Speed M Rayquaza-EX

The retreat cost on this deck is in fact the real issue. So when Solgaleo GX is released finally this deck will become the ultimate deck.

I hope that the ruling on GX pokemon will let use Hoopa to grab Solgaleo from deck. We're still not sure if they'll count in a class of their own or not.

True but however, it is mostly used to recycle Pokemon which the Mega Ray player has lost due to change of stadium/Parallel City.
In my opinion, I would say Brock's Grit and Dragonite-EX are the main cards which will help Mega Ray with consistency.
Like super rod, if there are six valid targets, you have to put back in six. I feel dragonite ex is alright, but it's a Lysandre stall target for fright night shenanigans.
The retreat cost on this deck is in fact the real issue. So when Solgaleo GX is released finally this deck will become the ultimate deck.
Solageo is definitely the new Keldeo.

I hope that the ruling on GX pokemon will let use Hoopa to grab Solgaleo from deck. We're still not sure if they'll count in a class of their own or not.
The ruling will not work with Solgaleo GX, because his name is solgaleo GX, and not EX. Sadly, otherwise hes a hop skip and a Hoopa away. On the bright side though, people had no problem getting a Zoroark into play, without Hoopas effect of course and Zoroark requires three different cards (Zoroark, Zorua, and Float stone). So Solgaleo requiring only one card should be a walk in the park to get set up anyway.

The reason I would rather put in Brock over Karen is because Karen gives your opponent back their Pokemon. While this discussion happened when Karen was first announced(That it isn't a big deal for your opponent to get Pokemon back), I believe that it is for Mega Ray, since it seems the 2 worst matchups are Yveltal and PlumeBox(If I'm not wrong that is. I'm sure a few people have noticed my absence for like, the last month, but I haven't really played for that time, either). And giving them back Glaceon, Regice, Fright Night, and Yveltal-EX by itself can be enough for them to come back, not to mention if either of them would be closer to decking out than you(I'm looking at you, PlumeBox), and you need to set back up, you can screw yourself over. Plus, I just like that Brock's Grit has a target limit and can get Energy. While Yes, you do want them in the discard for Mega Turbo, are you ever going to use Brock before you do? And as for Dragonite: I love it!
You can just replace a stadium(If you HAD to for the KO), bench Dragonite, and basically, all you lost was a stadium. I would still keep Jolteon though, for free retreat, plus, it completely destroys Yveltal and Plumebox if you get it set up well. And since all that is-is drawing and energy attachments, you should be golden.
That's just what I came to as a conclusion, though.
Also, all you people that were talking about Solgaleo:
HOW YOU FEEL?

Solgaleo GX may not work as well as people may hope. Wasn't it confirmed to not be a basic? If this is true, you may as well run Zoroark, it answers mirrors better than most anything.

Here is my list I've been playing. Have been having great success

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Bunnelby PRC 121
* 1 Dragonite-EX EVO 106
* 4 Rayquaza-EX ROS 104
* 3 M Rayquaza-EX ROS 105
* 4 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 2 Hoopa-EX AOR 89
* 1 Manaphy-EX BKP 116

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 4 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 3 Rayquaza Spirit Link ROS 87
* 1 N DEX 96
* 1 Pokémon Ranger STS 113
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 107
* 1 Super Rod NVI 95
* 1 Escape Rope PLS 120
* 1 Switch EVO 88
* 4 Sky Field ROS 89
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 2 Lysandre FLF 104
* 3 Mega Turbo ROS 86
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 9

* 5 Water Energy HS 117
* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

Total Cards - 60

Here is my list I've been playing. Have been having great success

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Bunnelby PRC 121
* 1 Dragonite-EX EVO 106
* 4 Rayquaza-EX ROS 104
* 3 M Rayquaza-EX ROS 105
* 4 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 2 Hoopa-EX AOR 89
* 1 Manaphy-EX BKP 116

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 4 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 3 Rayquaza Spirit Link ROS 87
* 1 N DEX 96
* 1 Pokémon Ranger STS 113
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 107
* 1 Super Rod NVI 95
* 1 Escape Rope PLS 120
* 1 Switch EVO 88
* 4 Sky Field ROS 89
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 2 Lysandre FLF 104
* 3 Mega Turbo ROS 86
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 9

* 5 Water Energy HS 117
* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

Total Cards - 60
Ok so you play Ranger and Lysandre to counter the lox only then?

Back