Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A couple of Celebrations products have been delayed according to notices sent out by some North American distributors. This includes the Pikachu V-UNION Collection, the Lance’s Charizard V Collection, and the Dark Sylveon Collection. They were supposed to release on October 8th but “may be delayed and unavailable” due to “uncertain shipping conditions.”
These delays would apply to retailers serviced by distributors, such as hobby stores. It may also apply to big box retailers, though we don’t exactly know how Pokemon’s supply chain is set up. The Pokemon Center probably has its own supply of products separate from retailers.
The rest of the Celebrations products are currently shipping and are expected to arrive in time for their October 8th and October 22nd release dates.
Update (Wednesday): Some Canadian distributors have now reported the same delays.

Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Collections—Lance’s Charizard V and Dark Sylveon V
Product Contents: One foil promo card and one...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
TRANSLATION: TPCI is looking out for the safety and security of those poor distributors who have been stalked and looted in the past by extreme scalpers. Good call!

NaughtyDog777

Aspiring Trainer
Dark sylveon box and lances zard box are already being found at Burlington coat factories here in VA, MD and Delaware. Under retail as well.

Carr4600

Aspiring Trainer
I can confirm that some distributors have started to receive the the Pikachu V-Union boxes but will still ship late since they still need to ship out their first batch of Celebrations orders. Also, some distributors were lucky enough to get the Sylveon and Charizard boxes in time for release.

Maximuaas

Aspiring Trainer
In the Benelux all products are delayed. They said it's still ariving this month but not sure when.

Minccino_Man

Aspiring Trainer
Translation: This situation TPCi has gotten the into is a dumpster fire that will make it much harder to find these products since if it doesn't arrive on release day customers have to resort to waiting in line before a store opens or call everyday (and almost all employees at retailers know nothing or wont reveal when stuff arrives).

This will only benefit the scumbag scalpers who will go to such lengths as taking off from work to wait in line for 6 hours because it's more profitable.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
I can’t say I‘m that surprised by this. Celebrations’ release has been an absolute clustercuss thanks to leaks, distributors/retailers breaking street date, and now this.

And I’m still waiting on my Pokemon Center and GameStop orders to ship out, the former’s been stuck in the processing stages (and my card charged) since Friday while the latter is still awaiting product availability (although I’ve heard GameStop doesn’t ship out TCG preorders until release date).
Translation: This situation TPCi has gotten the into is a dumpster fire that will make it much harder to find these products since if it doesn't arrive on release day customers have to resort to waiting in line before a store opens or call everyday (and almost all employees at retailers know nothing or wont reveal when stuff arrives).

This will only benefit the scumbag scalpers who will go to such lengths as taking off from work to wait in line for 6 hours because it's more profitable.
Unfortunately I doubt things will change unless something MORE drastic and horrifying than the Target incident back in May.

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
Here’s hoping Celebrations is the last hurrah for scalpers and other shady buyers. 2022 we get pre 2020 stock levels back.

I’ll be glad to return to the days of overpacked shelves full of unwanted boxes and almost anything you would want to buy.

When it goes from a for profit game and back to an actual card game, we will be alright.

(Actually, just don’t print anything Charizard for a year and the problem cures itself).

Animegamer420

Aspiring Trainer
They did this last year with champions path which indicates this is intentional. Theres definitely an ulterior motive.

LexGoyle

Aspiring Trainer
For me I just hate not knowing if I'll actually be able to get these at MSRP at all even if it winds up being months later. I'm genuinely fed up with scalpers to the point that I'm okay with criminalizing the act and throwing them in prison for a good long time. These dingbats have been screwing everything up, particularly during the pandemic.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
For me I just hate not knowing if I'll actually be able to get these at MSRP at all even if it winds up being months later. I'm genuinely fed up with scalpers to the point that I'm okay with criminalizing the act and throwing them in prison for a good long time. These dingbats have been screwing everything up, particularly during the pandemic.
If Shining Fates is any indication then it’ll be printed to heck and back, the most you should have to pay for a SHF ETB now is $10 above MSRP. Heck, we already know that one set of products (the Lance’s Charizard V and Dark Sylveon V boxes) are getting reprinted as tins at a later date.

The only items that I think will be hard-to-find in the long run are the Super Premium Collection and the PC-exclusive ETBs, the former item has historically only gotten a single print run (although I have a feeling TPCi my change this stance) while the latter should be easy to get if you pay attention to restocks.

LexGoyle

Aspiring Trainer
If Shining Fates is any indication then it’ll be printed to heck and back, the most you should have to pay for a SHF ETB now is $10 above MSRP. Heck, we already know that one set of products (the Lance’s Charizard V and Dark Sylveon V boxes) are getting reprinted as tins at a later date.

The only items that I think will be hard-to-find in the long run are the Super Premium Collection and the PC-exclusive ETBs, the former item has historically only gotten a single print run (although I have a feeling TPCi my change this stance) while the latter should be easy to get if you pay attention to restocks.
Yeah that super premium collection is one I had my eye on for sure but my local LCS was doing pre-orders at Amazon pricing for $399. Then again they're scalping Pokemon hardcore while their Warhammer and MTG are their usual MSRP or below.

The PC-exclusive ETB honestly I don't get why they don't do open pre-orders for stuff like that so we can at least actually get one even if at a later date. It's frustrating because I really can't sit around checking their site like I could with the previous two due to getting a new job that's more demanding on my time. My area feels like it's some black hole because they just don't seem to get much here.

Honestly it's the whole people trying to get collector's pricing right off the bat that's aggravating. Totally get it for stuff that's older and out of print but it's like come on....

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
i got most of it, except didnt see the pikachu anywhere, or the charizard, people were saying the charizard was around but got bought up first.