Ruling Special Evolving

Lunar Wing

I see the you if you don't see the me
Advanced Member
All right, I have had many different rulings between the Pokebeach forums and from Professor, so I still don't know the answer to this. My questions are:
1. If I start with Duskull SW with the item Reaper Cloth am I allowed to evolve to Dusclops my first turn without the help of anything besides the item (i.e. Rare Candy)?
2. If I start with Poochyena and I go second, can I play down Broken Time-Space and evolve to Mighyena?
I think they are both no, but after so many people saying yes and just as many saying no I don't know what to think.

I'm no professor or TCG Master (lol), but for 2, I thought if you went second you could evolve with Rare Candy and Broken Time Space. BTS specifically says you can evolve the turn you play it down...

dmaster out.

Q1. Duskull cannot evolve. Reaper Cloth says you can use it when you play Duskull during your turn. First, it is just like Azelf and Uxie. If you start with them, you can't use the Poke Power. Second, you can't evolve on T1. At all.

Q2. With Broken Time-Space, you can evolve Poochyena. Remember that if you played it on T2, then its effect immaediately comes into play. That means Poochyena can evolve on that turn.

For the first one, this should answer it:
The Compendium said:
Dusk Stone (Murkrow - Secret Wonders)
Q. Does Duskull's "Reaper Cloth" item, or Clefairy's "Moon Stone" item, or Murkrow's "Dusk Stone" item let you evolve on the first turn of the game?
A. Yes, they do. Duskull, Clefairy, and Murkrow can be evolved during the first turn of the game, even if you put them on your Bench or as your Active Pokemon during setup. (Nov 15, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

The second, of course you can evolve with BTS if you have it T1 and you go second. Thats like asking if you can Rare Candy Horsea to Kingdra T1 if you go second...

Thanks Kronar, but the anser to the second question still seems weird to me because BTS says on it "Each player may evolve a Pokemon that he or she just played or evolved during that turn". Because of that I thought that you needed to play the Pokemon down to the Bench in order to gain the effect of BTS; kind of like Absol SW.

It also lets you evolve a Pokemon as many times as you want. That has nothing to do with just playing it.

Celebi23, I know I can evolve as many times as I want, I was just asking if I could evolve a Pokemon that was flipped and then BTS was played down if I could evolve it.

For BTS, here's the answer.
http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1298487&postcount=46

Thanks chanman45. My question is now answered to the full extent, so this could be locked now. If anyone else finds something else please PM me about it.

chanman45 said:
For BTS, here's the answer.
http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1298487&postcount=46

most of the time, the rulings are the same.
but maybe PUSA won't play it like that?

Back