• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Speed Eevee (Glaceon / Flareon / Espeon / Deoxys EX)

Kneiss

Aspiring Trainer
this is my new deck i've been playing around with. not final draft, but great deck from what ive played so far.
Pokemon:

• Eevee (FuF) x4
    Glaceon (PF) x2 *Free Retreat
    Flareon (PF) x1 *Virizion Counter
    Espeon (PF) x1 *Garbador Counter/Random Draw Support
    Deoxys EX x3
    Lugia EX x2
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• Colress x4
    Professor Sycamore x3
    Shadow Triad x3
    Lysandre x2
    Frozen City x3
    Bicycle x3
    Colress Machine x3
    Team Plasma Ball x3
    Muscle Band x2
    Pokemon Catcher x1
    Startling Megaphone x1
    Full Heal x1
    Pal Pad x1
    Professor's Letter x1
    Energy Retrieval x1
    Computer Search x1
Energy:

• Double Colorless Energy x4
    Plasma x4
    Rainbow x2
    Psychic x2
    Water x1
    Fire x1

Strategy:
The strategy behind this deck is to hit the opponents pokemon for weakness when applicable and then power up lugia to obtain just the final three prizes under normal runs. with startling megaphone and espeon you have multiple opportunities to get any garbador deactive or knocked out with a bench hit. lysandre/catcher can make the final hits with lugia a breeze, which combined with muscle band/deoxys/and three frozen cities (need to win stadium wars with this stadium to work effectively) can do it with one of lugias' attacks. shadow triads are mostly for eeveeloutions so they can go back on a benched eevee and start a one prize headache all over again. low draw support because hands get emptied quick usually. Finally, Eevee and why. besides hitting most meta decks for weakness (which can be tweaked for future cards), eevee and its first turn evolution ability makes matchups against pyroar/sigilyph type decks a thing of the past for lugia deoxys.

First plasma deck, so any advice is appreciated. figured i would build one after my loss of dark patch.

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

I'd like to help you out, seems like a good idea. I have a question for you first, though; how much have you played with this yet, if at all? I feel a bit of experience could go a long way here.

Besides that, some changes that I think I can make fairly easily are some tweaks to the trainer line.

-2 Shadow Triad
-1 Full Heal
-1 Team Plasma Ball
-1 Bicycle

+2 Ultra Ball
+3 N

You'll need the ultra ball for eevee, and you also will want 3-4 n.

I hope this helps!

ive played it a little bit, but i just tried out top cuts speed lugias draw support with 4 roller skates/bicycles (only 3 bikes in mine still) two sycamores and 4 shaunas and it made such a huge difference. i almost lost by milling out my deck for my last prize full heal and had to pal pad two supporters back in the deck to not loose next turn. i think to make room i switched it to dowsing machine and ran less lysandre/shadow triad, but i did also add one ultra ball and subtract a plasma ball so far.

I feel that these changes could be made since it doesn't seem like these cards will be used extremely often.

-1 Catcher
-1 Energy Retrieval
-1 Full Heal
+1 Deoxys EX
+2 Flareon

Also, I feel that all Frozen City can be taken out and made into something else.

-3 Frozen City
+3 Plasma Frigate

Imagine this situation. You're in a game where your opponent has only 3 Prizes left to take. If you attach an energy to a benched Eevee with Frozen city in play, allowing you to evolve it into something with bigger HP. Then you attack. On your opponent's turn they then bring your benched Eeveelution active and Night Spear with a Darkrai EX for 90 when only another 70 is needed to KO your Pokemon then they do bench damage to an EX. Now they have a damaged EX all set up to possibly Evil Ball next turn for a KO and only 2 prizes left. With Plasma Frigate, you do less damage to your Eevees.

Hope this helps,
LoneWolf2113

i inderstand where youre coming from with the plasma frigate being moved in, but i just feel that the frozen city just helps put that little bit of damage down to give lugia the three prizes easier to win. also with any pomemon that has plasma energy having no weakness i could almost call an auto loss against a virizion/genesect deck which is the one deck i kept in mind while building this deck. during comps i think i will be running two flareons to make it easier to get out and not be prized, but for my local shop tournaments i feel like 1 flareons enough.

i will say i rarely use the energy retrieval at all (i think it was put there for playing it safe), and the catcher might be switched for lysandre.
i need to repost this deck list because in three days this deck has changed a LOT and the new list just got me first place this week at the local shop.

