark to look up cards and even build decks to test out before you put them together in card form

Abomasnow would be the best choice, in my opinion he is the most effective spreader in the format. Manectric is another good option for spreading.

There are some other good and decent Pokemon can spread damage apart from the ones mentioned.

1. Exploud GE
2. Ampharos SW
3. Magmortar SW
4. Glaceon LV X
5. Blastoise PT
6. Frosslass LA
7. Manectric MT
8. Abomasnow MT
9. Golem SW
10. Mamoswine GL
11. Palkia G
12. Palkia PT
13. Gyarados G
14. Kyogre LA

Besides that, there are others can spread but comes with a risky effect such as damaging your own Pokemon.

1. Drifblim DP
2. Gastrodon West Sea SW
3. Articuno MD
4. Forretress LA

Keep in mind that spreading is easily countered by nidoqueen RR.You might want to tech in dialga g x for that reason.

I find that although nidoq RR negates ectoplasm from dusknoir however if ectoplasm cancels out Maternal then your other pokes can spread galore without restriction.

That is true, but then you have to fit in an entire Duskenoir line, something you DO NOT want to do, unless its a Dusk deck. Now, a good spreading idea that is a cheap deck and fairly decent is Ampytric.

Uses Manectric PT+AmpharosPT to spread to power pokemon, then lock those powers. Obamasnow is also pretty cheap, it comes in the Gyrados theme deck, 2 of them I believe. Glaceon RR has a good spread attack, as does Frosslass LA. Just naming more options.

what do you think about playing both Ampharos PT and SW since they both have the same evolution line

discourages opponent from playing Supporters and Power locks if they do (manectric is still a great spreader nonetheless)

pretty cool since bench shields shouldn't happen

thanks for the ideas in this thread as well

I kind of did some tossing around today and came up with a deck. I'm going to post it soon, and work it with the crowd here before I put in the time to grab the cards for it, but Manectric, Ampharos, Abomisnow and Fortress were actually on the top of the list.

Back