• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Solgaleo GX Concentrated Deck?

PokeBattler1995

Aspiring Trainer
I heard there was a deck build that focused heavily on Solgaleo GX? I was wondering if anyone can share the deck list with me?

It supposedly can be helpful for Solgaleo, Metagross and Necrozma GX.

I looked at that deck, but I have some concerns about it:

- Why not use Brock's Grit instead of Super Rod? It searches for a combination of 6 Pokemon OR Energy cards.
- If all you use Tapu Lele GX for is its Ability, why not just use one then?
- Wasn't the Lysandre card banned?
- Nest Ball would be better than Level Ball since it searches out a Basic Pokemon, right?

I looked at that deck, but I have some concerns about it:

- Why not use Brock's Grit instead of Super Rod? It searches for a combination of 6 Pokemon OR Energy cards.
- If all you use Tapu Lele GX for is its Ability, why not just use one then?
- Wasn't the Lysandre card banned?
- Nest Ball would be better than Level Ball since it searches out a Basic Pokemon, right?
This is a deck list made by someone else. You're free to use that and make your own changes. Anyway:

1. Brock takes up the supporter for the turn. Sometimes you want to recover Pokemon and/or energies and do some drawing on the same turn, which is why Super Rod is in there. Use one, use the other, or use both, depending on your tastes and deck space.
2. Tapu Lele is picking up steam and is starting to replace Shaymin for some decks. Searching out a supporter for free is too good to make Lele a 1-of. It's also a decent attacker, unlike Shaymin.
3. Lysandre's Trump Card is nowhere to be seen in this decklist; where did you get that from?
4. Level Ball has extra utility in getting Cosmoem as well if you don't have a Rare Candy with you yet.

4. Level Ball has extra utility in getting Cosmoem as well if you don't have a Rare Candy with you yet.

But it doesn't let you get Rayquaza. Plus heavy ball can get Cosmoem, though I don't run that either

But it doesn't let you get Rayquaza. Plus heavy ball can get Cosmoem, though I don't run that either
In stage 2 decks, it's better if you run the stage 1 Pokemon (in small numbers) alongside the basic and stage 2 in the event that you don't have a Rare Candy in your hand. That way, when the stage 2 comes along, you can just play it down on turns after you get the stage 1 down.

Level Ball can also get Cosmog if you don't have Brigette in hand.

In stage 2 decks, it's better if you run the stage 1 Pokemon (in small numbers) alongside the basic and stage 2 in the event that you don't have a Rare Candy in your hand. That way, when the stage 2 comes along, you can just play it down on turns after you get the stage 1 down.

Level Ball can also get Cosmog if you don't have Brigette in hand.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have Cosmoem? Nest ball would search out Cosmog too...

I'm not saying you shouldn't have Cosmoem? Nest ball would search out Cosmog too...
But using Nest Ball you can't use Lele's ability, since the card states that you put the pokemon directly onto your bench. That's probably why the deck doesn't include it in the list.

But using Nest Ball you can't use Lele's ability, since the card states that you put the pokemon directly onto your bench. That's probably why the deck doesn't include it in the list.

But... you can't search Lele with Level Ball or Heavy Ball either... Lele is irrelevant to this question:"Is Level Ball really useful when Nest Ball is more versatile and Heavy Ball /Nest Ball combined does everything you would be using Level Ball for?"

Last edited:
Back