• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Speed Darkrai EX / Friends for Spring Regionals

r4ptur3d

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 11
  • 2 Darkrai EX (BP)
  • 2 Darkrai EX (DEX)
  • 1 Yveltal (GEN)
  • 1 Yveltal (BPT)
  • 1 Yveltal EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Keldeo EX
  • 1 Mewtwo EX (NextDestinies)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 37
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Max Elixir
  • 4 Dark Patch
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 1 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
  • 2 Reverse Valley
Energy: 12
  • 12 Darkness Energy
Strategy:

Fairly normal looking Darkrai speed list. I decided to cut down on 1 GEN/XY Yveltal because I find him slightly more unappealing when running dark patch and have access to Max Elixir to get energies out fast.

Running a Mewtwo-EX to deal with Maxie into Gallade shenanigans as well as a very good attacker.

Baseline: Compressor out energies, Elixir energies, and hopefully have BT Darkrai to attack initially while spreading extra energies out onto other attackers. Fighting Fury belt to increase longevity of attackers generally making OHKOs out of the question unless weakness has a play in attacking.

Planning to give this deck a whirl at a Regional end of May here. any changes or thoughts you guys have let me know ASAP, thanks.

Last edited:

r4ptur3d

Aspiring Trainer
why mewtwo ex?
I feel like it is a fairly good choice against decks that want to use Maxie to get some type of fighting pokemon into play. On top of that he is still able to stack up on energy and be a fairly good attacker.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
@r4ptur3d
I think your list is quite solid. My only comments would reflect more of my "style" than anything else. For example, I find 2 Battle Compressor to be sufficient (knowing that a 3rd increases my chances of drawing into it, but it usually becomes Ultra Ball fodder). I also prefer to run 2 Ns.

How does this deck handle jolteon EX?
The speed of this deck is great; so, there is a chance you can KO the Jolteon EX before an opponent can attack with it. Otherwise should the opponent be able to attack with Flash Ray, then you'll need to perhaps play around it.

Last edited:

Gabking5458

2016 MA TCG Senior Division Regional Champion!
Jolteon can be a problem, sure, but you can usually probably just Lysandre around it.
I agree. I normally like to run 2 copies of lysandre in any deck that struggles with a card like Jolteon-EX or Glaceon-EX for two reasons. 1. You lose if you run 1 and its prized 2. More lysandres = More KOs

lyonheart286

Aspiring Trainer
Another card you can try is the pokemon20 promo darkrai. Its second attack puts pokemon to sleep, requires two heads to wake up between turns, and does 80 damage, all for [D][D][C]. This could be a partial solution to jolteon, as flash ray only protects from damage, not effects (such as sleep).

r4ptur3d

Aspiring Trainer
@r4ptur3d
I think your list is quite solid. My only comments would reflect more of my "style" than anything else. For example, I find 2 Battle Compressor to be sufficient (knowing that a 3rd increases my chances of drawing into it, but it usually becomes Ultra Ball fodder). I also prefer to run 2 Ns.

The speed of this deck is great; so, there is a chance you can KO the Jolteon EX before an opponent can attack with it. Otherwise should the opponent be able to attack with Flash Ray, then you'll need to perhaps play around it.

Well I appreciate the compliment, I have been absolutely been bashing skulls with this deck in play testing. On that note of Jolteon, I actually havent lost to my buddy once yet playing his. I opt to generally go second with this deck. I have had way to many set ups with this deck turn one and I get to smack something for 120+ damage. I just do my best to use Lynsandre and Vs Seekers to keep Jolteon at bay.