JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Spiritomb and Volo have been revealed from the Japanese set Dark Phantasma, which will release in Japan on May 13th. We expect these cards to become part of our August set, Lost Origin!
Thanks goes to Bangiras for assistance with the translations!
Spiritomb – Darkness – HP60
Basic Pokemon
Ability: Cursed Message
If this Pokemon is Knocked Out by damage from an attack from your opponent’s Pokemon, search your deck for a card and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.
[D][D] Soul Chain: 10+ damage. This attack does 60 more damage for each Spiritomb in your discard pile.
Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Spiritomb is interesting, it can find its own resurrection Trainer and continue attacking (or find you a tech if you have both ramp and a way to get it back on your hand).
First thought is Rescue Carrier + Marnie's Pride + Darkness Energy, use the ability to get the missing piece, use the remaining bench slots for consistency abilities.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Spiritomb - even you only KO Lumi on that range, the ability is just a non-supporter version of Raihan or Teammates. Sick! 4
Volo - brokes Lumi, left, right, and center. And not just Lumi, but cards like Ice Caly. Those energies are easily been accel by Melony. This card also widens your bench space for something else. 4-5

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
Spiritomb - 190 dmg is decent. I apreachiate the fact they are adjusting their one prizers for the inflation of numbers. But now it’s boring when playing 1 prizers against each other. Overall I think spiritomb could be tier 2/3 with a low hp and lack of ability to ohko anything above 220 (choice belt). Dark patch, raihan, klara and galarian moltress should be able to round of this deck. The ability is a free teamates divided by 2. Grade: 4/5 efficent and boring attacker with a good consistency ability

Volo - yes, it takes up supporter for turn. But still broken. I’d prefer more complex healing mechanics like cheryl, pcl, shaymin vstar ability and so on. As this is more simple, it is more universally good. Healing, removal of secomdary pokemon with a typeing in sylveon, takeing away pointless sprites and etc. Are just a coupple of reasons to play this. You also reduce Palkia vstar's damage output. Grade: easy 6/5 overpowered like az

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
interesting that they put complete PLA spoilers on the volo card when they could have just used his ginkgo guild uniform
If they wanted to do that art they maybe should have given it another name like Liar, sourcerer, Man of Tricks or something else to not spoil who the person on the picture is

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
interesting that they put complete PLA spoilers on the volo card when they could have just used his ginkgo guild uniform
Yeah, you'd usually expect that more in the full-art or a character rare down the line.

If they wanted to do that art they maybe should have given it another name like Liar, sourcerer, Man of Tricks or something else to not spoil who the person on the picture is
This ain't MTG lol. If they had tried to hide it, it would have been Pokemon Wielder.

Either way though, the game has been out long enough that it's probably not an issue.

Polaris

Volo is decent and will see some play, but it isn't broken. Spirotomb shows that they're at least trying to let 1-prizers compete with Vs, but now any sort of single prizers format is busted by insane cards like mismagius and this. Sort of lame, in all honesty. Big basics were always a mistake imo

Flash~ZT0

Aspiring Trainer
So I know this is on me, but I never finished PLA so I had no idea Volo gets this form. Kiiiinda wish they went with his 1st look.

Also I havent finished because I just like running around catching and fighting

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
So I know this is on me, but I never finished PLA so I had no idea Volo gets this form. Kiiiinda wish they went with his 1st look.

Also I havent finished because I just like running around catching and fighting
At least it only spoils the look and not what it means... until the FA.

Just keep catching and having fun, and don't look at the FAs or CHRs for the next couple of sets.

GoldenBidoof

Aspiring Trainer
Spiritomb - even you only KO Lumi on that range, the ability is just a non-supporter version of Raihan or Teammates. Sick! 4
Volo - brokes Lumi, left, right, and center. And not just Lumi, but cards like Ice Caly. Those energies are easily been accel by Melony. This card also widens your bench space for something else. 4-5
how is volo good? it only removes a poke from ur bench. Wouldnt it be better just to play a colapsed stadium to remove crobat or lumineon on bench?

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
how is volo good? it only removes a poke from ur bench. Wouldnt it be better just to play a colapsed stadium to remove crobat or lumineon on bench?
Collapsed Stadium is just a 1-of stadium card. You may not need it most of the time. Volo, in other hand, yes, it deletes your Lumi not just widen bench space, but also denies your opponent from taking extra prizes, 'coz Lumi is an easy target for gusting. But also can use Stadiums like Path to the Peak, the same time as you play Volo.

Daehawk

Aspiring Trainer
Think of it also this way. You have a VSTAR or VMAX that is close to dying. Switch it to bench, move the energy off it, then Volo it putting it in the discard and denying your opponent the prizes.