Special English Set Releasing in June 2022!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A “Sword & Shield 10.5” set will release in English on June 17th, 2022! This means it will be another special set, as they’re always labeled 0.5.
As usual, the set will see the release of an Elite Trainer Box, Mini Tins, V Collection Box, Premium Collection Box, Super Premium Collection Box, and more. This list of products is preliminary. No booster boxes are listed alongside the set, further indicating it’s a special set.
The set will also see the release of a new type of product called “Team-Up Collections” (this may be the name for one of the aforementioned collections). No other information is currently known. This is speculation, but the name may imply these boxes will feature Character Rares since their artwork shows Pokemon “teaming up” with their Trainers.

190-Kingdra.png-140x200.jpg

#190 Kingdra (Clair)...

Continue reading...

A summer holiday set? Count me in. This WOULD be a good way to expunge a huge chunk of what could be over 100 Character Rares between VMAX Climax and Battle Legion!

Kill me, I'm fudging tired of a million secret rares.
Absolutely agreed, the folk making this game care more about shoving special artwork down our throats than making interesting or fun cards. Like, we're getting the second Jirachi EX reprint and legendaries/evolved Pokemon left and right with no text on their attacks but 25+ secret rares per set. And let's not even talk about the fact that rainbow rares still take up precious space in EVERY set and nobody gives a shit.

It appears that the TCG company feels like that can make anything and it will be sold out. I agree about the rainbow and the gold rare in that it is uncreative and takes up space. In the booster pack, they should include a guaranteed full art and a rare/holo/ultra rare rather than reverse holo of any card. The value of these full art may drop but is that really a problem? It will give a realistic chance of acquiring all cards in the entire set.

The TCG company should be aware that in spite of COVID some people can still purchase their product but they are letting their aggressive capitalistic nature to take the best of their products.

No don't even do full art trainers, not unless they're some promo set or something, just stop it. Secret Rares should be things that you aren't expecting

Since VMAX is essentially done I wonder if Battle Legion and future character rare cards will feature VSTAR instead. Same for for alternate artwork cards. Will they be VSTAR alternate artwork?

What a terrible time to decide to stop collecting after the Sword & Shield block...there's no end in sight. I should've stopped collecting Pokémon cards after the Sun & Moon block like I originally intended. Dang OCD, my brain won't allow me stop randomly in the middle of something. Why can't they start a B-Diamond/S-Pearl set.

What a terrible time to decide to stop collecting after the Sword & Shield block...there's no end in sight. I should've stopped collecting Pokémon cards after the Sun & Moon block like I originally intended. Dang OCD, my brain won't allow me stop randomly in the middle of something. Why can't they start a B-Diamond/S-Pearl set.
There was nothing special about that game, besides if they don't have a Meijer era card style for some Arceus cards I'll concede the point

I had been planning to buy singles of all the character rares... but with over 70 known and more on the way, this just isn't worth it to me. I want to frame and display these pieces, but can't justify taking over an entire wall with them. Another 10-15 every few years? Sure, that was my plan. But this is just getting out of hand :(

They can make more secret rares, they just need to increase the pull rates. Better yet they need to have a guaranteed slot for full art pokemon, trainers, supporters, alt arts, secret and rainbows.

Their current method of 3ish random full arts doesn't cut it when the 4th of a set is secret rares. Nobody wants their secret rare to be a worthless trainer.

Last edited:
I had been planning to buy singles of all the character rares... but with over 70 known and more on the way, this just isn't worth it to me. I want to frame and display these pieces, but can't justify taking over an entire wall with them. Another 10-15 every few years? Sure, that was my plan. But this is just getting out of hand :(
It just doesn't make sense to add more cards, stretching the odds further and expect people to buy more TCG at this unfortunate time. Next year or so, the sale of pokemon cards should plummet, this is unavoidable. People are obsessed with pokemon cards just like in the late 90s and then it fell because people interest in pokemon cards dwindling away. History will repeat itself. Probably why they are cashing in as much as possible. Be patient, they depend on us and not the other way around.

Back