Question Spending Beans on Pelago

azaria

Aspiring Trainer
Idk I hope I'm not the only one who doesn't exactly understand how Beans will affect the duration of a task on Pelago. But I'd love to clear it up because I have a feeling I've been using more or less beans as it should....

So the blue timer for a distinct island activity is on the Hunting one for example. It's like 24 hours that it will take without Beans in the crate. But if we had to speed it up, to lets say, 12 hours or less, how would I know how many Beans to put in?

I know that each kinda bean has a specific tiem assigned to it, like regular beans are 20 min, and that the max no. to put in is 50.

But what I don't get is the rate....?

When I put 12 hours worth of beans in an activity that takes 24 hours normally, what would the time be now??? Would it be 12 hours/half the time? What about putting 24 hours of beans for a 24 hour activity?

No matter how many I put the dude always says the pokemon will finish twice as fast. And the way they set up the clock and Bean time is a headscratcher....i hope this makes sense because it doesn't to me lmao. Most guides were not clear or specific on how may you should put for how much time you apent it sped up to be or something....

The beans always half the time until you run out of beans. So if you put 12 hours worth of beans, they will take 12 hours to complete the activity. If you put 24 hours worth in, it would still take 12 hours, as that it still half the time. For that reason, there is no benefit to putting in more than 12 hours worth of beans.

The beans always half the time until you run out of beans. So if you put 12 hours worth of beans, they will take 12 hours to complete the activity. If you put 24 hours worth in, it would still take 12 hours, as that it still half the time. For that reason, there is no benefit to putting in more than 12 hours worth of beans.

Ok so bear with me here sorry but basically, a 24 activity will be 12 hours then IF we put in 12 hours of beans? And I guess I'll learn from not putting in excess... feeling like I'm still missing the point >.<;

What would it be then if we put six hours worth for a 24 hour activity....?

Not going to actually put 6 hours worth lol but I just wanna know the calculation/formula.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so bear with me here sorry but basically, a 24 activity will be 12 hours then IF we put in 12 hours of beans? And I guess I'll learn from not putting in excess... feeling like I'm still missing the point >.<;

What would it be then if we put six hours worth for a 24 hour activity....?

Not going to actually put 6 hours worth lol but I just wanna know the calculation/formula.
If you spend 6 hours on beans, you would get 6 hours at double time (which would be 12 hours worth). You would then have to wait another 12 hours for the activity to finish.

The time it takes is doubled when beans are in the crate. The effect wears off when the beans in the crate are gone. Think of it as a "double time."

Let's say I send off my Pokémon on an adventure to find treasure like I always do. That takes 24 hours. I put 10 regular beans in the crate, doubling the time taken for 3 minutes and 20 seconds. It halves the time for those 3 minutes and 20 seconds, then returns the time rate back to normal.

Back