Special Delivery Charizard Promos Accidentally Released!

Bongooo

Eternatus VMAX is Mega Rayquaza's goth phase
Another good card we don't get because of scalpers woo!
Hopefully we still get it

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
They will probably delay releasing it by a few weeks now given scalpers ears are perked up due to the ‘zard.

Which is fine. I want a couple just for collecting purposes.

Kami_Sama

Aspiring Trainer
As someone from Europe i just want one. I had to trade a lot for a SD Pikachu so I really hope I can get one of these by using a proxy service. No chance i'll be able to afford one otherwise

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
Nothing accidental about this. Many of these 'accidents' happen to help fuel the hype train. The accidental release of a few McDonald cards created a buzz months ago. Great marketing and nothing accidental about it :p

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Nothing accidental about this. Many of these 'accidents' happen to help fuel the hype train. The accidental release of a few McDonald cards created a buzz months ago. Great marketing and nothing accidental about it :p
You're right, these "accidental" releases can't ALL be accidental! It really is great marketing!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
They're literally accidental releases. It's happened before. Pokemon shouldn't be hyping up anything right now.

They're literally accidental releases. It's happened before. Pokémon shouldn't be hyping up anything right now.
You are right, TPCI doesn't necessarily need any help improving sales figures right now, do they?
Still, unexpected early releases would be a great marketing tactic.
Out of mere curiosity, what are these other accidental releases?
(Or maybe Johnny Employee finally snapped and decided to free the Charizards.)
But if THIS is the case, technically it wouldn't be an accident either. I mean, there's always the chance that someone lower down in the chain of command (or even the guy packaging the orders) deliberately inserted a random Charizard or two for reasons we can only guess at. It wouldn't be OFFICIAL, but it wouldn't be an accident. :)

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
They're literally accidental releases. It's happened before. Pokemon shouldn't be hyping up anything right now.

Fiduciary duties. Yes, they should be hyping up their product, it is how they sell it. They are not in the business of putting smiles on peoples faces. They're literally a company that strives to make profit :p

Fiduciary duties. Yes, they should be hyping up their product, it is how they sell it. They are not in the business of putting smiles on peoples faces. They're literally a company that strives to make profit :p
I wouldn’t be so quick to assume that TPCI doesn’t care about their customers. Of course TPCI exists to make money, isn’t that the point of the economy? But TPCI isn’t run and staffed by robots... there are people, real people, people who care about the franchise and the customers. I would like to ask a rhetorical question to everyone reading this. You don’t need to answer it, and I CERTAINLY hope it doesn’t rub you the wrong way.
“Have you considered the fact that a franchise like Pokémon exists to entertain, to put smiles on people’s faces, by definition, and not just for the sole purpose of making money?”
Criticism is fine, but I hope that those of you who don’t like the direction Pokémon is going either still enjoy it or, that failing, have withdrawn to whatever extent or for whatever time necessary.
Now, in terms of the Charizard promotion, I would like to lay out the facts:
1. Pokémon definitely does not need more hype right now.
2. But they COULD have done this on purpose to let us know in a subtle manner that this promotion is still going to happen.
3. Regardless, this would be a good marketing tactic.
4. Accidental releases like this have happened before.
5. We can’t be certain until the promotion is underway how fast these cards will disappear, so if you want to take part there’s still a chance, but you should probably keep an eye out for when it starts.