• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Spirit Scream (Gourgeist / Sigilyph / Leafeon)

HT F8

Aspiring Trainer
With Lasers likely rotating out next format, wanted to try to squeeze any potential out of Gourgeist XY. Was never a big fan of the damage spread version with Dusknoir (too annoying to play on PTCGO lol), and Stage 2's aren't too great with Item Lock prevalent. I love decks that sweep EXs to win the prize trade. Unfortunately, the deck has quite a few meta bad match ups (VirGen, Dark, Toad), but I feel like it can do alright with the right build. The trainer ratios could likely use some work. Open to any suggestions that stick to the playstyle!

Pokemon:

• 4-4 Gourgeist (XY 57)
    3-2 Leafeon (Plasma Freeze 11)
    2 Sigilyph (Legendary Treasures 66)
    2 Emolga (Legendary Treasures 49)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Professor Sycamore
    3 N
    2 Pokemon Fan Club
    2 Skyla
    1 Colress
    1 Shadow Triad
    1 Lysandre's Trump Card
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    3 Virbank City Gym
    2 Evosoda
    2 EXP Share
    2 Professor's Letter
    2 Switch
    1 Ultra Ball
    1 Sacred Ash
    1 VS Seeker
    1 Master Ball
Energy:

• 10 Psychic Energy

Strategy:

Win the prize trade by playing Hypnotoxic Laser on my opponent's Pokemon and then using Spirit Scream to "OHKO" them. Emolga to setup my bench early and retreat for free. Sigilyph to wall out the early EXs and poke with Psychic. Leafeon to help take out Seismitoads, Yveltals, and Fairys in general. Virbank for counter-stadium, since I'll be spamming Lasers anyway. Shadow Triad to grab the Lasers back from discard. EXP Share to move energy from Gourgeist to Gourgeist as they essentially KO themselves. Lysandre's Trump Card to recycle Lasers, Energy, and Gourgeists. Master Ball to give that little boost to setting up, without draining my hand.

Possible Cards:

Startling Megaphone
Teammates
2-2 Garbodor (Legendary Treasures 68)
Mystery Energy
Scramble Switch
Computer Search
Dowsing Machine
Repeat Ball
Reshiram (Legendary Treasures 28)

-2 Float Stone
-2 Fan Club
-1 Trump card

+2 Evosoda
+2 N
+1 Switch

You won't really need float stones for this deck since the retreat cost aren't 3 or more. And 2 N is really low as well.

9288605 said:
-2 Float Stone
-2 Fan Club
-1 Trump card

+2 Evosoda
+2 N
+1 Switch

You won't really need float stones for this deck since the retreat cost aren't 3 or more. And 2 N is really low as well.

Thanks! I like your changes. Will test them out. I think Trump is very useful, though, as well as being a counter to Night March. Don't think it's worth the space?

I'm just getting back into the game this format, a lot of people are running a much higher N count lately. Will have to get used to it. :)

I never thought about a night march counter! But Mew is weak to physic, so a Spirit Scream or Physic could OHKO Mew, and your opponent will most likely only have a Pumpkin or Joltik on their bench, which they would not want to give up.

9288605 said:
I never thought about a night march counter! But Mew is weak to physic, so a Spirit Scream or Physic could OHKO Mew, and your opponent will most likely only have a Pumpkin or Joltik on their bench, which they would not want to give up.

I haven't played against Night March yet, but I'd assume vs me (once they realize how the deck plays at least) they would keep Mew out of the active, or they're gonna lose the prize trade badly. And there's always Gourgeist's 1st attack to snipe the bench if needed. I would assume it's a good match up for me. Perhaps the Trump Card is win-more? idk.

Edit: Updated main post!

I tried a few test hands vs the CPUs on PTCGO and found it to not have enough basics and run very clunky.

Changes:
+1 Eevee (not enough basics)
+2 Emolga (not enough basics + Call for Family to help setup)
-2 Pokemon Fan Club (too clunky/too many non-draw supporters)
+2 Evosoda (turn Emolga/Fan Club targets into Gourgeists and Leafeons)
+1 N (because good)
-1 Shadow Triad (too clunky/too many non-draw supporters)
-1 Lysandre (too clunky/too many non-draw supporters)
+1 Colress (combo with Emolga, found it better than a 4th N as I should be playing from ahead, not behind)
-2 Ultra Ball (found it draining my hand of combo pieces, replaced one with Master Ball)
-1 VS Seeker (not enough room, want to find room to bring it back, though)
-2 Float Stone (in exchange for)
+2 Switch
-1 Energy Retrieval (had more of a problem getting the energy in the first place)
+1 Professor's Letter (wasn't getting enough energy fast enough)
-1 Dowsing Machine (was draining my hand, never seemed to help when I drew into it)
+1 Master Ball (replacing 1 Ultra Ball, costless setup piece, great for early game where I'm slow)

Please let me know what you think!

Going to run some more test hands and round out the ratios before testing against actual opponents.

Back