Spiritomb AR

novadragon07

Lost in my own mind, please send help...
Will the Platinum Arceus be errated to have its pokebody say:

Poke-Body: Keystone Seal
As long as Spiritomb is your active pokemon, each player can't play trainers OR GOODS from his or her hand.[/b]

I hope so, yet dont.

This is the problem that accurs with new types of cards.
Back when we had "ex" pokemon, there was that double prize rule for KOing them. And many decks were centered around countering ex pokemon. Now with new cards, those older cards dont fit with the new ones.

Same rules apply here.

Actually, the set information states nothing about Goods cards. The exact words used were, "Trainers and Supporters", so there is actually little evidence to suggest the name will be changed to "Goods". Hence, no errata would be necessary.

It doesnt mean they couldn't simply add a new rule stating that cards that affect Trainer cards affect Goods cards in the exact same way, or stating that Goods are also Trainer cards.

Let's wait for their call. Im sure, tough, that Spiritomb wont get underpowered :]

PokeKid Brandon said:
It said right in the set descritpion of the JP. set that they will now be called goods.

Read the English set description. You can find it here:

http://pokebeach.com/2009/12/heartgold-and-soulsilver-press-release-and-set-logo

So no, there is actually nothing to imply that the Americans will call them "Goods".

Quote from the press release.

"Spectacular Energy, Trainer & Supporter cards to expand gameplay options."
They won't be called goods I'm guessing or else they would have said goods instead of trainers.

Even if they were called goods in HGSS, they would make a standing ruling like that said trainer=goods. This is pretty much just like when DP came out they made a standing ruling that EX era cards that said trainer also referred to supporters. Hence they wouldn't need to errata individual cards like spiritomb.

And I think they aren't naming them goods to just avoid all the confusion, cause popular decks(Spiritomb, Gastly, Dialga G) would now have a bunch of confusion and stuff, so they are keeping them trainers. Its not a big deal really.

Seth1789110 said:
And I think they aren't naming them goods to just avoid all the confusion, cause popular decks(Spiritomb, Gastly, Dialga G) would now have a bunch of confusion and stuff, so they are keeping them trainers. Its not a big deal really.

Yeah, but the Trainers are considered being called Goods to elimanate other confusion, because people are getting really confused between Trainers and other cards, I don't know why though.

Most likely they will make a rule like the last time we had a major change.

DP-AR: Trainer includes goods
HGSS+: Trainer does not include goods (Although, technically, there won't be trainers?)

As stated above, I don't believe they are changing the name "Trainer" to "Goods" anywhere but in Japan. However if they do, it will be just like when Diamond and Pearl came out and Stadiums and Supporters became their own card type.

Fireray said:
because people are getting really confused between Trainers and other cards, I don't know why though.

Because when DP came out it really was confusing. Like could a DP card that said "trainer" interact with an EX trainer that was a supporter.

PoptartG4791 said:
As stated above, I don't believe they are changing the name "Trainer" to "Goods" anywhere but in Japan.

This is not possible. If they make major changes to the layout/graphics of a card, so do we.

Back