I'm running a deck similar to this. It can be very strong, but you need to be sure you have answers to the right matchups, and can pull them out reliably. This is also the sort of deck that must be constantly evolving (no pun intended) to keep up with the current metagame. Thess are my suggestions for subsitutions, but prepare to adapt based on what decks are the most popular in your area. Around here Fighting variants and Seismitoad rule the playing field.

-1 Glaceon (You only need one for support reasons, and it's not going to kill you if it's prized. This guy shouldn't be attacking anyway.)
-1 Espeon (It will one-shot a Trubbish, but not a Garbodor. You'll also have bigger threats like Landorus to worry about.)
-1 Full Heal (Switch will cure status and get a Pokemon out of active, so it's more versitile. Glaceon will let you retreat back to the one you were using.)
-2 Psychic Energy (You'll hardly attack with Deoxys. It's good to have the Rainbows around if you do thought.)
-3 Frozen City (Not so viable in today's metagame, sadly.)
-2 Shadow Triad (This is more of an emergency card.)
-2 Bicycle (Seismitoad changed the viablitly of this card.)
-1 Pal Pad (Better to have enough Supporters than to worry about getting them back.)

-1 Catcher (Lysandre takes care of this.)
+2 Leafeon PLF (Will do gobs of damage to a Seismitoad if it doesn't KO it outright. Also resists the rare Empoleon or Keldeo and punishes energy hogs like Yveltal and Mewtwo.)
+1 Vaporeon PLF (Will one-shot a Landorus or a Charizard with a Muscle Band).
+3 N (You need more Supporters, especially with Seismitoad flying around).
+3 Plasma Frigate / Training Center (Either one of this will help keep your Eeveelutions alive. I run a similar deck with Training Center, but i don't run Lugia or Deoxys, so that's just my preference. Either works equally well for you.)
+2 Switch (You need something to get a Pokemon out if it's sleeping.)
+! Sacred Ash (Get those KO'd Pokemon back. A singled copy will do you more justice than multiple Triads, as it gets more Pokemon and it's not a Supporter.)
+2 Grass Energy (For evolving into Leafeon.)

Any particular reason why you omitted Leafeon (PF) which is arguably the best Eeveelution given its overall versatility, damage output potential for just C energy cost, and a definite counter to Seismitoad EX, Tyrantrum, and any other Poke that needs lots of energy?

From my experience in running my Plasma deck with the Eeveelutions, I found Leafeon and Glaceon to be quite sufficient. I do not run either Espeon or Flareon (nice, but really not needed to compete with VirGen decks).

I just took 4th (by the way, I beat a player running VirGen with Baloons) in a recent sanctioned tournament with this deck. The overall winner ran a Yveltal EX deck (even without Dark Patch, these decks are still a force to be reckoned with); both 2nd and 3rd place winners ran Pyroar (?) decks. There were supposedly 6 Seismitoad decks being played too. From earlier playtesting and this tournament experience, I offer the following comments for your consideration:

• Glaceon (PF) proved to be fantastic; it not only provided free retreat (this is often under-appreciated) to my Poke, but it was also a hard counter to Pyroars and Donphans. Glaceon was also very useful against Landorus EX too.
  • Leafeon just smiles when Seismitoads hit the field... or when my opponent has lots of energy in play.
  • Before this tournament, I had play-tested Pokemon Fan Club in another deck and decided to included in my Plasma deck. That turned into a good decision given the times I wanted to get multiple Poke benched and my opponent had Item-lock in place.
  • Despite the popularity of F decks right now, I needed Thundurus EX (I execluded this Poke from my deck) to get discarded energy; so, I placed 2 back into my deck.
  • I ran 2 Frozen City Stadiums in my deck and they also proved to very, very useful.
I hope you find these comments helpful.

the main reason i omitted leafeon in this build was more on an overconfidence towards water decks. with deluge decks loosing beach and having frozen city down helps a lot, and seismitoad i feel isnt the hardest lock type pokemon to counter. saying that i felt i had to add some way to take on virizion easier and include a way to keep garbador at bay because of my overeliance on abilities.
i like leafeon, but i still want as many prizes in one kill with lugia and deoxys already uses enemies energy against them/OHKO's mewtwo. leafeon just seemed like it didnt fit, even thou its a great card.

i do like fan club and may switch to that instead of ultra ball and i decided to also add in a keldeo in place of a glaceon (giving up to many muligans so trying to increase basic count). this also ment adding float stone, but removed full heal and something else.

Back