• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Solgaleo/Lurantis

thewayne012

Aspiring Trainer
I wanna build a expanded deck for a Solgaleo/Lurantis deck but I don't know what I should use as trainers. Here's my Standard deck

POKEMON (16)
1x Oranguru
2x Formantis
2x Lurantis GX
3x Cosmog
2x Cosmoem
3x Solgaleo
1x Remoraid
1x Octillery
1x Tauros

TRAINER (32)
2x Professor Sycamore
4x N
1x Professor Kukui
1x Lillie
2x Lysandre
2x Skyla
3x VS Seeker
4x Ultra Ball
3x Rare Candy
3x Trainers' Mail
2x Level Ball
1x Super Rod
3x Forest of Giants Plants
1x Karen

ENERGY (12)
4x Grass Energy
8x Metal Energy

Can you help me?

I've replace 1 lillie, 1 Karen and 1 Metal energy, to 2 max potion and 1 nest ball. It is pretty good but i could probably improve it

Bronzong PHF is a better option than Lurantis as an energy recovery partner for Solgaleo-GX in expanded since it's ability based and takes full advantage of Solgaleo's ability to move between active and the bench at will. If you're running Octillery as draw support you need to run at least 2-2 otherwise you run a significant risk of a piece of it being prized. You should run 4 rare candy to maximize consistency and 4 cosmog to maximize the chance of a cosmog start since the sooner you have cosmog down, the sooner you can sol burst and get moving.

You should run about 9 metal energies in this list, so dumping lurantis lets you dump all of its associated support cards like grass energy and fogp. Even in standard, you don't need to run fogp in this deck since you don't ever need a Lurantis until after you already have a Solgaleo out.

Bronzong PHF is a better option than Lurantis as an energy recovery partner for Solgaleo-GX in expanded since it's ability based and takes full advantage of Solgaleo's ability to move between active and the bench at will. If you're running Octillery as draw support you need to run at least 2-2 otherwise you run a significant risk of a piece of it being prized. You should run 4 rare candy to maximize consistency and 4 cosmog to maximize the chance of a cosmog start since the sooner you have cosmog down, the sooner you can sol burst and get moving.

You should run about 9 metal energies in this list, so dumping lurantis lets you dump all of its associated support cards like grass energy and fogp. Even in standard, you don't need to run fogp in this deck since you don't ever need a Lurantis until after you already have a Solgaleo out.
Was about to say the exact same thing. I second this.

Back