• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format SolGonite (contains S&M spoilers)

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 15
  • 2 Cosmog (SM)
  • 2 Solgaleo GX (SM)
  • 4 Dratini (ROS 49)
  • 1 Dragonair (ROS 50)
  • 4 Dragonite (ROS 52)
  • 2 Rattata (EVO 66)
Trainers: 35
  • 3 Captivating Poke Puff
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Escape Rope
  • 1 Special Charge
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Puzzle of Time
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Skyla
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 N
  • 2 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 1 Hex Maniac
Energies: 10
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
  • 3 Metal Energy
  • 2 Grass Energy Energy
  • 1 Lightning Energy

The basic strategy is to get Solgaleo GX and two Dratini up by turn 2 and use Sol Burst GX to give both Dratini two Double Dragon Energy and an additional basic energy for one, which means that by turn 3, you'll ideally have two fully-charged Dragonite ready to go.

Dragonite deals 150 damage, which is more than enough to KO a Shaymin. Thanks to Dragonite's Delta Plus Ancient Trait, you only need to do that twice with the help of Captivating Poke Puff and Lysandre and you've won. If your opponent is careful with their Shaymins, simply put down a Rattata to remove any Fighting Fury Belts and use Giovanni to hit for 170.

Thanks to Special Charge and the Puzzles of Time, you should be able to load up a third Dragonite in case you can't get two EX knockouts by turn 4, but any more than that seems highly unrealistic thanks to the high energy cost of Heavy Impact, so it makes for quick games too, because you'll definitely know if you can't win anymore by turn 5 or 6.

The list definitely needs work, but I feel like there's potential for a really good deck somewhere in there. Maybe throw in a couple Shaymin and it's pretty much meta.

The wording on Solgaleo says search for 5 energy cards, not energy, meaning you can set up 4 DDEs and a basic with one Sol burst not just 2 DDEs and a basic ;)

The wording on Solgaleo says search for 5 energy cards, not energy, meaning you can set up 4 DDEs and a basic with one Sol burst not just 2 DDEs and a basic ;)
I did mean two DDEs for each Dratini. I guess the wording was a bit unclear, though.

I did mean two DDEs for each Dratini. I guess the wording was a bit unclear, though.
Ok :p also I reccomend 2 Special Charge and another method of energy acceleration because you can only use 1 Sol Burst per game, you could run maybe 1-2 elixirs, also running 2 Stage 2s is quite inconsistent when you rely on having both maybe run Talonflame?

Back