• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Speculative GarboChomp

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
Experience: Intermediate/Veteran
NOTE: This is meant to be BCR-On, so keep that in mind.
GarboChomp
569.gif
445.gif
Pokemon
  • 4 Gible
  • 2 Gabite
  • 4 Garchomp
  • 2 Trubbish
  • 2 Garbodor
  • 1 Exeggcute

Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Elesa
  • 2 Shauna
  • 1 Skyla
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Random Reciever
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Dowsing Machine ACE SPEC
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Silver Mirror

Energy
  • 7 Fighting
  • 4 Blend WLFM

Strategy
Well. I saw the thread speculating on the next rotation, and, knowing that DRX will have a 95% chance to be rotated, I've decided to do an experimental take on BCR-on Garchomp. Why BCR-on? Because if Skyla goes, the format does too. It's kinda depressing if you think about it. Anyway, this deck aims to deal as much damage as possible, while also blocking all those pesky abilities with Garbodor. I'm running Elesa because I'm going to want Float Stones/Muscle Bands quickly, and why grab 1 when you can grab 3? :p Even though Exeggcute's ability is blocked by Garbodor, I can still use it as fodder for Ultra Ball beforehand.

Tool Scrapper is in Dragons Exalted though, unless it was reprinted as a promo or something. I think this could work though. I have a variant of Garchomp/Altaria and would consider doing this instead. I'm getting tired of setting up Altaria (if I can). Never seems like it's worth it anyway, especially with Bangles available, and soon Muscle Bands.

I really like the idea of this. Especially if Tool Scrapper gets rotated, how can they discard the tool on Garbodor?

From my personal experience, I think that 2 Colress is a lot. Unless you're playing a deck that can spam out basics like Plasma or Empoleon.
-2 Colress
+2 Bicycle
or
-1 Elesa
-1 Colress
+2 Bicycle
My reasoning for this is that non-Supporter draw is always helpful, especially if you get stuck with a bunch of tools, basics, or other items and were hoping to hit something else out of the draw. Bicycle isn't made for every deck, but I playtest with them in my lists. I take them out if I didn't find them useful.

My goal in a deck, especially a set up deck, such as this one, is to run about 12-15 Supporters/Draw.
•4 Professor Juniper
•4 N
•1 Skyla
•2 Shauna
•2 Bicycle
•2 Random Receiver
=15
Usually it's a personal preference because of the type of sleeves you use and the way you shuffle. I was suggesting to take out the Colress because you only have 6 basic Pokémon, along with only 3 Ultra Ball, so the chances of having a large bench is small.

Back