• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Solgaleo-GX / Bronzong

Tanure13

Aspiring Trainer
Hey Beachers,

I created this deck to have some fun in PTCGO and its pretty (fun) and powerfull, hope you guys enjoy it !

only played 3 matchs (3 wins), so it needs more testing...

##Pokémon - 16

* 2 Shaymin EX ROS 106
* 3 Bronzor FAC 60
* 3 Bronzong PHF 61
* 3 Solgaleo-GX SM 143
* 4 Cosmog SM 64
* 1 Cosmoem SM 65

##Trainers - 32

* 3 Trainers Mail ROS 92
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 2 Skyla BKP 122
* 2 N DEX 96
* 4 Rare Candy SM 129
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Ultra Ball SM 135
* 2 Battle Compressor PHF 92
* 1 Xerosic PHF 110
* 3 Level Ball AOR 76
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Heavy Ball NXD 88

##Energy - 12

* 4 Shield Enery PRC 143
* 8 Metal Energy 8

That is some aggressive Rare Candy use there! I don't have much to say, but I would strongly recommend dropping that down to 3 and adding a 2nd Cosmoem. There are too many decks out there that take your items and stomp all over them to rely on only having 1 Cosmoem and 4 candies.

I would also either drop 1 Ultra Ball or 1 Heavy Ball and add on a 3rd Battle Compressor.

Finally, if you aren't going to have a stadium, you 100% need 1 Delinquent. There are too many decks that can overwhelm you if you let them keep the stadium. Anything Toad w/ Virbank. Night March w/ Dimension Valley (I didn't see Karen and NM is going to be a real beast for this deck to overcome without it). Same with Trevenant. M Mewtwo with Shrine of Memories. There are others, but I think the point is pretty clear. None of these decks "need" to have their stadium of choice out, but every single one of them become very difficult to beat if you let them keep that stadium from the start. Also, you *need* to clear Parallel City to run this deck. If you don't clear it, I think you are going to run into a lot of pain down the line. That last one is from having played 400+ games with Rayquaza / Eels which is pretty similar. You *can* play around it, but it is painful!

Hope that helps!

I run a very similar deck! It's nice to see other people recognizing Solgaleo in expanded. I recommend cutting the Skylas (never needed them/run Trainer's Mail instead. It's faster/lets you use other supporters) to fit in a couple secondary attackers for some additional utility and because I found relying on Solgaleo as your sole attacker to be clunky. Unless you have at least 2 Bronzong out you'll be skipping turns you could be using to attack with. I run 1 Dialga EX and 1 Aegislash EX for their obvious strengths. My list as a reference:

Mons (18)
3 Bronzor (FC)
3 Bronzong (PF)
3 Cosmog (SM)
1 Cosmoem (SM)
3 Solgaleo GX (SM)
2 Shaymin EX (RS)
1 Aegislash EX (PF)
1 Dialga EX (PF)
1 Giratina (promo) (I don't like giving free wins to Greninja and Trev. If it's not needed just Compress it first)

Trainers (33)
4 Battle Compressor (This card is busted and gives you SO much utility)
4 Trainer's Mail
1 Computer Search
3 Ultra Ball
2 Level Ball
3 Rare Candy
4 VS Seeker
2 Sky Field
3 Professor Sycamore
1 N
1 Xerosic
1 Lysander
1 Karen (I've never lost a Nightmarch game. In other matchups you refill your deck if your Bronzongs are being heavily targeted)
1 Ghethsis (I love this as a first turn Compress>VS Seeker. "Oops, I win" moments are are good to me. At the very least it forces action from your opponent to find the things they just lost)
1 Colress (you have bench warmers, use this over an N)
1 Professor Kukui (bumps Solgaleo to 250 damage to kill random Decidueyes but more importantly, bumps Dialga to 170)

9 Metal Energy

Shield Energies are an interesting choice but I can see it since you can just GX attack for them. I'll test those for sure.

One tech that some players will run is Archeops (NVI 67) whose Ability prevents evolving Pokémon from one's hand. So, you may want to consider incorporating a Hex Maniac.

Any consideration for an AZ or Cassius for saving a wounded GX Pokémon?

I mean, there's SO much you can prepare for. I've considered Archeops but I don't see it that often (compared to NM or Trev) so I've resigned myself to my fate against it. Hex is a good idea if you expect some in your local meta though.

As for saving my dudes, it's a good idea on paper but since we expend Rare Candy to evolve, it may be hard to replay our kitties once we've saved them. I'd sooner add Max Potion somehow.

Last edited:
Back