• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Speed Kyurem (Kyurem PLF / Deoxys EX)

Professor Palutena

The Queen
So I kinda started playing this game on Friday and this is what I came up with.

Pokemon: 7

• 4 Kyurem PLF
    3 Deoxys-EX PLF
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 42

• 2 Skyla
    3 N
    1 Lysandre
    1 Lysandre's Trump Card
    3 Professor Juniper
    2 Colress

2 Switch
    1 Computer Search
    2 Startling Megaphone
    3 Crushing Hammer
    4 Enhanced Hammer
    2 VS Seeker
    3 Head Ringer
    4 Team Plasma Ball
    3 Colress Machine
    2 Muscle Band

4 Frozen City
Energy: 11

• 4 Plasma Energy
    4 Rainbow Energy
    3 Water Energy

Strategy: Kyurem is the main attacker. It's really easy to power up with Colress Machine and getting a T1 Frost Spear is really easy. The goal is to get that T1 Frost Spear and dish out damage quickly. It plays a lot like Landorus-EX decks but your main attacker is a bit less durable in exchange for being a 1 prize attacker.

From here, the goal is to screw up the opponent. Frozen City+Head Ringer+Hammers is an amazing combination and is how the deck makes up for its low damage cap of 80. It's also how the deck beats Pyroar. It's a key strategy to beating Seismitoad and avoiding it locking 75% of my deck.

I feel like the trainer line needs work though. I didn't have much of a model to base it on so I made it up. I'd also like to fit in another Deoxys and some Silver Mirrors to raise the damage ceiling of the deck. After my fifth turn or so I'm basically all set up and so everything I draw is dead. So I'm thinking if I can raise my damage ceiling I won't find my deck full of dead cards. Right now I'm just playing cards to avoid decking out. :p

In terms of my experience with PTCG, I played like 5 years ago as a super casual player. But I've been following the game for those five years even though I didn't actually play. I'm only playing on simulators so don't worry about feeling suggesting expensive cards.

RE: Speed Kyurem

Add one more deoxys, 4 of those are usually the norm in plasma decks. Also you have rainbow energy on there twice.

-1 trump card
+1 deoxys

Back