• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Solgalantis

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Pokemon: 16
4 Fomantis SM1
3 Lurantis GX SM1
3 Cosmog SM1
1 Cosmoem SM1
3 Solgaleo GX SM1
2 Shaymin EX ROS

Trainers: 34
3 Forest of Giant Plants
4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Professor Kukui
1 Skyla
1 Hex Maniac
4 VS Seeker
3 Rare Candy
4 Ultra Ball
1 Level Ball
1 Professor's Letter
1 Super Rod
1 Acro Bike
4 Trainers' Mail
1 Lucky Helmet

Energy: 10
6 Metal
4 Grass

I'm really trying to wrack my head on partners that can actually WORK with Lurantis GX. Several types have energy acceleration options that are likely significantly better, such as Volcanion for Fire and Palkia EX for Water (remember: Lurantis GX's Flower Supply can attach ANY type of basic energy and is not restricted to Grass as some may think). Something else I felt is that Lurantis GX can 2HKO stuff handily already--if you're making it work alongside another Pokemon, it should probably reach for what Lurantis GX cannot without your once-per-game GX attack.

Enter Solgaleo GX. Sol Burst GX, on top of only working once per game, cannot sustain more than one Sunsteel Strike. Even after you use it once, you're kind of slowed down quite a bit on your energy acceleration. I figure that for both the sake of setting up for your first Sunsteel Strike and reclaiming energies discarded by this attack, Lurantis GX might mesh well. Ultra Road, while obviously already an invaluable Ability, finds special usage here with being able to cycle between your main energy acceleration, Lurantis GX, and the deck's main heavy hitter.

The Lurantis line is slightly pyramid-ed just so you're more likely to start with a Fomantis as your active Pokemon, ready to grow up with Forest of Giant Plants and deliver energy to your budding Cosmog.

Back